It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

world hazard website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I am wondering what websites people at ATS uses to see world an overview of the world hazards that are occuring in this moment like earthquakes, storms major accidents etc etc? What are good websites to follow?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
There is a site called world statistics or something which I will try to find and post up. ##interestingly there is a massive typhoon developing near the Philippines at the minute which will be one to watch. Absolutely ferocious winds of nearly 200mph.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Found it.

www.worldometers.info...

Here's the article about the Philippines. Winds not quite as fast as I thought but still pretty impressive.

mb.com.ph...

MANILA, Philippines – Northern Luzon where it is expectedTyphoon “Juan” (international name: Megi) intensified into a “super typhoon” as it roared closer to to make landfall this morning, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said Sunday.

Storm Signal No. 4 (winds above 185 kilometers per hour) had already been hoisted in Cagayan and Isabela provinces at 4 p.m. Sunday, said PAGASA Weather Forecasting Section Chief Robert Sawi as “Juan” packed maximum sustained winds of up to 225 kilometers per hour (kph) near the center and gustiness of up to 260 kph.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rai76

Try this one:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Cheers Chadwickus!

Got that bad boy saved in the favourites!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by rai76

Try this one:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Great this was actually the one I was looking for. I saw it a couple of years ago and yesterday I tried to remember the name of the the site. Thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

nice link dude

Just looked at the philipines and the gust are at 324kph now....which is 201mph....shocking...oh and a car accident in rochdale england haha

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yikes! Bubonic plague (Black Death) outbreak in Lake County, Oregon. Health officials say it's very treatable these days though. Whew!

new topics

top topics

join