It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When, without choice all sex would be rape, why are my choices to engage in homosexual acts consider

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Explanation: 1st up lets get some things straight here [pun not intended] OK!

Glossary of Terms used!

Sex = between mature consenting individuals!

Ok! moving on...

So "When, without choice all sex would be rape, why are my choices to engage in homosexual acts considered frivolous?"

Now I make a claim that without choice all sex would be rape and I hope my fellow members can see and agree that this is self evident?

Personal Disclosure: Yeah so I'm asking for your opinions but I hope you also bring evidence that can back them up with reasonable fair mindedness! OL will accept the bible [any religion etc] and scriptures as evidence worthy of consideration OK!

P.S. Be prepared to defend your ideology on this issue OK!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't want to sound rude or anything but this kind of topic has been done to death, what the point in bringing it up again, we all know people live their lives they way they want to and the human life is varied and cannot be classified into a single criteria.

Again not to be rude, what's the point in discussing this again?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Traydor

Explanation: Touch a raw nerve did I?

Personal Disclosure: If you didn't want to discuss this issue then why participate?

P.S.
:shk:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I don't understand what the issue being discussed is...
I don't see a connection between rape and what consenting adults do-of either gender. Unless are you talking about the premise of all sex acts being used for reproduction only?

Otherwise... Rape is not about sex-it is power and domination.. It is a degrading act. Anything consenting adults do... isn't... well unless they are into that sort of thing in which case it is still different.

Please explain a bit for me.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Who considers your choice to engage in homosexual acts as frivolous? I suspect no one of worth and this is just a way for you to waste everyone's time acting like a homo..

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Now I make a claim that without choice all sex would be rape and I hope my fellow members can see and agree that this is self evident?

without choice???

guess what... you are human, you have a brain, concience, morals, and the intelligence to know the difference between right and wrong.

consequently... you do have a choice.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Explanation: Excellent! Well done on pointing out the obvious, which as you quoted me explicitly shows just how self evident what I posted [in my own words] was!
:shk:

Personal Disclosure: I am so glad you surmounted that obstical and I hope you [and the other members] can do likewise with the rest of the thread title and OP OK?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Omegalogos:

Now I make a claim that without choice all sex would be rape...

Perhaps instead of using the word 'choice', you use the word 'consent' or 'consentual', then the absence of such agreement would make the act something of 'rape'.

...why are my choices to engage in homosexual acts considered frivolous?

Are they considered frivolous, and if so, by whom? If you are gay, bisexual, or even pansexual, why should it bother you what people consider about your sexual preference? It's your life, it's your body, you and only you are sovereign over those aspects of your self. As long as what you yourself engage in does not harm or cause hurt, either physically or mentally, to others, and that it is consensual...what's the problem?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

don't get your panties in a bind... perhaps you could dumb it down a bit for us hetero-neanderthals and exaplain what the hell it is you're driving at.

your title makes no sense. without choice... of what?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Who's wearing panties and why
?

I think this thread is about that way that many... "Christians"... group homosexuality with "immoral sex acts" like rape, prostitution, molestation, etc. because they were things that happened during the trying times of Sodom and Gomorrah. This, however, is typical selective ignorance of "faith". If you read the Bible before 1948, you will see that they were also singled out for eating pork and working on the sabbath, and that the word "homosexuality" never even comes up, humans warped it to suit their own ignorant prejudices. They assume that God was speaking against homosexuality because the men of the village were asking Lot to bring the angels down to the street so that they could have sex with them. This was immoral because it was rape, not because it was homosexuality. The sadness comes in the fact that people will pick and choose whatever they want to believe out of the Bible because they are afraid of being wrong about their ignorant stereotypes. In any fashion, shouldn't the Christians be more focused on the log in their own eye? How about loving their neighbors as they love themselves? "Christians"

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Wow OL! You sure know how to paint a red bullseye on ya. I will try my hardest to answer your question since its kind of hard for me to understand but here I go. Eventhough sex is natural between a male and female then a male with male, consent comes into play. A different example is like calling rape suprize sex but still things happen. Ok now im really lost.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Stop-loss! because: I grew up a screw up!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Explanation: St*r for the unexpected bump of this thread SL!

Yes it's not one of my better threads at all!

Personal Disclosure: In some weird way [my POV has so way way moved on OK
] I'm sorta feeling that, having reread it now with new eyes etc, that I was trying to convey and this is edited by me here and now to uhm... destigmatize it [what was I thinking??? :shk:
] is....

"why are my choices to engage in homosexual acts considered frivolous?"

Ignore everything else... I want to know why that specific choice of mine is considered frivolous.

P.S. Thanks for getting me to clarify!

Edited to state that remember we are already talking about sexual acts carried about by mature human beings in a consensual manner already as I already did clarify in my OP here...

Explanation: 1st up lets get some things straight here [pun not intended] OK!

Glossary of Terms used!

Sex = between mature consenting individuals!

edit on 24-10-2010 by OmegaLogos because: edited to clarify even further.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Sure thing OL. Just trying to help. You may be the only gay friend that I got here on ATS but still I see you the same as any other human being on this world. So lets get things straight (pun intended) and get back on topic.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

Sure thing OL. Just trying to help. You may be the only gay friend that I got here on ATS but still I see you the same as any other human being on this world. So lets get things straight (pun intended) and get back on topic.

Explanation: You just did mate!

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think you ought to cast yourself out to homo island, where you homos can find out that the same sex can't reproduce. That will show you how frivolous your homo act is. Don't worry about the lack of homos, as a new one is BORN every day.

IMHO you are not normal, so all your actions go right into the Gay pool.

Being Gay is Not Normal. I have no problem with you cause you are different.
I might have a problem with your questions, or why you feel the need to post this crap.
Be as gay as you like.
Ask all the gay questions you like.
Be ready for some gay bashing though.

I really wish you all would stay in the closet with your aids.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Personal Disclosure: In some weird way [my POV has so way way moved on OK
] I'm sorta feeling that, having reread it now with new eyes etc, that I was trying to convey and this is edited by me here and now to uhm... destigmatize it [what was I thinking??? :shk:
] is....

"why are my choices to engage in homosexual acts considered frivolous?"

g0d damn... as a so-called "writer", you really ought to consider taking some grammar classes.
(for emphasis).

Anyway... back to your question.
a) Who is claiming your homo acts are frivoulous... and why do you care?
b) All sex (homo, hetero, or otherwise) not had for the purpose of procreation, is frivoulous IMO... so again, who cares?

I don't know man... this whole thread is pretty stupid.
So, yeah, I hope I was able to shed a some light on your "little" problem.

edit on 24-10-2010 by mecheng because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Hi

Totally agree about the (lack of) grammar - maybe the OS should have tried the UFO board - the language there is pretty alien?

And as for the 'little problem' - guess if you are born a male but not a man it must be a huge problem? Maybe that's why the gays always have to push their views. I guess they're always coming from behind - so to speak.

Peace!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Great point. Why DO gays feel the need to push their views on others? I don't care if you (OP) like men... So be it. Do what you want behind closed doors, but what makes you think I need to know you like sex with other men? For example... why does there need to be a gay-pride f'n PARADE? Does anyone see a straight-pride parade? How about pedo-pride, beasti-pride, necro-pride, incest-pride, etc? No? So why do gays feel they need to flaunt their 'gay-ness' and show the world how 'great' it is?

Especially, when nobody cares?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Talk about spreading hate and ignorance. You people make me sick.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join