It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange sub pic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Stalyon

Here's the ADF-01 Falken from AC5:

Same game, same CGI graphics.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's the same game, but honestly the photo-realism of that picture isn't nearly as good as the picture of that sub. It's much more obvious that it is a cgi picture, both from the people in it, and the texture of the aircraft and surrounding hanger. The picture of that sub has extremely good texture, is highly detailed, and appears quite real. If we didn't know it was associated with Ace Combat it would be difficult to claim that it wasn't real.

CGI these days is getting better and better, although most of it is still obvious as cgi. However, there are a few cgi images out there (that sub being one of them) that is so good that it looks like an actual photo. I have seen paintings done by hand that also match that level of photo realism, and it takes real talent. That picture is quite good, but it doesn't measure up in terms of photo realism.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Stalyon

All you will get is a similar reply as you did last time. He is yanking your chain. The images that he is using for the A-11/SR-71s Blackbirds and F-117s are all very well known. All he is doing is changing the dates and adding info to them such as the F-117 with claimed Boeing aerospike engines. These are well known images. Try contacting the manufacturers of the game?

TJ

edit on 1-12-2010 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Stalyon

Here is another example from his website.

Note the following image of the Global Hawk?

His analysis of the image.

'Lockheed - GlobalHawk long-range high-altitude 'jet engine' UCAV - U.S. Air Force ( Landing - U.S. Army Post - Evergreen Air Base - Arizona - 1980 )
[ NOTE: underbelly nose camera lens shutter 'open' / SUB-NOTE: Germany World War II Dornier aircraft bomber in-background ]'

He claims 1980 and states that a WW2 Dornier is in the background at Evergreen Air Base, Arizona

Notice the image was actually taken in 2003 in Germany?

www.af.mil...

'A Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle lands at Nordholz Air Base, Germany, after a demonstration sortie. The vehicle returned to Edwards Air Force Base, Calif., on Nov. 7, 2003. (Northrup Grumman photo/Gene Yano)'

The aircraft in the background that he claims is a WW2 Dornier is actually a Breguet Atlantic of the German Navy. Note the serial 61+06? The aircraft is still in service. The whole point of the Global Hawks visit in 2003 was for Germany to order it to replace their Signals Intelligence Atlantic aircraft.

Video of Atlantic serial 61+06

en.wikipedia.org...

Info on Global Hawk. Note development timeline?

www.airforce-technology.com...

Are you starting to get the picture of what this guy is doing?

TJ

edit on 1-12-2010 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Yeah, I know, and he did. I got a return mail, and the result was exactly what I expected. He keeps saying to 'read between the lines', which basically means he CAN'T produce the claimed 'much higher res' picture. He's implying that he'll get into trouble with the government and they'll pull down his website, as he says they did his old one. Whatever. At this point I'm tired of emailing the guy, especially since I'm not going to get a straight answer anyways. It would be a waste of time.

So... here's my official take on the image: "Wow, cool picture..! Hmmm, what should I watch on TV?"

To quote 'Paul', "read between the lines"...

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Also note the serial on the Global Hawk image that he uses? 952001

The aircraft was ordered/built in fiscal year 1995. Although the guy claims that the image was from 1980!

www.joebaugher.com...

Note details of first Global Hawk 95-2001?

www.janes.com...

95-2001s first flight in 1998.

www.defense.gov...

TJ

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Another one.

His caption.

'Lockheed GlobalHawk long-range high-altitude 'jet engine' UCAV - U.S. Air Force ( 5 Ground Crew - Hangar - 1980 )'

The image is actually from 2003. The serial of the Global Hawk is 02-2008. 02 denotes the fiscal year ordered/built. I'm sure that the guys in the image will be pleased that they have had 23 years added to their ages!

Actual title of the 2003 image.

'WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio (AFPN) -- The first production RQ-4A Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle rolled out in ceremonies held Aug. 1 at prime contractor Northrop Grumman's Antelope Valley Manufacturing Center at Air Force Plant 42 in Palmdale, Calif. (Courtesy photo)'

Note Global Hawk production for serial 02-2008

www.joebaugher.com...

Also note that this guy now has this disclaimer on his website

'- - - [ NOTE: Photo Removal Request - Now In-Compliance ] - - -'

Are you starting to get the picture that this guy is simply making it up as he goes along? As to why? Who knows? The World Wide Web can be a very strange place at times.

TJ

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Stalyon

Thanks for the reply. It is a very strange website!

TJ

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stalyon
It's the same game, but honestly the photo-realism of that picture isn't nearly as good as the picture of that sub. It's much more obvious that it is a cgi picture, both from the people in it, and the texture of the aircraft and surrounding hanger. The picture of that sub has extremely good texture, is highly detailed, and appears quite real. If we didn't know it was associated with Ace Combat it would be difficult to claim that it wasn't real.

CGI these days is getting better and better, although most of it is still obvious as cgi. However, there are a few cgi images out there (that sub being one of them) that is so good that it looks like an actual photo. I have seen paintings done by hand that also match that level of photo realism, and it takes real talent. That picture is quite good, but it doesn't measure up in terms of photo realism.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I have experience in digital media and I've actually played AC5 when it first came out (and put over 100 hours on it). I know what CGI is.

When it comes to the sub picture, I've seen it plenty of times but never have I seen it as anything by AC5 or Project Aces. You know why I know it is the Scinfaxi/Hrimfaxi from AC5? Because I've played it and I recognize it, and it is the exact same amazing CGI from the game.

So all I'm saying is that it is from AC5 and not anything to do with real life.

But, since AC5 is such an amazing game (here is one of my favorite cutscenes from it)
Battleship Uprising

Here is a video of the mission where you attack the Hrimfaxi. At 54secs in you see the same sub as in the original post in this thread.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yes, I'm well aware that the picture is false at this point, I was only pointing out its level of realism is greater than the average cgi image. It is my understanding that the sub pic this thread is about was never actually used in the game, it is only a concept art piece. A very well done concept art piece.

That specific image though, is FAR better than any of the cgi images of the sub actually used in the game that I've seen so far, including the examples you provided. The games imagery is very good, no doubts about that at all, but the in game visuals don't reach the photo realism of that picture. Of course most of the in game visuals are animated, and it's a lot harder (but not impossible) to maintain photo realism with animation included.
edit on 1-12-2010 by Stalyon because: didn't complete response

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

That's the deathstar galactica the U.S. navy is working on. A laser beam comes out of the top while the sub is still submerged,the beam can destroy a city the size of hong kong in 5 secs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join