It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raytheons 2nd Generation Exoskeleton Robotic Suit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I just found this article on Raytheon's site. Raytheon has developed a robotic exoskeleton that is the closesst thing to the Iron Man suit of the movies. It basicaly says this suit is being designed not as a weapon but as an aid in manual labor in military jobs. Since the first model it has has increased its speed, manueverability, strength, and reduced its power use by 50%. At the bottom of the page I linked there are some links to media articles about the suit. I would like to test one out it looks like fun haha.

www.raytheon.com...
video 1
video 2

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I can see the future for this guy...

He will be forced to mass produce these suits for war.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IllusionofReality

I agree with you completely. It wont be long before it is weaponized and produced for battle.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hi
The problem i have with this type of exoskeleton is,
its a little to massive i think.
I know these tools carry themselfes, but take a look a this exoskeleton
from Lookheed-Martin the "HULC"-Skeleton
(btw,funny name, maybe in the future they color it Hulk green)

Lockheed Martin HULC Exoskeleton

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by I B Dazzlin
I just found this article on Raytheon's site. Raytheon has developed a robotic exoskeleton that is the closesst thing to the Iron Man suit of the movies. It basicaly says this suit is being designed not as a weapon but as an aid in manual labor in military jobs. Since the first model it has has increased its speed, manueverability, strength, and reduced its power use by 50%. At the bottom of the page I linked there are some links to media articles about the suit. I would like to test one out it looks like fun haha.

www.raytheon.com...
video 1
video 2

Man! this is fairly primitive because those so called cutting-edge technologies that they claims to be developed are decades behind those that have upper ranks in power and technology like this powered Exoskeleton are shown to everyone from even their inventors website are at least decades behind those that have upper ranks on power

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IllusionofReality

Raytheon is a UK defense contractor already.

The wearable robotics suit is being designed to help with the many logistics challenges faced by the military both in and out of theater.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bagatell

Originally posted by IllusionofReality

Raytheon is a UK defense contractor already.

The wearable robotics suit is being designed to help with the many logistics challenges faced by the military both in and out of theater.

yup so no way they will have to be mass produced. We can't afford them

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
They call these Elementals.

The next Evolution will be Armor versions. After that you will see development of Battle Mechs.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Mechanical advantage of pulleys was invented by .... well some Greek
informed everyone.
Perhaps studied in high school and first chapter in college physics before
the inclined plane.
You go Raytheon conquering the forces of nature.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Raytheon is not a UK defense company it was founded in Combridge, MA. Raytheon most likely sells items to the U.K. but it also sells items to Germany and South Korea. I remember hearing that Raytheon has a version of their exoskeleton suit that is like the HULC exoskeleton, it only goes on your back and legs to help carrying your pack. I don't see a problem with it being to bulky in the future because since the first gen exoskeleton they have made it lighter and it uses 50% power. If they keep this up then future generations of the suit should be much less bulky.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The HULC seems more field applicable where the Raytheon exoskeleton seems more suited for logistics.
I think the one I like best though is
LAND WALKER: A REAL-LIFE BI-PEDAL MECHA: Video #1
LAND WALKER: A REAL-LIFE BI-PEDAL MECHA: Video #2

Additional Link:
Japanese Land Walker Robot

A one seater, have options such as one might see on a tank and you are good to go.
edit on 17-10-2010 by imd12c4funn because: add link to part 2

edit on 17-10-2010 by imd12c4funn because: add & proper link order

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

The land walker does not look like it has all terrain capabilities right now though. From how it moved in the video it looks as though it would only be able to be used in areas with flat ground or pavement.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Power Loader that Ripley used in the moive ALIEN.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
wait til' The Resistance gets hold of these. lol

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by IllusionofReality

I agree with you completely. It wont be long before it is weaponized and produced for battle.

Then all we have to do is end all wars in 5 years.

Sounds doable to me.

-G

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is some cool body armour called Project Grizzley. This body suit is supposed to be able to save soldiers from IEDs and other explosions. I think it would logical that both Lockheed and Raytheon could be looking to add armor similar to this.
Project Grizzley Article
video
edit on 17-10-2010 by I B Dazzlin because: fix a link

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Raytheon is not a UK defense company it was founded in Combridge, MA.

My bad. I knew somebody that worked for them in the UK.

Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is a major American defense contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in defense systems and defense and commercial electronics. It was previously involved in corporate and special-mission aircraft until early 2007. Raytheon is the world's largest producer of guided missiles.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
They won't be ready for battlefield use until they have an integral power supply that lasts for at least 24 hours. That being said, I want one, with a missile launcher, a vulcan minigun and a great big crab-claw. And jump-jets of course.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Check it out Yo - In the Field:

www.prnewswire.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Here are two more videos of the HULC. The first video pretty much just shows the different abilities of the HULC. The second is pretty a video of some guys walking and running around with it on.
www.lockheedmartin.com...
www.lockheedmartin.com...

<<   2 >>

join