It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Hold These Truths to be Self Evident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I dont know if this should be in the rants forum, general conspiracies or here but i have been thinkin alot lately. I compiled a 600 pg document, with all manner of fringe topics. Made chapters, made a forward. Sent it to all my family and friends. And the more i think about the more i keep coming back to the Declaration of Independence. And the more i read it again and again, and i see the state of the country today, and the last couple years, the angrier and angrier i get.

DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,[72] that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

That is the opening to the Declaration of Independence.

These are the key words- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

And the last line of the opening- But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

This is what OUR founding fathers DECLARED to the King of Britain. We will not accept tyranny, We will not accept a form of government that has anything but the peoples best interest at heart. They told us a long time ago that it is a right and a DUTY to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Because they KNEW that any body of power gets stagnant after a period of time, it gets flawed. They knew about bureacrasy. This is why i get mad. I understand that our education system just straight up SUCKS now a days, and they gloss over this stuff but damn ya'll.....did we really allow this to happen? Why havent we done anything about this? We've know its been getting worse and worse and worse for the last several decades. We can sit here and argue online all day and night, we can lay blame on the people in power, but we as a society need to do something about it. We all know that our "elected" officials arent going to make the required changes. We talk about waking people up, spreading the word to everyone, but dang, cant we see that it aint working? Are TPTB THAT powerful? How are we waking people up? How are we getting the message out? You know as well as i do that we can put the truth in front of peoples faces and have reams and reams of data to back it up, but they will still look at you like your a nut ball. I know i am new here, and you may not like me or trust me because i work for KBR. Im not gonna hide that fact. All i am saying about that decision is this- It was a choice 2 years ago between destituition and a good paying job, it was a HARD choice to make being a veteran but i made it. I am leavin the company in 13 days, ive used the company to meet my goals, and that is the ONLY reason for working for them. Anyways, totally got off the topic there. The question is this, WTF do we REALLY have to do to get the message across? The message being "It is our duty to change a body of power that does not have our best interest at heart". How do we do it? Hack a broadcast? Send out a trojan with the message? Times are getting more and more desperate EVERY DAY. We can NO LONGER sit back and wait for things to get to the tipping point and say "We knew all along but you wouldnt listen". Please someone tell me we can really affect a change, make this country really better for my nieces.......

ADDITION

One human race. No borders, no battle lines, we are as one, across the globe!! I will help any human, you are all my brothers and sisters, and i love each and every one of you. Well.... erm except the TPTB......but are they really human anymore? its not just america that isnt working anymore....we have allowed a collective oligarchy to make the decisions for us. Un-Acceptable anymore!! We want our freedom of choice!! ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.

edit on 17-10-2010 by itbenickp because: Addition

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Well after 500 years of settlement your nation is up to the Snoop [snip] Dog and Snookie stage of cultural development you've gone past civilisation your now in the degredation stage,you have no inaliable rights you are livestock in a corporate fascist state(currently with a smily face but for not much longer).In truth a true student of history knows the dream was just an illusion and based on lies.Luckily the powers that be give you an outlet perhaps you could join the Republican party hijacked tea party.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/10/17 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

Explanation: I really want to St*r your post... But [flagged btw] I can't as you are focusing on just your country and I can't support something of such a petty nature and so I apologize!

Personal Disclosure: I hope we can discuss this at a more broader level and say include the rest of the globe?
I have a document [to link] that supports exactly what this thread is on about, but I need to feel included in this discussion as this thread is about a document that has nothing to do with me as I'm an Aussie!

edit on 17-10-2010 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add text to clarify myself.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Yes, without a doubt this should include all nations, all people. I did put it all on america. You guys are right though, both of you....

I didnt get the link? I would love to read it.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Explanation: St*rs [plural] for you!

Thats because I didn't link it... but now I feel included here it is...

UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

Specifically...

PREAMBLE
Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,

Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,

Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,

Whereas it is essential to promote the development of friendly relations between nations,

Whereas the peoples of the United Nations have in the Charter reaffirmed their faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person and in the equal rights of men and women and have determined to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,

Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in co-operation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,

Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge,

Now, Therefore THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY proclaims THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.

Note that all edits to bold parts of the above quoted text are OL's for emphasis and the bolded text relates directly to your posted text...

These are the key words- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

And the last line of the opening- But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

.... which of course relates absolutely to the specific document your esteemed nation holds so dear and which this thread highights!

Personal Disclosure: Which independant standard do we use to collectively measure our contemporary [say past 50yrs] TPTB corruptness?
I have my version, but I'd like to see what others have to say 1st.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

In a word...Oppresion.

Oppresion of liberty
Oppresion of individual rights
Oppresion Free Will

The *ELITE* of the world have oppresed the citizens of the world for far to long. How? By oppressing opposition, by accusation of false allegiances. You dont see things our way? UN-Patriotic! You want a new government? Treason! You Pray to a different God? Terrorist! Your Country wants nuclear power? You want Nukes! You must mean to use them against someone!......Ummm guys we just want to put some energy in our countries homes....

Things like that.....

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Explanation:

Personal Disclosure: Here is my standard...

It's a mix from 3 different sources... 1st defines the local scale and the 2nd defines internal increments within that local scale and finally the 3rd defines how to use that local scale to measure according to the global scale of the object to be measured.

A] The local standard I use is a Japanese story about a young newly appointed emperor and a fantastic song bird that wouldn't sing for him and 3 of his top [samurai warlords] advisors! Long story short is...

1st you must wait, either because you don't know and are silently observing and learning or you already KNOW and are waiting for timing and placement to act...

2nd when acting [this is a negotiation process] one utilizes a carrot and stick approach and if the stick has to be employed a 3rd time* in a row [you'd better have offered a huge carrot ok!] then you are entitled to...

3rd kill and replace [nature abhores a vacuum and you fubar it then you fix it ok!] the offending monster!

B]* Here is my 2nd source... its acredited to Winston Churchill...[Note I have paraphrased it]

Once is mere happenstance!

Twice is coincidence!

Third time and you are under direct and imminent attack!

C] The final factor in the equation is my signature which reminds me to make sure of the scale and entire nature of the beast so to speak!

Now as for 3 linked incidents within the past 50yrs as regards your nations TPTB NWO corruption I have these to offer...

Ruby Ridge!

Waco!

Oklahoma Bombing!

You will please note that I haven't even had to mention 9/11 etc.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Reichstag, Gulf Of Tonkin, Kennedy, Dr King, WMD's, Plagues, Slavery, Censorship, War Crimes, Illegal Abuse of Detainee's, Flouride, Aspartame.......the mysterious deaths of whistle blowers.....I dont think there is enough space on the internet to list every crime TPTB have commited against their fellow human beings. I would be very curious how deep the river of blood is underneath their sails though. They may have the power but we have the numbers. The system is corrupt, there is no true justice anymore. Theres the rich and theres the poor. Is there anyhwere in the world that hasnt been touched by corruption?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
"From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage."

Here in America, we're currently in the apathy stage. And we're quickly moving into dependence. Like
anglodemonicmatrix said, right now Snooki is more important than our freedoms.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Obviously they oppress us because they have money. I hate to say it, but I do believe that money makes the world go round. They've got vast resources to buy off anything and everything they want. If something goes against them, they can buy off the media to spin it their way, or they can pay their own army to silence whoever it is that is against them. They've got the money to build their impregnable fortresses supplied with all the food they could eat and all the guns they can kill with. (Well, not them, but whoever's working for them.
)
I believe this is how they oppress us, this is how they oppress the truth. You want a law passed? Buy off a senator. That or blackmail him. You want something silenced? Force the media. Their money buys them all the resources they could ever need, but it also keeps these resources from us.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
All Very Valid points, no doubt there. But when is our breaking point? How many times will we watch them cross the line, how many deceptions do we allow them to have? When do we cry out ENOUGH!!!!! It is OUR planet, OUR species and we hold you in contempt! But the question remains though,

How do we get everyones attention to what is going on around them?
-Worldwide boradcast?
-Send a text message out to everyone at once? (everyone always drops everything to look at a text)
-Make an announcement on facebook?
-March En Masse to the White House?

Maybe im wrong on all accounts.

All i know is we need a Revolution.....or a Revolt.

new topics

top topics

join