It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion campaign in Finland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I do not know if this is a phenomena in other countries as well, but here in Finland there as seem to be a big smear campaign conducted againts the Finnish churches.

It started after a nonrpofit organization set up a website that made it a 3-click process to resign from the church. Normally it has taken time and effort to figure out how to do this, but thanks to this webservice they do this paperwork for you. This already made a huge increase in people declaring free of chursch.

Now step two seems to have gone in action. National tv stations have started rolling over the church representatives trying to look them vad, and been sure to remember to ask what they think about this new methos of signing off from church via net.

The third step that just a few days ago commenced involved debates in national news channels, where the whole point had seemed to b setup against making the churches opinions unjust.

The last step sofar is that every big tabloid paper has started having big articles why celebrities are signing out from church.

So what is the conspiracy here?

I was thinking about the pedohile scandal that has ongoing for som time now at high level msm level in other parts of the world. If one uses a bit of imagination, is it too far fetched tha tthese are wll organised operations tu undermine the power of the church?
edit on 2010-10-17 by above because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by above

Weren't the debates about homosexuality? I have no idea what was said or propounded. Can you elaborate?

I have a friend from Finland, who's mother was a christian, and therefore, he was automatically "registered" as a christian from birth. He turned 18 a while back, and now he has to pay taxes to the Church. He's hardly anything but a christian on paper. He was also contemplating renouncing Christianity via some online deregistering process that has been set up.

Apparently, on an average day, 140-150 people renounce Christianity in Finland. With 4.73 million Christian adherents in Finland, it would take 32620 days (over 89 years) for them all to renounce Christianity, during which time, they would surely have many children who would then be automatically officially registered as Christians. Currently, (those registered officially as) Christians make up almost 90% of the population.

I'd say it would take either: a really long time, or some major shifts in policy, or some major incident that paints Christianity in a bad light in Finland to affect the status quo in any significant way.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Sounds like an organized attack on the church by TPTB,
you know their getting serious when they involve celebs.
Once the celebs get on board it will become the thing
to do, people just love to mimic these fools!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I never knew Finland had celebrities or so many issues with religion, it just goes to show that you really can learn something new everyday...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Your statistics are correct. What however is changing is that now it almost seems that the separation of church and state is brought to the plate. The national news took up a campaign against statebound churces.

Now the tabloids are running gallups over questions like "do you think the church has a place in modern society" and "will the recent tv appearances force the church to change opinion on some of their stances like same sex marriage.

From what i can understand; this is the modern way of people telling that we do not need a state bound church.
edit on 2010-10-18 by above because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
That web service has been online for ages. This whole thing started when there was a 'homosexuality night' on some show. The churches views apparently are so arcade and stone age that it caused a fury in the public. Thousands have since resigned. Every day more. I don't have exact quotes about homosexuality but it was something really ridicilous.

[Edit to add] 21000 people have resigned as protest since the broadcast. Church is calculated to lose 6.1 million as a result.
edit on 18/10/2010 by PsykoOps because: added info

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Spot on once again. But do you sincerely think this current uphealval (tv show etc) are just normal going? The churches stance has been known for _ages_, this is the first time it really gets big and picked up by msm

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The whole gay marriage issue has been a hot topic for many years. I'm not sure what triggered this effect thought. Social medias picked up on this quite fast and it spread like wild fire on the internet. Maybe that's it?

top topics

join