It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Better Team of Paranormal Investigators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
So, to start off I could not decide whether to put this in the Aliens & UFO, Paranormal Studies, or Off-Topic's General Chit Chat forum. Mods, please do your dirty work that I fail to accurately execute (sometimes). Thanks!

Now, everyone always makes a big hub-bub about various groups of paranormal investigators (on TV anyways) being awful and fake. This is not really what this thread is about, but more so constructing a bigger and better team. I really do not know if this is a good idea, but I've pondered it a LOT in the previous months. Being a huge fanatic of Ghostbusters does not help either.

Basically, a giant team of paranormal investigators (not dissimilar to the size of a police force or two) spread across various counties and have several HQ's (again similar to the police) where they have various "ready-to-respond" investigators and researchers. The organization would have all the typical equipment used to do their research in the field and in the HQ, and basically be able to go anywhere at a moments notice.

If anyone is still reading down to this far,
I would like to explain the part I mentioned about putting this thread in the UFO section. See, instead of being restricted to researching paranormal (as in spirits) this large team of researchers could also respond immediately to UFO and ET reports. I see this being a good and a bad idea. First off, a bad idea because of pranks and such...that's never fun...but a good idea due to the fact that there would actually be someone to respond to these UFO sightings where no one turns up any pics or anything. If we had this team of professionals...it might make it easier to snuff out hoaxes.

Furthermore, this group might also research things like bigfoot, mothman, chupacabra, etc. Sadly, I know what at least some of you are thinking. And I agree...This is an awful idea and I should probably be burnt at the stake for even thinking of such a thing. Well, I know...I've thought about that a bunch of times. Then again, there are my moments where I think it might not be a really bad idea. Please let me know what you think of it. It almost seems like it might be a mobile group of ATS researchers
Also, try and take it a little easy on me if you think this is just an awful idea...because I already have my doubts. Just figured I'd let ATS know about my idea and see what you all think about it.

I also have a name for it. The Cydonian Society or Cydonian Research Society. Cydonia is the Greek Goddess of heroic endeavor. I figured it might be a fitting name, plus I do really like the name "Cydonia". Plus it fits in with the whole region of Mars thing

Again, let me know what you all think please. Sorry if it's in the wrong section of ATS.
edit on 10/17/2010 by philosearcher because: needed to add some words here and there

Also, if you have questions feel free to ask. I will try and answer any that you have, I have this thought out pretty well but there are still some holes that need filled in. I can post more tomorrow on the idea if it goes that far and people are interested enough.
edit on 10/17/2010 by philosearcher because: To add that last portion about questions.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

I think it is a great idea!

I am actually thinking of starting a thread where ATS people leave motion activated night vision cameras pointed at the horizon or sky, review the footage and post any unusual results in the thread.

This way we can actually DO something pro-active.

This is why I like your idea.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Hey thanks! I like your idea too, quite a lot in fact, and you are right. Both of our ideas really take a different approach to trying to capture paranormal phenomena. I posted my thread pretty late last night, I hope more people let me know what they think. Even if someone else would like to try and take the initiative to start the group, that's fine. I would just like to see it happen. I'm not sure really how someone would go about trying to get a building for that purpose, not to mention transportation (unless members would just drive their own around). Eh, there is a lot of thinking and planning that goes into this but I think it would really benefit a lot of people and the general paranormal society as a whole.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
well, this thread is already on its last leg it would seem. I think it might be a good time to mention that I do NOT mind members letting me know that this isn't that great of an idea. I mean, I like it...and I'm positive at least a handful of others would like it as well - But, I really would like more input on what you guys think of this...Is it really that bad of an idea?

top topics

join