It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Ring is Developing on the Sun!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've have never seen anything like this. According to Mayan calendar There is a flare every 87 days,and the next one will be on the 28th of Oct.2010.I don't know if this will be an event at all,but I find this a really amazing coincidence.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Kriya11 because: Typing error

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Looks interesting

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Is it not speculated that solar flares can make earthquakes? If so...It just was a earthquake outside of California-gulf, at 6,6 richards scale.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fretz
Is it not speculated that solar flares can make earthquakes? If so...It just was a earthquake outside of California-gulf, at 6,6 richards scale.

Speculated indeed, especially here on ATS!!

I am sure the full moon has nothing to do with it.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I might not be phage or any admin on this site. But i do work as a scientist for the government, and i can inform that this is not anything dangerous for the time being. The sun is at the moment going through some changes. We informed about the solar flares wich 100% will start raining down towards our atmosphere in the future, but how big these will be or how huge we do not know. At the time being there is nothing to be worried about, but future changes within the next 2 years will be informed in the media.

When it comes to the increased earthquake and natural disaster rate, its mainly due the "Repair-phase" of our earth Tellus,its pure natural but of course not good for the humans living nearby the effected areas.

Please do not confuse natural disasters with human made earthquakes.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Archirvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 733t-MNKY
I just knew it. We all manifested this end of days crap. Ha ha, believe it or not, we create our own reality. So whatever you all think will happen, will happen. And won't, won't, so on and so forth. We are divine spirits on a journey to some other place, maybe not ufo's, maybe not gods, but we are all here for a reason, we all have a purpose. Some days I think that isn't true, why are we here?? Who knows, only time will tell. Good luck all, take it easy, resist the NWO
haha. PS, chill out, life is just one big ball of fun. Live free or die.

......we're here to occupy space, nothing less, nothing more however. When the aliens arrive on December 21st, 2012, they'll probably be mighty hugry after their long inter-galactic journey and will, more than likely, eat the fat people first.....

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
im still saying

its giving birth

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fretz

Little Richard has nothing to do with with earthquakes although I believe his mass could cause one...... It's the "Richter" scale !

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by nobody you know

Solar wind from that is on it's way to earth and will arrive on the 19th - 20th.

Today is the 21st, and over in a couple hours. The sun is a marvel of science in either case, though its still just a fireball in space, and fires are hard to predict. Here is my take on it though.

Nice sun pics, but just like a cloud can look like almost anything, I don't think its anything to worry about. Even if it was a ring, probably just Filaments making it look that way. No reason we should assume anything bad was going to come of this. By watching other stars we can tell our Sun is probably around young to middle aged, its not due to supernova for quite some time. It's been there for millions or billions of years, so has earth though its changed considerably over that time. Whatever the change was though, life adapted and moved on. I have no doubt there won't be an end of days, sooner or later something will happen, hopefully we'll be high tech enough to get off this rock when that day happens if we aren't already.

Worth watching, which i'm sure NASA is doing just that. If we are hit by a solar flare, and that most likely would be a worst case scenario...no sun blowing up, no fireball on earth. In fact it has happened before, back in 1859, some weird stuff happened, it caused the skies to turn red and even knocked down our telegraph network. If a repeat of this happens today, I think we'll need to fear ourselves(people) more than the sun. We live off technology, so if we lose communications there is likely to be mass panic. This is an interesting article I found blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Fast-growing sunspot 1112 is crackling with solar flares. So far, none of the blasts has hurled a substantial CME, or coronal mass ejection, toward Earth. In addition, a vast filament of magnetism is cutting across the sun's southern hemisphere. This filament is so large it spans a distance greater than the separation of Earth and the moon. A bright 'hot spot' just north of the filament's midpoint is UV radiation from sunspot 1112. The proximity is no coincidence; the filament appears to be rooted in the sunspot below. If the sunspot flares, it could cause the entire structure to erupt. Thus far, none of the flares has destabilized the filament. -NASA

edit on 21-10-2010 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

......we're here to occupy space, nothing less, nothing more however. When the aliens arrive on December 21st, 2012, they'll probably be mighty hugry after their long inter-galactic journey and will, more than likely, eat the fat people first.....

Haha.....

Time to go on a diet...
edit on 21-10-2010 by JonStone because: amended

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I wanted to ask the mods if they can check what is up with the upload picture function?
seems like it asks to login with user name and password but still doesn't work after
the information is entered. Ideas anyone?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriya11
According to Mayan calendar There is a flare every 87 days,and the next one will be on the 28th of Oct.2010.

What complete rubbish. There is no cycle to flares.
None at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Scientists have concluded the ring on the sun is caused by man made global warming.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wonton

Forgive my ignorance but how does global warming effect the sun when its pretty warm anyway?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Pshaw, everyone knows Santa will stop making presents on that day. The Mayans foresaw it!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonton
Scientists have concluded the ring on the sun is caused by man made global warming.

Oh come'on that just crazy talk, when some how this'll turn out to be President Bush' fault.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonton

hmm how much creditbility do Scientists have these day's....
my guess is that there rate is about 1 percent tru........

99% sponsort lies..
we know the saying:
whose bread you eat........ whose word you speak

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

um, i think he was being facetious.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

You probably need to use the original password ats sent you. If you changed your ats password, you also need to change the media password too.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join