It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Ring is Developing on the Sun!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL:

That will do thank you. ANY further off-topic posts and/or bickering will result in post removal AND a posting ban.

Focus on the topic, not on each other.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It's not really a ring anymore, more of a J shape now....

*ducks*

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I agree.

It wasn't really a ring to begin with anyway, it was more like a "C" more or less.

Oh, I got it! The Sun is trying to talk to us...

"C" "J" wonder whos initials those are, backwards.

Christ!

Or whoever thought it was a full ring at first... "O" "J"...

Yes, just joking around.
edit on 18-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
As I was saying... Here is the current NOAA info on space weather.
Space Weather User Groups show great info for those who want to
stay on topic.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f36373c7b59.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
ATTENTION ALL:

That will do thank you. ANY further off-topic posts and/or bickering will result in post removal AND a posting ban.

Focus on the topic, not on each other.

Thank you.

No, thank you. Seriously.

As for the circle, It seems to be changing, so this may be a fluke. Was the original picture taken the same day this was posted?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

Yea sure ... the sun is about to explode and whipe all life off of all planets in our solar system.

And now WHAT? Run and hide?

Not buying any imideate danger. Maybe humanity should learn to read some signs ... wasn't there a warning for this in a crop circle symbol last year?
edit on 10/18/2010 by Melyanna Tengwesta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Very informative website explaining scales to measure Sun activity.
Might be useful to determine if we need to take precautions or just
go get a bottle of jack daniels and some.

The NOAA Space Weather Scales were introduced as a way to communicate to the general public the current and future space weather conditions and their possible effects on people and systems. Many of the SWPC products describe the space environment, but few have described the effects that can be experienced as the result of environmental disturbances. These scales will be useful to users of our products and those who are interested in space weather effects. The scales describe the environmental disturbances for three event types: geomagnetic storms, solar radiation storms, and radio blackouts. The scales have numbered levels, analogous to hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes that convey severity. They list possible effects at each level. They also show how often such events happen, and give a measure of the intensity of the physical causes. See New Scales Help Public, Technicians Understand Space Weather

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
..... excuse me but..... did you just say 'when the sun is off at night' - and mean it? I mean really truly mean it? Because um... uh..... just... really?! When the sun is OFF at NIGHT?
You slept through science class and Sesame Street, didn't you? I'm not like making fun of your reply here but... oh yeah. Fine. I'm making fun. I HOPE you're being sarcastic too. I truly hope so.

Using my gen3 night hunter scope I can clearly see the rings. there are 2, when the sun is off at night, the weird thing is it appears blue!! every other thing I have ever looked at through the scope has been green!!!, I'm sure Phage, Chad or Oz will be able to make me feel safe, though at the moment I'm trembling with fear, fear is beginning to get uncomfortable because of the friction and I'm worried she'll leave me and go back indoors soon, HELP ME!!

Hey, There's nothing as low as sarcasm in that post, but I'm glad it made you laugh or think, at the very least it is a hint not to waste your money on gen1 or 2 night vision gear and to take a quilt with you if you're going outside at night with a woman cos once the shivering starts she'll be off back indoors, they're clever like that, the wimmin. See how the sun can have dramatic effects on the best laid plans of mice and men.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Does that mean we down grade the sun doom-o-meter to mild planetary concern or alarm Chad?
Or do we start a new thread claiming the sun is spelling letters, O and J? in order to describe itself as Orange, O.J= orange, I think it could be a sign.
I don't want to overshadow the thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Maybe it means OJ Simpson?

There's a whole world of low brow humour there!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

How do you look directly at the sun at night time then?

Neat trick that must be!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Don't go there bro, there are enough post removals already on this thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

I agree.

It wasn't really a ring to begin with anyway, it was more like a "C" more or less.

Christ!

Yes, just joking around.
edit on 18-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

Crap! That MY initials in english! Should I be worried or should I put the lotto on?

Is this that damn haarp playing again?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

I agree.

Christ!

The word "Ring" converts to the words "Alien ET". The word "Circle" converts to the words "Alien Found".

See websites after my Signature.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
well it only took 17 pages for this topic to go from interesting solar phenomenon to pointless drivel. so i guess that means this topic has a zero to drivel in under 18 pages ratio. not bad things are already starting to look up.

back on topic

Where will the doomers look to now that the sun has decided to no co operate and destroy the planet? im assuming based on all the reports(and the fact im posting this on here) that the supposed ring didnt form and destroy the planet. So close guys but no cheese this time looks like your going to have to place your bets on some other form of world destruction.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

well it only took 17 pages for this topic to go from interesting solar phenomenon to pointless drivel. so i guess that means this topic has a zero to drivel in under 18 pages ratio. not bad things are already starting to look up.

back on topic

Where will the doomers look to now that the sun has decided to no co operate and destroy the planet? im assuming based on all the reports(and the fact im posting this on here) that the supposed ring didnt form and destroy the planet. So close guys but no cheese this time looks like your going to have to place your bets on some other form of world destruction.

I think you just added to the drivel because you certainly aren't on topic, which was about the ring forming, not any doomsday predictions.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The letters "J" and "C" convert to "ET".

See websites after my Signature.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Only a fool would fail to realize that God is communicating with us by writing on the surface of the Sun.

See the websites after my signature.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I have the cure here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

90% more science with 70% less crap!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
Only a fool would fail to realize that God is communicating with us by writing on the surface of the Sun.

See the websites after my signature.

hahahah and only a fool would believe that god with its infinite power and wisdom would choose such a pointless and not descriptive form of communication as making patterns on the sun. yeah ok so god in its infinite power chooses to make patterns on the sun that only scientists with special telescopes can view. when it would have been far easier and way more effective to just manifest right here on earth. lmao the unnecessary complexity of your logic amuses me but who am i to laugh, i know nothing.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join