It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor on: time travel and the cosmos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The ATS John Titor Project Archiving the history of comments and statementsmade by "time traveler", John Titor. Topical breakdown of topics from the material in the main archive. John Titor On Time Travel And The Cosmos02 November 2000 01:16 Grandfather paradox Suppose you could go back in time, lets say several decades and found your grandfather when he was two years old. In his house you could grab a knife and stab him to death. He doesn't get the chance to have children with your grandmother. Therefore either your mother or father doesn't get born. Your parents can't give birth to you because one of them don't exist. You could never have been born and don't even exist. But could your grandfather have been killed by someone who doesn't exist? He must have lived through his childhood. This would allow you to exist if this is the case. Seemingly you can go back in time to commit the murder if you are born but then you would never have been born. And so on and so on. This situation is not consistent with itself. It doesn't make sense and can't possibly happen. Solutions: [...] 2, A parallel universe might be created when you seem to change the past. Imagine if time itself was just like a tree. The different branches show different ways events could have happened. Every time we decide to do or not to do something time splits. Even if we are not aware we decided something it have affects. Quantum physics reveals a many worlds theory like this. Conclusion Since this parallel universe is not really your past (despite it's first appearance) anything you do there does not affect you. You can prevent a version of yourself from being born because you are not really related to anyone there. They just look very like your family and friends. You are not home! You may be somewhere that looks like the place you live but a different universe in quantum physics is a completely different reality.)) By the way, #2 is the correct answer and the basics for time travel start at CERN in about a year and end in 2034 with the first "time machine" built by GE. Too bad we can't post pictures or I'de show it to you. 05 November 2000 03:29 Pamela: 3.what would happen if you would meet yourself on another world line? Timetravel_0: It has always surprised me why that concept is so hard for people to imagine and accept. Nothing would happen. The universe would not end and there are no paradox problems that threaten existence. Temporal space-time is made up of every possible quantum state. The Everett Wheeler model is correct. I have met and/or seen myself twice on different world lines. The first was a training mission and the second is now. I was born in 1998 so the other "me" is 2 on this world line. There is a saying where I come from....Every possible thing that can happen or will happen has already happened somewhere. 05 November 2000 03:29 Pamela: 4.How is this world line different from your own? Timetravel_0: For starters....the fact that I'm here makes it different. I've also noticed little things like news events that happen at different times, football games won by other teams...things like that. I would guess the temporal divergence between this world line and my original is about 1 or 2 percent. Of course, the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view. 06 November 2000 09:04 Yes, you can travel forward in time. No, you do not need an �invite� from the future. 06 November 2000 09:04 You do not rewrite history. I can only affect what happens here just as easily as you can 06 November 2000 16:43 Getting back to my �proper� universe is tricky but possible. Yes, another jump would take me to a different family. 06 November 2000 22:13 Pamela: 2. can you travel to the future as well as the past? my understanding of the machine is the trip is recorded so you can get back to your original time line but what about a future beyond your time line are you able to access it as well? or does it have to be open by a future chrononaunt? Timetravel_0: Yes, you can travel into the future and it takes less energy than going into the past. 06 November 2000 22:13 Pamela: 5. when you go back to the future will we remember you? Time travel_0: Yes, you will remember me if you want to. World lines do not change that way and I will only become a insignificant part of your history. 07 November 2000 22:18 (In the same vien, if you just happened to arrive at "the year 2000" a fraction of a second in my past, or future would I ever know that you just 'landed soonby"?) No "you" would not. But the "you" on that world line would. 07 November 2000 22:18 (In other words, what makes this time line be 'now' at any given moment versus being any other time. We exist as A point on a time LINE, what is it that defines that point?) It is believed there are some sort of measurable quantum differences in world lines. I am not an expert on that so I can offer little information. 17 November 2000 09:34 It is thought that being close to a gravitational field has a biological effect on all matter including cells. The effect is to slow the movement of electrons in the orbits of their nucleus which thus slows the mechanical and bilological functions of the observer close to the gravity. Thus the passing of time is a local phenomenon depending on how close you are to a gravitational source. This is one example of a theory involving "time shells" progressing in size and intensity around a gravitational point from all matter. The more massive the object, the larger and more influencial the time shells around it (like an onion). Another offshoot of this theory is that kinetic energy. 21 December 2000 10:59 In a Universe made up of infinite worldliness (superuniverse), everything is possible and has a 100% probability, therefore�no paradoxes. 30 December 2000 10:28 I�m pretty sure they have a number of experiments going on at the same time at CERN. The one I�m referring to involves very high energies using protons. From my historical perspective on my worldline, I do recall the issue was a point of contention about 18 months ago or so. There were some scientists who thought the experiments were too dangerous to try. The time travel I refer to does not require faster than light travel and due to multiple world �reality�, paradoxes do not occur. Natural time machines do exist. 30 December 2000 11:47 (If parallel universes do exist, did they all start simultaneously? I mean, let's assume that the universe originated from a singularity. Were there any parallel universes at that point? That would not be very logical and it would also imply that there is a parallel universe in which our universe never existed.) 30 December 2000 11:47 It is thought that the event called the �Big Bang� was the start of not only this worldline or universe but all worldlines and all universes that make up the superuniverse. It is also thought that the superuniverse can be imagined as an expanding sphere with the big bang in the center. Individual worldliness (or timelines as you call them) can be imagined as lines originating at the center and �trending� toward spiraling around the sphere until they reach the edge. The individual worldlines expand in length and widen as you follow them from the center. Each individual �moment� or �event� on a world line has infinite possibilities or outcomes. Imagine this as a single point with infinite lines shooting away from it, which in turn are made up of points with their own possibilities and outcomes. Now, remember, these individual worldliness with all these points and possibilities are defined by their ability to hold there inhabitants to timelike trips only (no faster than light travel). 30 December 2000 11:47 Now consider the reality of a spinning or electrified black hole (Kerr). Penrose diagrams of these oddities show mathematically that you can make simulated spacelike trips (faster than light) through the singularity without being destroyed. In order to do this without wiping out most modern physical laws, you must travel to an alternate worldline or universe. Therefore, if multiple worldlines exist, infinite worldlines exist. 30 December 2000 11:47 If all this isn�t enough to get your head spinning�here are some issues we�re dealing with in 2036. 1 Did your worldline (D) exist at all before I got here from (C)? (personally I don�t see how it couldn�t) 2 What happens at the end of a worldine at the edge of the superuniverse? 3 If there are infinite worldlines and infinite possibilities and an edge to the superuniverse, doesn�t that mean occurring events on worldliness are staggered as they reach the edge? (time could end at any moment without warning). 30 December 2000 11:47 In trying to imagine a superuniverse with infinite possibilities and worldlines, I think of a room with mirrors on all the walls. You are aware of your captivity but as you look in the distance, you see an infinite number of �yours� in an infinite number of mirrored rooms. The gravity distortion machine allows you to �step� out of your room and into another next to you. The closer you are to your original room, the closer it looks like yours, the farther away, the stranger it looks to you. 06 January 2001 13:10 A great deal of the theoretical mathematics behind time travel was discovered by testing various ideas in string theory and eliminating the anomalies. As I recall, it was this original work that led to the final proof that six dimensions do indeed curl up to give us our observable universe. This in turn supported more of the theoretical math behind time travel�etc. It�s ironic that the beauty of string theory gives future engineers the confidence to create the distortion unit even though the final proof is still unknown. You�re a physics student, have you ever heard the Princeton String Quartet play? 15 January 2001 13:36 ((The artificial singularity you travel with, you say it forms a local gravity field. Does it physically reduce the size of nearby objects during operation? And if so by how much? )) Actually, there are 2 singularities in the unit. The gravity field is manipulated by three factors that affect it in distinct ways. Adding electric charge to the singularities increases the diameter of the inner event horizons. Adding mass to the singularities increases the area of gravitational influence around the singularities. Rotating and positioning the polar axis of the singularities affects and alters the gravity sinusoid. The effects of the gravity produced by the unit do not have enough time to significantly alter physical objects within a reasonable distance from the outside of the sinusoid. No, things do not get smaller. 15 January 2001 13:36 ((If the electron injection system alters the shape of the field, would that not force the unit to accelerate through space as well as time?)) There is no relative movement in space due to three main factors. Large, kinetic energy inducing effects of the gravity field are compensated for by the interaction of the singularities. The mass of the unit and any objects inside the sinusoid do not exhibit any huge increases on the departure worldline during travel. The observed path of the traveler is obtained by changing the gravity, not by moving the vehicle. The black hole comes to you. 15 January 2001 13:36 ((The question is define "time")) To me, time has two definitions. I see time as a mathematical component of a 10 dimensional super universe. It is a variable I use to define my location and existence. I also see time as a metaphysical compromise our senses use to define the area of collective existence God has placed us in. When I can measure and sense time, I know I am not with God. 09 January 2001 09:28 ((*How is it possible to send a message through Time?)) Unless the information physically travels with the person, not that I'm aware of. 10 January 2001 23:10 ((You said 6 curled up dimensions. The current theory suggests that there should be at least 7 curled up dimensions.)) I may be mistaken but I thought it was pretty well established now that (N -10) was on track. 15 January 2001 12:04 (What is a WORLDLINE?) Individual worldlines represent the limits and paths physical objects take through space-time under the laws of special relativity. They can be shown graphically on an x-y graph with x representing distance in space and y representing passing of time. In time travel talk, worldlines are used as a way to describe and separate the experiences of a time traveler because various laws of special relativity appear to breakdown and can�t be defined on a single worldline. Worldline has also become synonymous with "alternate universe" and / or "time line". 26 January 2001 13:32 ((Is it physically possible for you to get back to THIS time line once you leave?)) Not with the unit I have. 26 January 2001 13:32 ((If all 7 Billion of us here each had our own time machine do you think that would we would end up trashing the rest of the local worldlines?)) Since everything is already happening and possible on different worldlines, the answer is yes�.and no. 26 January 2001 13:32 ((Someone correct me where I'm wrong here but as I understand it, these Parallel Universes or Alternative Timelines are "created" by events in our own, (timelines) or even in others.)) Parallel universes exist independently of each other and only interact to avoid the collapse of the wave function for any given particle that you are looking at. I like to imagine it as a series of parallel lines crossed by a sine wave. Each point on the sine wave where a line crosses it represents an alternate outcome. The multiple �yous� on each worldline record a different result for the activity of the event. 26 January 2001 13:32 ((Actually, in science, "Multiverse" theory is something that has NEVER been proven. For lack of evidence. It crops up from time to time as a way to explain certain SEEMING paradoxes like the EPR double slit experiment with polarized light. But then, just because it can be used to explain something doesn't mean it is so.)) I agree with you that an explanation doesn�t make it so. However you can build a model to describe physical behavior. Even if the model is not complete, its �truth� can be measured by how well it predicts the behavior it describes. 26 January 2001 13:32 I believe the closest non-related evidence for multiple universes right now comes from the physics (derived from special relativity) of rotating (Kerr) black holes. If you examine a typical Penrose map, science agrees that you can travel to �other universes� through these cosmic oddities. They can�t be different places in our own universe because you would have to violate the speed of light limit to get there. Since the existence of multiple universes is a reality from my viewpoint, please allow me to disclose an idea we toss around a bit in 2036. Since all possibilities, outcomes and events are occurring and exist simultaneously, it would mean there are multiple universes out there where �you� are living a day behind and a day ahead of the �you� on this universe. There are some who believe that memory is some sort of information transfer or communication with the �yous� in the past, across worldlines or universes. Although this is seemingly quite ridiculous, if you think that could be true, than physics tells us that the same information transfer from our future selves on other worldlines is not only possible but certain. Could it be that fantasy or �what if� scenarios are actually future memory from an alternate �us� on a future worldline? According to physics, there is no reason why this cannot be true although I probably fall a little closer to DiViper�s feelings about this as he does on multiple universes. 01/26/01 09:21 pm ((So, it would seem to me that your "mission" to go back in time to help your society in the future seems rather illogical, because in fact you can not help them without the ability to make, what you termed a "ZD", a zero divergence trip.)) The reality of infinite possibilities is rather difficult to get a grip on and if it were not for the math, I would delegate it to the realm of religion. I like to think of it as standing in a room with mirrors on all the walls. I can look to my right and left and see many ?mes? all doing exactly the same thing. If we all took a step to our right and passed through a dimensional doorway to the next mirrored room, it would be very difficult to tell if anything had changed. In that sense, there are an infinite number of worldlines waiting for me to return with the computer. If I can get to one of them, I have completed my mission.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Could someone send an email [email protected] and tell me how i can email John Titor or someone who is the most highly regarded time travel expert alive today.I have felt for decades that i do not belong in this time an i have been unable to do anything about it so far!For anyone out there who can help me ,i thank you from the bottem of my heart.Most Sincerely,Kent McClanahan,csm.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I dont know the person who is the most regarded expert on time travel but in guessing steven hawkins, and i dont think he has time for your email.
Also please dont say you want to talk to john titor, it is a hoax.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

EPR double slit experiment with polarized light...

The last time I checked the Double slit experiment suggested that our universe works on Holographic principles, not a multi-verse model. But maybe someone can correct me on this.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It is impossible for us to imagine time travel. The fact is that until it truly happens and we manifest it, it will only be a dream. As long as it is a dream it can still come true. How could we even imagine it with our small brains? Honestly. Is it possible? Sure it is. But until the time it happens, the only thing we can do is speculate on how it would work. All the ideas that we have limit us in that realm. How can we expect to know how it would effect any time line? All the science in the world doesn't make a difference. It only makes a difference to those who are working at making time travel happen. And all of it does not really matter until it finally happens any way.
As far a John Titor is concerned, well sure it could be true. Flying in a plane was only a joke and a theory until it finally happend.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Simulacra

No.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
iv studies this to death, and i cant for the life of me tell whats what.

hoax is the easy option.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Titor is not a hoax he saw new york missing a major skyscraper and knew y2k would be a bust among other things...hard to think it is a hoax when as time passes, more of his predictions come true.

I have always felt I do not belong here, and my timing has alwasy been off, and I've always been very open minded and more forward thinking that labels me as weird.

I believe in multiple universes and dimensions. I believe this is the crux of how the "secret" works. Faith and prayer, when you put it out to the universe you are putting it out to all your SELVES in all the universes you exist on and in the subconscious they are consolidated. This explains all dejavoux, premonition, hunches, etc., Sleeping on it an dknowing the answer or solving the problem in the middle of the night awakened from sleep...the anser came from your collective higher selves.

Anyway, I feel my timing is getting better and better as time goes on but ultimately feel misplaced here. I am hoping to find a way to jump worldlines. I'm not that concerned about matter, because all substance and reality is perception. Form from thought.

new topics

top topics

join