It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ATS Members with Multiple Personality Disorders permitted to have multiple ATS accounts?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Yeah, there's a translation on YT and I can't link it due to the language of the little psycho.

U2U on standby!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post by Esoteric Teacher do not necessarily reflect the views of Esoteric Teacher, or of any other ATS member(s), ATS Staff, Mods, ATS Admin, ATS LLC, their sponsors, their affiliations, or ATSers' household pets.

Somewhat Humorous Post....

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Yeah, there's a translation on YT and I can't link it due to the language of the little psycho.

U2U on standby!

I'll post it. For context....

*** Warning. Extremely Vulgar Language ***

***WARNING - Even Worser Vulgar Language and Cursing***

******WARNING - EVEN MORE OFFENSIVE MATERIAL*******

Have a pleasant day,
ET

edit on 17-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
Anybody ever had their ATS posts used against them in real life?

Like some stranger starts parroting them to you?

If a member were being stalked like that, that might compel them to switch accounts or create multiple ones. To try to shake off stalkers...

Have you hit some of the links below in my signature?

Have a pleasant ATS day,
ET

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Too funny ET!

But if it's any consolation, I have long suspected that all the mods here are allowed one or more "extra accounts" to be as crazy and wild as they want to be without it reflecting on ATS. In fact, I know of at least two "Admin" accounts that post regularly under alias. That's what gave me the idea. However, aside from those, that is total speculation. I would guess in that case that only the top admins know who each of the aliases belong to, but it is confidential information.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Should people who routinely deny the inhherent rights of others to neurodiversity sans ridicule be allowed to post comments on ATS?

R

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
In fact, I know of at least two "Admin" accounts that post regularly under alias.

I also believe there are single users from admin who do have multiple accounts, or access to them, however these accounts exist for specific purposes. One that definately stands out is AboveTopSecret.com utilized perhaps by different ATS Admin individuals and used for specific reasons. Also there may be some accounts used for ATS Sponsored Games and events. However, I am not sure if mods have other accounts or screen names & user names they post under on a regular basis.

And besides, you're the only one I know of around here with multiple personalities, for sure.

There is no doubt my posting styles can change. I do not keep everyone in mind when I post. Sometimes my contributions are targetted. Sometimes my posts may be directed towards a high school student, sometimes towards senior citizen war vets. If I were to address either as though they were the other, I risk possibly offending one, and losing the other in the context and intentions of my words.

But honestly, I can concede, my posts can overtly seem to cover a spectrum, a variety of perspectives, or at least I try express the ideas I might or might not entertain personally.

You may have been joking, but there was some truth in that last quote of yours

Thanks for sharing,
ET

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha

Should people who routinely deny the inhherent rights of others to neurodiversity sans ridicule be allowed to post comments on ATS?

Yes and no?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Surely this question is not answerable or debatable by the ATS management?

For them to do so, would mean they woud have to actually take a position on the mental health of the board members. I've seen no end of threads where clearly mentally ill people have been taken advantage of, and generally made worse by their participation within the realms of ATS.

For ATS to take a position mandated by something like this, would then mean that SOMEONE had to decide which accounts were owned by mentally ill people, and what to do with them - including bannination. Then, the ATS managements' much vaunted freedom of speech defense would go out of the window. This will not be allowed to happen, I assure you. It's a shame though, as the mentally ill will continue to be abused here.

Rev.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
they could and can at present... but can they log on when the bio-metric scanners replace
your account cookies?

my guess is that only those who have fake corneas & iris' will be able to scam multiple accounts...

but why would that seem odd or extreme, there are drag queens that can fake out the most hetero
persons on any given day or time

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
there are drag queens that can fake out the most hetero persons on any given day or time

You should start a thread and share the personal experience/experiences behind the above posted statement. I'll flag and star that thread, might make for some fascinating reading

edit on 17-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I don't think the good people who run ATS should give multiple accounts to these people, it will only indulge and provide a platform for their condition. I imagine whole threads just filled with people talking to their manifestations, instead I propose we should run them out of the community with pitchforks and lanterns in hand...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
I don't think the good people who run ATS should give multiple accounts to these people, it will only indulge and provide a platform for their condition.

I'm not entirely sure I agree with your impression of what Multiple Personality Disorder is. Who are we to not accomidate them and make them feel welcome, so long as they express themselves within the reasonable limitations of the Terms and Conditions we all agree to upon joining? Their condition may bring some noticeable turmoil to their posts, as they may be harboring more than one distinct personality within them who are "fighting" to either gain control or stay hidden within the subconscious realms, but do we not witness examples of inner turmoil and unresolved polarities from members in their contributions already?

One defining characteristic of MPD or DID is that the repressed (dormant) personality has no recollection of what occurred during the time the other personality/personalities were in the driver's seat so to speak. From their perspective they just experienced a measure of lost time, which for them can be very disorientating, and confuse them. And there are already disorientated and confused members posting here on ATS.

These people may have some measure of insights into subjects other ATSers may be interested in reading about. I'm not a proponent of discrimination based upon other peoples' perceiving of biological abnormalities, chemical dysfunctionality, or hereditary intracellular malformed logic, so long as the member's(s') actions and behaviors are not contagious or harmful to themselves and/or others.

However, I must concede, I do see a relative obligation and responsibility of the moderators, staff, admin personnel, and members themselves to promote an atmosphere and environment on the ATS forums by providing positive feedback for overt participation in behaviors and posting styles that participate in healthy dialogue and fair exchange of ideas.

I entertain humorous ideologies that may extend outside the comfort zone/bubble of what some people are prepared to contemplate, or participate in, but sometimes this is merely a tactic to break the ice when discussing controversial and speculative ideas.

I imagine whole threads just filled with people talking to their manifestations, instead I propose we should run them out of the community with pitchforks and lanterns in hand...

Lucky for some ATS is not yet a full contact sport. Although I may not agree with the mob mentality, if one is a proponent of the mob mentality, how can they use the angry mob mentality against individuals with a mob mentality (aka multiple personality disorders)???

Thank you for sharing your thoughts,
ET

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
"Are ATS Members with Multiple Personality Disorders permitted to have multiple ATS accounts?"

Sure!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think if you are aware of your many personalities then no. You should only have one account.
If you are not aware that you have two or more personalities in you then you should be able to have two or more profiles.

What would the odds be of your two or more personalities all being interested in opening an account on ATS?? and would one know that the other has an account??

Always the optimist

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
test. my last post appears below my avatar on my computer screen. Is this what everyone else is seeing ?

Thanks,
ET

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

No, ET, it appears to be in the appropriate place. It's repeating again, as mine is doing on some threads, but the positioning is normal from my end. Did you refresh, and try a different thread?
edit on 10/17/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: As for the thread:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
ATS Terms and Conditions

16c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself."

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join