It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ATS Members with Multiple Personality Disorders permitted to have multiple ATS accounts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post by Esoteric Teacher do not necessarily reflect the views of Esoteric Teacher, or of any other ATS member(s), ATS Staff, Mods, ATS Admin, ATS LLC, their sponsors, their affiliations, or ATSers' household pets.

I thought this might make for interesting conversation and dialogue....

Greetings and Salutations fellow ATSers, and anonymous readers. I have a somewhat curious inquiry I was wondering about. Are ATS members with Dissociative identity disorders (DID) and/or formally known as Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) allowed to have more than one ATS account?

Also, would they be considered in violation of (a breach) of T&C agreements?

Multiple Personality Disorders and/or Dissociative Identity Disorders are mostly confined to North America and the overwhelming majority of these are reported only in North America, curiously enough. In cases where this is diagnosed, the symptoms include:

Supportive material, and background information:

Dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior. With dissociative identity disorder, there's also an inability to recall key personal information that is too far-reaching to be explained as mere forgetfulness. With dissociative identity disorder, there are also highly distinct memory variations, which fluctuate with the person's split personality.

The "alters" or different identities have their own age, sex, or race. Each has his or her own postures, gestures, and distinct way of talking. Sometimes the alters are imaginary people; sometimes they are animals. As each personality reveals itself and controls the individuals' behavior and thoughts, it's called "switching." Switching can take seconds to minutes to days. When under hypnosis, the person's different "alters" or identities may be very responsive to the therapist's requests.

Along with the dissociation and multiple or split personalities, people with dissociative disorders may experience any of the following symptoms:

Depression
Mood swings
Suicidal tendencies
Sleep disorders (insomnia, night terrors, and sleep walking)
Anxiety, panic attacks, and phobias (flashbacks, reactions to stimuli or "triggers")
Alcohol and drug abuse
Compulsions and rituals
Psychotic-like symptoms (including auditory and visual hallucinations)
Eating disorders
Webmd.com/mental-health/DID aka MPD Article

Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment. In the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD), the name for this diagnosis is multiple personality disorder (MPD). In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) of the American Psychiatric Association (APA), the primary diagnostic system for psychiatric and psychological disorders within the United States and some other countries, the nomenclature for the disorder was changed from MPD to DID. In both systems of terminology, the diagnosis requires that at least two personalities routinely take control of the individual's behavior with an associated memory loss that goes beyond normal forgetfulness; in addition, symptoms cannot be the temporary effects of drug use or a general medical condition.[1]

There is a great deal of controversy surrounding the topic in the field of psychiatry. Critics do not argue that DID does not exist as a disorder, but challenge the etiology accepted by DID proponents. Instead of entirely being a product of childhood trauma critics believe that the syndrome is caused by suggestive therapists and/or the influence of mass media, in which DID is widely referenced. (references listed in link) DID diagnoses appear to be almost entirely confined to the North American continent; reports from other continents are at significantly lower rates

Wikipedia's Article on Dissociative identity disorder

Multiple personality disorder (MPD) is a psychiatric disorder characterized by having at least one "alter" personality that controls behavior. The "alters" are said to occur spontaneously and involuntarily, and function more or less independently of each other. The unity of consciousness, by which we identify our selves, is said to be absent in MPD. Another symptom of MPD is significant amnesia which can't be explained by ordinary forgetfulness. In 1994, the American Psychiatric Association's DSM-IV replaced the designation of MPD with DID: dissociative identity disorder. The label may have changed, but the list of symptoms remained essentially the same.

Memory and other aspects of consciousness are said to be divided up among "alters" in the MPD. The number of "alters" identified by various therapists ranges from several to tens to hundreds. There are even some reports of several thousand identities dwelling in one person.
Read more @ The Skeptic's Dictionary < Good Article

REALLY GOOD VIDEO (HBO Documentary / 58:58 long)

I had the good fortune of working for/with a client who had 14 distinct personalities, most of them legally retarded with IQ's less than 40. I was a direct care provider for her and other residents of the facility. I worked for/with her for 7 years, and only one of her personalities had an IQ above genius, but only surfaced 4 times in 7 years, and she was very smart, and obviously not dysfunctional in and of herself, outside of her physical impairments. I do think this lady (ladies and gentlemen to be exact) had more than one distinct personality. And her personalities had different names, ages, sexes, and races. This was also according to a panel of professional mental health experts. She passed on at age 57, many years ago.

Again, what do you guys think... Should ATS members with Dissociative identity disorders (DID) and/or formally known as Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) be permitted to have more than one ATS account?

Also, would they be considered in violation of (a breach) of T&C agreements?
I think it is a testament to both the tolerance & civility levels of ATS Staff to permit special needs users onto ATS, and in true altruistical integrity observe that the developmentally disabled deserve and have the right to have access, also.

Share your thoughts, is this a real condition and disorder, and what are your thoughts about multiple accounts for the same body?

Are ATS Members with Multiple Personality Disorders permitted to have multiple ATS accounts?

Not to make lite of the situation(s) but no, we have not been formally diagnosed with DID or MPD....
Respecfully,
John Paul, also known as E.T.

P.S.
Please People,
There is no reason to panic or be paranoid

edit on 16-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: This conlcudes this post.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

It depends if each of your Multiple Personality's Accept the Terms and Conditions.

edit on 16-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

16c.) Multiple Accounts: You will not create multiple user accounts and "talk to yourself."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

We are not amused.

Ummm no....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

DSM 4-5 = Chinese word by Big Pharmaceutical Industry and close interests.

CHA CHING
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
CHA CHING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The truth of it all:

If you are not drinking the koolaid and the global programming is not taking effect you will experience 1 or more diagnosis from the DSM 4-5. Put simply (MENTAL DISORDER) = a natural response to an unnatural world.

We should be taking a look at the ones that are happy and level headed in this present world...they may be the ones that are truly Mentally ill

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Not to make lite of the situation(s) but no, we have not been formally diagnosed with DID or MPD....
Respecfully,
John Paul, also known as E.T.

I thought the title was funny.

But damn you just messed up my response in that quote.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post by Esoteric Teacher do not necessarily reflect the views of Esoteric Teacher, or of any other ATS member(s), ATS Staff, Mods, ATS Admin, ATS LLC, their sponsors, their affiliations, or ATSers' household pets.

Please People,
There is no reason to panic or be paranoid

edit on 16-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: add humor and disclaimer

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Are ATS members with Dissociative identity disorders (DID) and/or formally known as Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) allowed to have more than one ATS account?

I'm of two minds about your question ET

But seriously, members might play around with multiple accounts for any number of reasons. If a person does that, that doesn't necessarily mean they are MPD/DID/schizophrenic/whatever....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I agree with everything ET said..One of the former careers of one of my many personalities was as a services supervisor of a ward at a state psychiatric hospital..... Most of the relevant conversations I have had during my life this time around, were with psych patients... This was before they were medicated into oblivion, like the people on the outside that are said to be sane only because they function on this insane planet.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
CHA CHING
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
CHA CHING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We should be taking a look at the ones that are happy and level headed in this present world...they may be the ones that are truly Mentally ill

The first rule of fight club is.....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What if the person has multiple personalities but they are all the same?

*taps nose and winks*

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Most of the relevant conversations I have had during my life this time around, were with psych patients... This was before they were medicated into oblivion, like the people on the outside that are said to be sane only because they function on this insane planet.

carbamazepine is a good drug used to decrease peoples' brain activity, of course most of them also need drugs to make them happier about being stupid, also.

edit on 16-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

What if the person has multiple personalities but they are all the same?

*taps nose and winks*

Empathy extends so far. In order to observe effectively what is going on in another person's head, one has to be in their head to observe what is going on in their head. And, technically, if one is in someone else's head, aren't they out of their mind?

Food for thought(s), me thinks,
ET

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Humor??...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If anybody here does have multiple personality disorder, I'm certain that each of his/her aliases would be just paranoid enough so that they didn't know about each other

Or at the very least the fact that they "all" come to ATS daily..

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Funny OP

It's easy to forget that a beating heart and personality is on the other side of the screen sometimes...real people with thoughts and feelings. Naturally, any number of members could fit into the thread title and we'd rarely notice. Remember that 'angry German kid' from a couple of years ago? Now and then I wonder if he's grown up a little and is bashing out posts on ATS!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

We beg to differ.
We are amused...greatly.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Anybody ever had their ATS posts used against them in real life?

Like some stranger starts parroting them to you?

If a member were being stalked like that, that might compel them to switch accounts or create multiple ones. To try to shake off stalkers...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Have your people call my people and we'll do lunch.
We'll go Dutch. Split 5 or 6 ways.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Good God!! That child is in dire need of immediate technical support swat team!!!

Is there an english translation or transcript for that available anywhere does anyone know? I don't speak German, and was wondering what exactly was being said??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join