It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking Elephant from South Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Evolution at it's finest right here.

S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

You got that right!
I'm happy as hell and I'm not going lose it anymore.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Maybe we will get to this point ? :

www.truveo.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

No movie has been so ape then this movie.
Words man!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Always love to see animals talk.

Cool thread! I wouldn't be suprised if animals do evolve to learn language at some point.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Not only do we have to worry about the Monkey Future, now the elephants are getting in on the act. We are doomed! Doomed I tell ya!

The shame is that we are gawking at this magnificent creature in a zoo. If I was an elephant, I'd be throwing my lot in with the monkeys and planning our downfall.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I wouldn't be suprised if animals do evolve to learn language at some point.

...animals already have languages... many human animals have been taught (erroneously) that human languages are the only true languages and there are even legal / scientific definitions to prove their point of view - but - that doesnt make it accurate...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wonderful thread! Maybe the elephant really loved his caretaker enough to learn to communicate with him. Just a thought. The one doing the painting blew my mind too. If it didn't want to paint I would think it would just wave the brush around in the air or drop it altogether. And that dog! Oh my God!
Awesome!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
evolution is a name for the acting out of an eternal potential. duh. evolution doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thaknobodi

Dear God! There is proof of evolution.
You need to study it!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Get an elephant to speak George Carlin's "seven words" and you'd have a news story. You'd also have to show your ID at the elephant exhibit.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

hehe i know exactly what evolution is, in the sense it's been defined.. but that doesn't make it real, nor does study make something a truth. I could masturbate to the peak and stop, but that doesn't make a nocturnal emission unavoidable...

aw nuts, you found me out, i never graduated high school.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

You're talking about the Apes aren't you? I never heard of a Planet of the Elephants, although it is possible, I don't find it as plausible as the ascendence of the apes, orangutans, chimps, and gorillas to the station.we presently enjoy...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm a linguist , but I'm not Korean. It seems to me this elephant likes to make the same sound over and over again. And so the case would actually be : this is an elephant capable of stating morphemes.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i think that is unreal!!! is his name mr ED lol

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

I don`t have much problem with evolution in general and less with intelligent design.

But if you think this is any type proof of evolution,I`d have to say your jumping to a massive conclusion,unless you have the inside track on what some elephants were capable of doing thousands of years ago that they are unable to do today.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

I don`t have much problem with evolution in general and less with intelligent design.

But if you think this is any type proof of evolution,I`d have to say your jumping to a massive conclusion,unless you have the inside track on what some elephants were capable of doing thousands of years ago that they are unable to do today.

I was thinking the same thing. I think the evolution is backwards. Life didn't evolve. It did the exact opposite.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat
The elephant talking isn't as impressive as some other chatty animals. Parrots can also talk and not just repeat words. Scientists have recently changed their opinion from "dumb parrots" to "most intelligent birds".... they can talk alright. All dolphins talk as well using a complex languages which we are still unable to translate after many failed attempts. As many of you know pigs are very smart and very very similar to humans in many aspects. Think about that when you eat your next BBQ

Humans, Elephants, Pigs to , Hippos , Seals and Whales to Dolphins have so much in common

We are Social intellectual Animals , We have No sun protection nearly Hairless , We have less hair than the rest of the Mammal Species and We are Able to Sweat & Secrete Oil & Expel Salt through the skin and We are able to Gain to an Obesity for a purpose of Insulation and We are Amphibious in nature key word -- Swim is it possible that we Humans Elephants & Pigs have had Aquatic Ancestors When was the Very FIRST!! Ice Age

Aquatic ape hypothesis
en.wikipedia.org...

Dumbo didn't fly – he swam
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't know why you've got to have a .phd in zoology/biology/anthropology to figure out that the simplistic version of it all is to make a few speak-and-spells for animals to test their ability.

Image the Texas Instruments panel this critter could play with! I guess it would be much smaller than the ones they'd give to the monkeys and apes

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sakokrap
I don't know why you've got to have a .phd in zoology/biology/anthropology to figure out that the simplistic version of it all is to make a few speak-and-spells for animals to test their ability.

Image the Texas Instruments panel this critter could play with! I guess it would be much smaller than the ones they'd give to the monkeys and apes

This post goes along nicely with what I was saying about the elephant using morphemes. Texas Intruments for elephants...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join