It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Voters Will Decide on Proposed E.T. Affairs Office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I’ll interject my commentary between sections of the article.

(Oct. 14) -- Of all the ballot measures that are being voted on this election season, none may have more universal impact than Initiative 300 in Denver.

Put it simply: If the measure is approved by the voters, Denver's mayor will have to select seven volunteers for a commission that will meet twice a year and gather the most compelling evidence regarding the existence of extraterrestrials and UFOs and put it on the city's website.

We can see here that it is an idea that is up for vote. First question: what reasons would the opposition have to this?
I’m glad it will be on the city website, though. This sort of thing is good for … *gulp* disclosure.

In addition, Jeff Peckman, the man behind the proposal, says the commission will be a place where citizens can report sightings and assess the risks and benefits of dealing with the E.T.s.

So it seems that this will be used to report sightings, sort of like MUFON, but specifically for this city. Also, this will most likely host a discussion board. Hmm.

"We don't know what could happen," Peckman told AOL News. "There could be some good things that come from E.T. contact and some negatives. We need to figure out if there are possible business opportunities or medical treatments that could come from them."

Ah, there’s the kicker. It is interesting, but true: contact with extra-terrestrials could be good for medicine, AND business. Think about all that the Space Age has brought us … extra-terrestrial technology (if it exists) could significantly alter our day to day lives.

Well, ATS, you can read the rest of the article here.

I’m interested to hear your opinions on this. What do you think the outcome of this vote will be? Do you think that this is good for the city, or bad for it? What other motives could there be for it?

Also, here is a link to Initiative 300, the legislation being voted on. Examine further if you so please.

Let the discussion begin.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117

First question: what reasons would the opposition have to this?

Tax Dollars....Not my opinion, but that's definitely what it would come down to...All things political come back to Tax Dollars spent and saved in the end...

Personally, i think the tax dollars excuse is a convenient hide for any law/amendment or bill that the government dosn't want to acknowledge...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
its a start for disclosure hopefully

2nd

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven

Tax Dollars....Not my opinion, but that's definitely what it would come down to...All things political come back to Tax Dollars spent and saved in the end...

Personally, i think the tax dollars excuse is a convenient hide for any law/amendment or bill that the government dosn't want to acknowledge...

But the article says this will be run by volunteers appointed by the mayor. Aside from maybe the extra cost it may carry to upgrade the city's websit (if that is needed), isn't it relatively free?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Denver has the Biggest underground city in the world for the Elites!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven

But the article says this will be run by volunteers appointed by the mayor. Aside from maybe the extra cost it may carry to upgrade the city's websit (if that is needed), isn't it relatively free?

Oh i totally agree with you....Pennies compared to useless money spent elsewhere...

Its just their premeditated response to anything unsightly in their eyes....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Jeff Peckman and the Exopolitics crowd must be thrilled to have an article that isn't just in the Examiner! Peckman in particular has been trying to make Denver invent a job position that he can step into for years. In 07, he was lobbying for them to create a loosely-defined 'ambassador for space' job he could do.

Looking at his Initiative 300 website shows the same old stuff we're used to from Greer and Exopolitics...dodgy links, shaky claims and 'free energy' devices. Look carefully and there's even a link to Stan Romaneck's book on Amazon. Greer's in there in the form of the Disclosure Project and the famous '57 aliens' claims is there too from Cliff Stone.

Not everyone knows his history. He's notorious in ufology circles for supporting Romaneck's attempt to hoax the world with an extremely crap video of a grey alien puppet peaking in a window....and blinking. Given his associates and claims, it's hard to see where he differs to Greer? I guess Greer is like the king of BS and Peckman's sort of like a duke?

Whatever, he started with hoaxes and has stuck with hoaxes.

If Denver votes for this, I hope it's for kicks and not for taking this guy seriously.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Although the guy's a proven fraud, it's not the man behind the idea that matters, but the idea itself! Even if he's a hoaxer, this idea could eventually become a nationwide phenomenon and even if it does not pick up so well, it will alert some people to the possibility of extraterrestrial presence. Whether E.T.s are here or not, this opening of the minds is healthy.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Yeah, you have a point and the idea's interesting on first glance.

The thing is *why* is Peckman so interested? A scammer has deeper motivations for what they do. It raises his profile, lends credibility and must have advantages to his business. Whatever his underlying aims are, he's been working at this for a long while. I'd say money and attention are his motivations and anything else is smoke and mirrors

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Great points about this man being a possible fraud in the past, it certainly does bring whatever he slaps his name on into question.
But, agreeing with an above poster, it's not the man behind the idea that matters, but the idea itself.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Well, we need some place for this all to begin, even though I am not too awful sure the ETs they are talking about a base for are not Reptilian/Draco. there has been a lot of digging there in Denver, hence the piles of rocks all around the site, and it is known that Reptiles live beneath the Earth's surface, that is the nature of a reptile. This Denver thing is too in the open for me to trust it, or whatever comes down and lands at it. You know? Have you looked at the murals there?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm from Colorado and that is the least crazy thing going on politically here. I'm definitely gonna vote no on it (our budget has gone from $17 bill to $19 in the last couple of years) as we have too much debt as it is. We as a state do not need to contact E.T. (however, we do have some of the largest uranium deposits in the world so maybe we do?
) unless they are Broncos fans or love skiing.

The real story here is how much Dan Maes(R) sucks. He's polling consistantly @ 5% in the gubernatorial governors race, and due to that the Republican Party is going to loose it's major party status in Colorado for the next 4 years. It has been a real rough and tumble campaign season this year.
edit on 29-10-2010 by F011235813 because: the great smiley face mishap
edit on 29-10-2010 by F011235813 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
to bad this isnt being proposed in multiple states, it would probbaly be taken more seriously..

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
ET fakers on the take for more Illuminati money.
Its been done now for years now so we must be used to it.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Initiative 300 calls for a voluntary commission, like many other commissions in Colorado. No public funds would be paid to its members. If they city doesn't like what the commission is doing, they can axe it in six months. I have read that there has been a call for a similar commission in New York state. Given the unwillingness of the federal government to openly study the UFO phenomenon, it seems natural enough that cities and states would consider doing so. Ross

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Free advertising as a Alien studies commissioner for whatever money circuit
pays the most.
Things should work out for him on the Illuminati backed Alien circuit.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

This sort of thing is good for … *gulp* disclosure.

Just who in the world or America will tell the story any other way than outlined
by Lyne and his claims of lies that have covered the technology of the UFO
that in all conceivable reason will never be revealed in truth.
That leaves us with phony UFO and ET groups and living in the lies of the
Illuminati. Lets all carry on as normal and go for 7-11 Big Gulp to cope with
living in the Big Lie. When growing up at one time there was this fad or
saying that the government lies. I didn't know what these people were talking
about but I have found a lie and the revelations by Mr. Lyne might just have a
resounding notoriety as being a lie detector.

top topics

join