It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your dog do OOBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A new study suggests that animals are capable of having spiritual experiences. It says that animals have similar brain structures to those found in humans which have been found to be most active when people experience spiritual phenomenon.

Do your pets have spiritual experiences?

Most people recognize that human beings are capable of having spiritual experiences, but do animals share the same ability? According to new research out of the University of Kentucky (UK), they do. Similar brain structures, say scientists, give animals the capability of having out-of-body experiences and other alterations of consciousness in similar ways as humans do.

Published in the journal Neurology, the study hypothesizes that because human brains are capable of being altered to change visual and sensory perception, there is no reason why animals with similar brain structures cannot experience the same things.

"[T]he link between REM and the physiological crises causing near-death experience are most strongly linked in animals, like cats and rats, which we can study in the laboratory," Nelson explained further.

The team also correlated similarities between animal and human brain structures that give rise to mystical experiences, noting that both systems permit "experiences that are nonmaterial, intangible, introspective".

Natural News

So next time you spend time meditating or doing OOBE, maybe you should invite the dog or cat to join you in your spiritual exercises. I always had a hunch that my cat was some kinda Zen master, she's way to mellow.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I have witnessed quite a few dogs in REM. There legs move like they're running and they make tiny yelps while they sleep. They are obviously dreaming.

This just goes to show how close our animal brothers our to us in terms of feelings and emotions. I don't like the part about studying them in the labratory though.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I have no doubt that animals dream while they sleep. Every pet I've ever had twitched its paws in their sleep, some even "talk" in their sleep. It's interesting that they were able to determine that animals are capable of having spiritual experiences just like people. Maybe cats are really meditating all those times when we think they're sleeping.

I too hope that they didn't have to harm any animals during this study. Its interesting information to know but, not worth it if they had to harm the animals to find out.

edit on 10/16/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a697f75899f.jpg[/atsimg]

Who is asking the question; the cat or Buddha?

Meditate on that one for awhile.

top topics

join