It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor on: his mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The ATS John Titor Project Archiving the history of comments and statementsmade by "time traveler", John Titor. Topical breakdown of topics from the material in the main archive. John Titor: The Mission And Purpose.08 November 2000 22:27 (1.Without going into detail what you are here specifically for can you please explain what the primary purpose of time travel is in the future?) In 2036, a great deal of effort is going into "repairing" our environment. I was sent to 1975 to get a computer system and take it back to 2036. Time travel is not a secret in 2036 and I expect it will become more common. 08 November 2000 22:27 (2.Why it is used and how often to your knowledge it is used.?) Right now, its used to get information or "items" that would be helpful in getting a post WWIII world back to a normal condition. There are 7 other time travelers in my unit. 08 November 2000 22:27 (3.Are there specific time periods time .travelers go to most?) Right now, most of our practical missions are from 1960 to 1980. There is a great deal of research into later and future periods but the farther you go, the lower the divergence confidence of the world line. 08 November 2000 22:27 (4.you stated there were several time machines available are they all active at this time to your knowledge?) Yes. 12 November 2000 16:41 I am here for personal reasons. For a few months now, I have bee trying to alert anyone that would listen to the possibility of a civil war in the United States in 2005. 15 November 2000 14:41 The first "leg" of my trip was from 2036 to 1975. After two VGL checks, the divergance was estimated at about 2.5% (from my 2036). I was "sent" to get an IBM computer system called the 5100. It was one the first portable computers made and it has the ability to read the older IBM programming langages in addition to APL and Basic. We need they system to "debug" various lagacy computer programs in 2036. UNIX has a problem in 2038. 25 November 2000 13:59 On my world line, it is known that the 5100 series is capable of reading all the IBM code written before the widespread use of APL and Basic. Unfortunately, there are none left that anyone can find on my world line. 30 December 2000 11:47 (�If I go forward on this world line, the future will not be my future. I get home by going back to 1975 before I arrived and then going forward to 2036.") A few people have asked me about this statement so I will try to clarify it. On my worldline (A) in 2036, I was given a mission in 1975. I turn my machine on and jump to another worldline (B) in 1975 with about a 2% divergence from (A). From the very point I turn my machine off on (B), I create a new worldline just because I�m there. This line can be described as (C) and started when I got to (B). I am now doing my mission on line (C) in 1975 when I discover a very a good reason to go forward on (C) and see what happened. I turn my machine on and go forward on (C) to the year 2000. When I turn it off, I start another line called (D). So from my perspective, here we are on line (D) in the year 2000. In order to go home to line (A) I must turn my machine on and go back on (D) until I reach (C) which in turn would take me back to (B) which in turn takes me to a point before I arrived on (B) then I go forward from the point I arrived on (B) back to (A). 30 December 2000 13:37 I will explain further. In 2036, it was discovered (or at least known after testing) that the 5100 computer was capable of reading and changing all of the legacy code written by IBM before the release of that system and still be able to create new code in APL and basic. That is the reason we need it in 2036. 05 January 2001 13:46 ((You said that there were 7 other time travellers that you knew of who were on various missions from 2036 on your timeline. I am curious have people in 2036 been visited by people from further in the future? One would think that once time travel was possible and widely known that visitors from other time frames would be more likely to be visible and willing to be upfront about their visitation to the period after time travel, A.T.T (after time travel)). No, I am not aware of time travelers visiting my worldline in 2036. However, that does not mean it can�t or isn�t happening. Also, the possible number of worldlines a time traveler might arrive at would place the chances of them hitting any particular one at very long odds. 05 January 2001 13:46 (Does anyone know how big an IBM 5100 is??) I would say its about 20� long, 10� high and 30� long. 05 January 2001 13:46 ((is the government regulating the time machine you used to get here, or are you free to do as you choose?)) The displacement machine is not mine but I am free to make certain decisions based on the experiences and information I gather from each worldline. I am expected back but from their perspective, I will only have been gone for a split second. 09 January 2001 09:28 I am not aware of the details of other missions. Of the seven, three had already left before I did. I suspect they are on similar missions. 09 January 2001 09:28 ((*Are any of them, besides yourself, on our current worldline that you are aware of?)) No, the chances of that are very slim. 09 January 2001 09:28 ((*Are you in contact by some special means with any other TT's? (if so, How is this done?)) No, although I would suspect that is not impossible I have no idea how you would do that. 11 January 2001 11:49 I don't believe I ever said I came back looking for a UNIX bug fix. I came back for a computer system. Don't you find UNIX usefull now? 15 January 2001 12:04 ((� do you have to take psychological tests before you are chosen? what attributes should a time traveler have in your opinion?)) Yes, there are numerous psychological tests. I was chosen based on my educational background and military service. The training lasted about two years. There is a great deal of physical training to counter the physical effects of distortion. They were also looking for drivers who had a fair amount of self-sufficiency and an ability to function under extreme isolation and confinement. 15 January 2001 12:04 ((What are some things they look for when they chose someone for a mission?)) Depending on the mission, time travelers are usually chosen for a particular mission based on their ability to gain the cooperation of someone related to the goal on the target worldline. In my case, my grandfather was directly involved with the building and programming of the 5100. 15 January 2001 12:04 ((If they pick a bad seed by mistake and send them time traveling and that person does harm is there anyway they can go after that person? I am curious about all of this.)) Interesting question. There is a difference of philosophy between us that should be clarified. Since I believe that all possible outcomes and events are possible, probable and certain, it is impossible to assign �goodness� or �badness� to a person or situation. On some other worldline, I am an insane time traveler causing destruction and death while TTA chases me with his band of devoted followers. However, on this one, I am not. Since both events are certain, their value is neutral. 01/26/01 09:21 pm ((So, it would seem to me that your "mission" to go back in time to help your society in the future seems rather illogical, because in fact you can not help them without the ability to make, what you termed a "ZD", a zero divergence trip.)) The reality of infinite possibilities is rather difficult to get a grip on and if it were not for the math, I would delegate it to the realm of religion. I like to think of it as standing in a room with mirrors on all the walls. I can look to my right and left and see many ?mes? all doing exactly the same thing. If we all took a step to our right and passed through a dimensional doorway to the next mirrored room, it would be very difficult to tell if anything had changed. In that sense, there are an infinite number of worldlines waiting for me to return with the computer. If I can get to one of them, I have completed my mission. 01/26/01 09:21 pm ((Similarly, a TT_0 ("not ours") will return from a worldline similar to our own to "our TT_0's" worldline and be such a perfect doppleganger that the "originating" worldline recieves the IBM, and his Mom never knows the difference.)) Bingo!! Seems like something they would do a lot of psychological testing for before they sent us off. The opinion of many senior staff and members of AboveTopSecret.com on the writings and postings of timetravel_0 a.k.a. "John Titor" is that he is a hoax, and in no way a time traveler of any type. We offer this material as part of an archive so that analysis and discussion may continue, in an effort for full disclosure and understanding

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The clue to how he knows about the tweak? A:his grandpa told him
The clue to how he knows whats coming? A:the plan
The clue about the water and madcow? A
opulation control
you need any more info?

Read the plan that has been set into motion- If you could, You would look like a time travel agent.

Everything is a plan - Remember GOD is in control, Follow GOD, if you follow man, you will die.

new topics

join