It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light "Distortions"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hello All !

How is everyone? Good I hope! I have to admit I had stopped regularly visiting ATS for a while, but since I have come back, I must say it has been an exceptionally pleasent experience. I would also like to use this oppertunity to say that the new (at least new for me) design of the site is a big success, well done to the ATS staff!

Ok then, down to business... I've made this thread to ask people about some light distortions I've had a few run-ins with. I would have asked on Yahoo!Answers, but its costs 20 points and... meh, I'm a hoarder.

It started maybe 6-12 months ago. You know when you see something out of your peripheral vision but when you turn to face it it disappears? Well this is what my experience was. The things in my peripheral were somewhat of a mystery to me. It was as if I was seeing colours along the edges of objects. It was hard to tell at first what exact colours they were but as it was happening more and more, I soon learned to not immediatly switch my gaze to the colours, but rather study them in my peripheral. I started noticeing patterns. The only two colours I would see were either an orange to dark red spectrum, or a torquise to royal blue spectrum of light.

As time moved on, I trained myself to bring these colour more and more into focus until one night, sitting in a Church service, I was starring at the floor when I suddenly noticed "The Colours" again ( show how interesting the sermon was
). I slowly moved my eyes to look directly at them. The sudden realisation that I was looking at them head on was astounding. I distinctly remember the thought going through my head "Why havn't they dissapeared? I'm looking right at them!" Since then I have been able to look head on at whatever colours appear without them, well... disappearing.

Then, another development! I was watching TV when I suddenly got my first look of a completely new colour! The green light spectrum! I was extremely excited, as you can imagine, as I had previously thought that the red and blue spectrums were the only ones in existence.

Note: I have asked select others if they can see later colours and no-one seemed to be able to.

I theorise that what I am seeing is some type of light distortion, maybe caused on an atomic scale (for want of a better phrase) by the micro-tiny gravitational pull of said object light is distorting around. I don't know if this is even scientifically possible but it's what my view has been up to now. I would love to knowl what the ATS community's view on the matter is, so please, everyone feel free to post a reply.

Just to clarify:
What are the "distortions"?
How are they caused?

Thanks in Advance,
Para

P.S. I do apologise for my extensive use of the word "colour" as opposed to "color", and other words spelt differently also. I realise many of the members are from places that spell certain words differently from the way I do, but I'm sure you can understand nevertheless.
edit on 16-10-2010 by ParaZep because: typos

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I would be careful of this effect. I can't remember the name of it, but there is a visual phenomenon where if you stare at a particular color long enough, you'll see it's opposite. For instance, if you stare at a green sweater for a long period of time, you'll see a pink "aura" around it. That might be similar to what you're experiencing.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think you need an eye exam. I had a friend who kept seeing color flashes, mostly red, like you do now. He ignored it. Then one day, it went dark. His retina had detached. Not a good thing. Vision is precious.
I've had auras myself. They precede some migraines. I had fireworks going off all around me a few years ago, went to the doctor and found I had meningitis. So, please, go see a doctor.

As to your spelling, I have never lived anywhere but in the state of Indiana in the US. I still spell the element Al, with an extra "i" in it, so it's "aluminium". Color, behavior, and honor all get an ocassional "u". I don't know if I'm a bad speller or if I should move to Canada. They do have a better National Anthem......

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It would be wise to check with a doctor, just to be on the safe side. I'm not saying this to discount your phenomenon, if anything, it will make it more interesting. Now, when all checks out okay, I believe what you are experiencing is a form of sight not many humans get to experience. If you look at the spectrum, there is only a tiny band of light visible to the human eye. If you are seeing other colours, then you are seeing through what the Hindu call the 'third eye'. I would read up on third sight and auras, just to widen the information. Good luck, and enjoy this gift. Just make sure your eyes are okay.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Hmm, I went for my annual eye checkup in August and there was nothing wrong, so I don't think its really to do with my eye being damaged. I never mentioned to her about the colours though, so I might go and see what she says soon if either they don't stop or I don't get an answer.
edit on 16-10-2010 by ParaZep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
i know exactly what the op is talking about.

i hope my retina isnt detached

top topics

join