It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey there....intro, kudo's and a question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hey everyone. Just a quick note to say hello and introduce myself.

First off - terrific site on many levels. Congrats and kudos to the site owners/operators and most importantly to all the members and posters here. In my opinion what really sets this place apart and makes it immensely valuable are two things:

1) - the huge variety of topics and discussion areas all under one roof

2) - the quality and depth of many of the posts.

The first is valuable to me not only because of the wealth of information available but also because I believe that many of these "discrete" topics are often related both directly and indirectly and it is far easier to see the bigger picture when you have access to as many pieces of the puzzle as possible.

The second re: quality and depth of many of the posts is actually an amazing find for me. So many of the posts here not only provide a piece of really good info or well reasoned opinion, they are structured along the lines of "I found this really interesting information and upon further research found this and this and this, etc. where "this" is a link to another news source, thread, video or pictures. Good info on these topics is rare enough, but good info that is also well researched along with intelligent & thoughtful analysis and opinion presented in an open-minded way is a real treasure.

On a final note, can someone point me in the right direction regarding info related to using the ATS site? I've tried searching for help files or FAQ's but more often than not I get a 404 or something similar when clicking on a HELP link. It appears the site has undergone a major overhaul or two and much of the info in the general topics forums is dated and no longer applicable, or the links don't work, etc.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to reading, contributing and getting to know everyone.

-Riff

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Hi Riffrafter, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Signature Guidelines

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hello great intro!

Welcome to ATS! I am sort of a jack of all trades master of none. Anyway look forward to seeing you around and if your posts are as good as your intro you'll be sound!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to your new addiction! You are so right about there being so many things to explore here. One thing just leads to another... Have fun and see you on the boards

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

Hi Riffrafter, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Sauron - Thanks for the welcome and the info / links.

As much as I enjoy the site, I know it will be more enjoyable and far easier to "navigate" once I have a better understanding of how things work here. I've already uncovered some things on my own that had I known earlier would have saved me an awful lot of time. Although often the journey is half the fun, in some cases it justs gives you blisters....

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS Riffrafter!!

I hope you enjoy yourself here and I hope to run into you on the boards.

Take care.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Right on !

Welcome Aboard ,

Top Notch Introduction Riffrafter,

May your stay here be as enlightening as it is entertaining!

~meathead

Edited to Add~

Because I thought You might enjoy this :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And if so, then you will love this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-10-2010 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Hello great intro!

Welcome to ATS! I am sort of a jack of all trades master of none. Anyway look forward to seeing you around and if your posts are as good as your intro you'll be sound!

Thanks BRL. (hope you don't mind the abbreviated non de plume).

BTW - I noticed the consistency between your "name" and signature line.

Some of the sharpest people I know (or have known) would be very comfortable using both. I have a sense you and I would get along just fine...

Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Riffrafter, catchy screen name. My internet was down when you came on board. I 've been here long enough to spot people who have somethging to offer this immense fountain of info. I like to say welcome with this video.
The message is a simple solid as i'm sure you'll understand. Enjoy!

Can't believe I had trouble remembering how to embed the vid.
Welcome to ATS.
edit on 21-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

join