It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An amazing sighting from 10th-11th August 2010 Bulgaria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OK, so this was the reason I decided to register in the ATS forum, in the first place. As I'm interested in many topics that are covered here, I've been a reader for some time now and because I preferred to just stay objective and not taking part of the discussions. And thankfully to the mass hysteria that occured just few days ago I had the opportunity to reach those 20 golden posts I needed to share my experience with you guys. (I registered a day before the sightings in NYC, these as well as all the other stuff that's currently happening are not connected to my experience and my motivation to tell the story here!)

First of all, I would like to say that I don't even intend on convincing anyone who doesn't want to believe the story or the validity of the photos. Because of the type, duration and intensity of this sighting I find it important to share this with the right people, and I consider there are quite a few here that qualify in my terms of being "the right".

BEWARE! The report is long and will take some time reading but it's worth it, it's an exact copy of the MUFON I upped 10 hours ago. From what you will read further I can assure you of one thing - there are only two possible explanations for our sighting - either human technology not known to the public or alien such (although it looked far from what I suppose we're capable of and also I couldn't think of any obvious reasons for humans to be doing something at such a distant place as of where we were). And just to clear this up - my personal belief is that 90% of the world is full of morons who are willing to believe anything that's thrown to them without even taking a second to dissect what they were given. I'm not one of those and have already spent two months pondering and trying to explain to myself what exactly we experienced...

Well, enjoy the read, I'm all open to ideas, theories, questions, etc. etc.

This sighting is my first, and I am not sure if there has ever been such an event reported anywhere before, both in intensity and in duration of observation. Thus, the detail of the sighting.

On 10th of August me and a friend of mine went camping in the central part of the Stara Planina mountain, a mountain that divides Bulgaria in the middle, starting from West and ending near the Black Sea to the East. The exact place where we had the sighting is in the central part of Stara
Planina, right where the Troyan-Kurnare passage road lies, which is one of the main passages connecting the Northern and Southern parts of Bulgaria. At the highest point of that passage there (1565 meters above sea level) is a big monument from the communism times before 1989 in Bulgaria, it is called Beklemeto. The closest town is Troyan, from the Northern side, it's about 15 kilometers from Beklemeto. Also, close to the monument, around 30 minutes on foot from our camp there is a small group of hotels.

I met my friend up in the mountain, he came from Southern Bulgaria, and I travelled from the capitol city Sofia to the place from the Northern side of the mountain. We met there at around 12 o'clock at noon, then we walked a few of kilometers from Beklemeto taking a dirt road towards East (we had no vehicle, we both travelled by hitch-hiking) and after awhile we reached a good place for camping (it's quite windy because we were on the highest point of the mountain in the region and strong winds are not something rare there). The exact coordinates of where we put our tent are: 42°46'20.73"N 24°39'7.46"E facing North-East, the view is towards the Northern part of Bulgaria (I got the exact coordinates thanks to Google Earth). Also there were no trees on our altitude, forests were lower than us, the closest being about a kilometer away.

The weather was changing really fast during the day, first it was sunny, then clouds appeared at our altitude and covered everything from sight. At a certain point I started having a terrible headache and went to sleep
for a few hours, I woke up at around 10:30 PM. I went out of the tent, me and my friend sat and talked for about an hour. The fog of clouds from earlier was now completely gone and as it was New Moon, we could observe a breath-taking view of the Milky Way and also the Perseida meteor showers which was originally the idea of our trip to the mountains.

At around 11:30 PM I looked to the North and suddenly noticed some sort of a light source far away (probably 5-7 kms away from us) but yet, on the same altitude as we were. I instantly yelled to my friend "Look!" and as
we observed the light flying really slowly without changing direction we started guessing what it could be. The light wasn't flashing at first, it also didn't make any sudden changes in direction the first five minutes or so. Not until it decided to suddenly change its direction to the exactly opposite. Some seconds after that, really close to the first object, another one appeared from nothing and both started an amazing series of flashing (which I guess was how they communicated) and flying in the sky.

And I'm talking about some serious mind blowing manouvers, that I personally can't assign to any known (or even kept as a secret) human aircraft or natural phenomenon.

That's when we realised something out of the ordinary was happening. The lights were making sudden changes of direction, sometimes they faded away for a couple of seconds, just to get brighter afterwards, it was more than obvious they were communicating to each other. And then we started looking at various regions of the night sky to look for more objects and it didn't take more than a minute - that's when we realised it - these objects were all over the place, they just didn't caught our attention at first. We have no idea how many we've observed throughout the night, however, at a certain moment we managed to count 25 different objects being present at the same time on the night sky. All of them were behaving as nothing known to or being produced by man. We didn't manage to see more details regarding these particular lights, as they were some kilometers away from us, and were simply everywhere we looked.After probably an hour of observation of these lights, we saw something that gave us a chill to the bone. We looked to the East and that's when we saw just above the closest hill, really close to the ground, a white light hovering over what appeared at first 10-15 meters above the surface of the hill. In the beginning we could only see that light, however, after thirty or so seconds of staring we could very well distinguish its shape - it was flat disc shaped, it had a bright constant light in its center (the one that caught our attention at first), around the edge of the disc there was a ring of red light, slowly pulsating (it was much dimmer than the central light), and because there was no moonlight, we couldn't see the body of the craft in detail, however, when looking carefully, we could depict the flat and round shape of the object by being much darker than the sky behind it. The most interesting thing about this particular object was the way it was moving - first of all, when realising the object was disc-shaped, we understood that the lowest part of it actually was no higher than 2-3 meters from the top of the hill it was hovering above. That's because the position of the disc was not horizontal, as in most cases, but it was vertical according to the ground. The most amazing part about it was that while moving horizontally over the hill, the object was slowly rotating having it's center being the center of the rotation, and it wasn't rotating in one specific direction only, but it was changing the direction constantly.

This was the time when we decided we should try and make contact. I took the flashlight and started flashing towards the large disc. It completely stopped moving for more than a minute, hanging over the hill. Then, it just
continued hovering, and not more than 2 minutes later, something flickering in the top of my eyesight caught my attention. It was a small white light looking almost like a star, but it continued getting brighter and brighter. The light was constant, not flashing, only slowly getting brighter and larger and then again to its original state. Also, from time to time every 10-15 seconds it vibrated very strangely - it rapidly moved from left to right for a tiny fraction of the second. The distance between the most left and most right points of its movement when it vibrated was around 4-5 centimeters in my eyesight, so, taking in consideration it was away from us for some distance (although we can't be exact as only a light was visible and no obvious body of a craft) it moved amazingly rapidly... And this is the only object we managed to get on photo - both me and my friend only had telephones with weak cameras and only because of its brightness did it came visible on the photo, unlike the other dimmer lights in the sky.

A little bit later, we saw a second easily distinguishable in shape and design object. First, it appeared as a small, pale dot, that was right above the disc shaped. My assumption is that it was at least a kilometer above the disc. It was really strange, as this pale red dot copied perfectly the movement of the disc on the horizontal, it seemed as if it was one whole object. It continued doing so for about 10 minutes, when it suddenly stopped (while the disc just continued whatever it was doing over the hill), hung in the night sky for some seconds, and then started moving. It flew directly West, meaning it actually passed right in front of us, not more than 200 meters away, at about 45 degrees according to our point of view just to disappear in the distance. As it passed, we could very well see that it was a flat triangular shape, with a bright white light at its center, and three red lights in the angles. Again, it wasn't as typical sightings describe these as horizontally positioned, this one was vertical and was flying in horizontal direction meaning it had no problem at all with the forces of air resistance. The greatest thing about this object is that we could really clearly see a very specific characteristic about its way of movement - on equal intervals (I measured them to be around 5 seconds) the triangle simply rotated on 90 degrees around its center, changing the positions only of its angles, as the center light being stationary, and this rotation occured just in the matter of tenth of a second, continuesly, as the object was flying away from us until it disappeared.

The last object that was showing specific characteristics and was visible enough to make out details, was at almost our altitude. It appeared at around 4:00-4:30. It looked like a disc again, but we couldn't make out a body of the craft, so we're not completely sure. What we could see were 5 lights (not separate, definately connected to each other making one whole object). They were one next to another, and made the object appear as horizontally positioned. What was kind of scary was that it was hovering right above the hotels I mentioned in the beginning, but we didn't see something more than that.

It all ended at around 5:30 AM in the morning, when out of nowhere, clouds appeared and again covered everything. We went in the tent and at that time with the fog outside, although we were very scared, we somehow fell asleep. We slept until 7 o'clock, and when we got up, there was no sign of the objects.

None of the objects produced any kind of sound. Completely silent! Neither me, nor my friend felt anything strange during the sighting, except for the adreanaline rush the first 2-3 hours, we wanting so much to communicate with them, shouting from time to time in excitement, yet baffled what on Earth were these things, considering and discussing the possibility they were man-made, what they were doing there etc. After we calmed down little by little, we started thinking rationally, and I personally got scared because I didn't know what their intentions were, and I trully felt the harsh reality of me and my friend being all alone there in the mountain, in front of our tent surrounded by tens of these lights. A smashing feeling, that is, of being so ridiculously small and defenseless.
On 11th of August in the morning when we woke up, everything has changed, I was so stressed from the experience that I didn't want to talk about it for at least a week. I only told the people closest to me with very little detail, at first. We didn't even feel an urge to go to the hill the disc shaped object was hovering above to see if there were any signs left. All I was thinking about is how I was going to get home and not go outside for awhile.

Also, another important detail is that the whole mountain was echoing of shepperd dogs barking.

Don't get me wrong, I've been wondering about UFOs and ET life for some time, much before this event happened. I was an enthusiast who up to that point had no personal experience on the topic, only observations and theories. And being as open-minded as I consider myself to be, I have no idea why this has stressed me so much, all I know that my view of everything has become completely different since then. It took me 2 months to fully overcome the stress from the event and to gather will to sit down and make this story reach other people. Also, since then, I haven't felt any need to convince anyone who has heard and not believed this story and I still don't. From what I saw I simply believe we're not that far from the moment this phenomenon will become publically acknowledged by everyone. Something I think is important as well - after a week passed after the event and I started doing research, I found out that every fifth citizen of Troyan claims to have seen such lights in the distance towards the peaks of the mountain.

NOTE regarding the photos - I'm uploading three photos, two are originals and the third is the one of the two photos but after some enhancing a friend of mine did on it. Bear in mind that this is a photo taken by a phone camera towards the night sky - it was new moon and the whole Milky Way was visible, and yet no stars appeared on the original photo, well, not until it was edited and brightened. The reason for me to say this is to take in consideration that fact, because it will help when trying to find out how much brighter the object was in the sky than the stars. As for the reddish areas that appear on the enhanced photo, some of these are most likely camera artifacts, and the small dots of light are showing exactly how the phone camera managed to photograph the stars in the night sky in comparison to the bright object.

links to photos

www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...
www.mufoncms.com...

Tomorrow I will upload screenshots of Google Earth from the very exact spot we were located at, with pinpoints where the objects were.

Cheers!

edit on 16-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Ch1n1t0.....

Thank you for your detailed report & your photos.

There is a lot to think about there.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Interesting story, but do you remember what pattern they were blinking with each other...It almost sounds like some kind of mores code communication type of thing.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm glad and was sure that this would be of use, Maybe!

I can say regarding the flashing lights in the distance (the closest ones weren't flashing as you can see from the report) that I did took note of how they flashed. What I can confirm, for sure, is that whenever they were flying alone and not synced with another one (i didn't see more than two forming up in sync btw) they appeared to be flashing at what looked to me as a random kind of flashing, there was no particular distance between flashes so I couldn't depict a kind of a numbering system or it might have been too complicated for me to understand. Whenever they synced, however, I saw a change in the way they were flashing at each other, although I couldn't depict a pattern there as well. Also, there were the times whenever they just hung in the air not moving for sometimes minutes, sometimes seconds, and at such times they flashed with long pauses between the flash and the moment of it being not visible at all.

Please, bear in mind that they were located in straight direction somewhere around 7-9, some of them probably 10+ kms away from where we were, being on the same altitude as we were (that was 1500 plus minus 20 meters above sea level) and they were basically flying high above the small villages and the town of Troyan that are spread further down the mountain as one continues North. It's important to remind you that the villages are and Troyan specifically are 380 meters above sea level, so you could consider the objects to be actually arround 1100 meters above those. Although Tryoan being not a big city (23 784 people living their as per the Bulgarian Wikipedia) with the night being dark and having no moon in the sky, the city lights were brighter than they usually are and the lights above it weren't as obvious and bright as the ones compared when looking directly to the night sky. That's why, I guess, we didn't manage to pick them out at first, cos probably they were already there for some time.

I haven't had the opportunity to ask anyone in the town about that night, people especially in the mountains are a bit used to it and they don't talk much about it, don't know why though. And there aren't any people I know living there so unfortunately can't check...

Other than the scans from Google Earth with added explanation, I will also make some sort of a diagram of the way the different objects moved which I will up tomorrow.

Night all!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The thing about these kind of sightings is that military black ops projects do not explain them.

If the military was doing black ops exersizes, why would they waste time and money flying around aircraft that are doing manuevers over and over again, and flashing lights in what appears to be pointless exersizes testing capabilities they have done thousands of times before (assuming all UFO's are black ops). And other capabilities that are pointless in the sense of military application, like cool light shows...

So what I'm trying to say is that these aircraft are not us...

Thanks for the post.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
the new thing;

Paratroopers... red beret's, 82nd Airborne Division
edit on 16-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: add

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Very interesting, very interesting indeed...

Could've been aliens, although I doubt it. This sounds like the work of humans. We've been studying magnetism much further in-depth than what is publically revealed, and I am personally convinced that magnetic effects are the key to many advanced craft/objects people report seeing. Not only that, I also believe that many maths which most people consider basic, such as geometry and algebra, have been used by ancient (and not so ancient) cultures to discover advanced methods of travel and manipulation of matter. Space travel? I bet. Underground travel? I bet. Undersea travel? I bet. We may have had help from aliens but this sounds like human black ops to me. Who knows what these craft were really doing? Seems weird to us, but who are we really? In the scope of real intelligence, we're just under-evolved apes using guesswork to find out what's going on (I mean most people).

What do you think happens to all the geniuses of our times? They don't just "disappear" and they definitely are born pretty more often than most people think. Those with wealth scout for these gems and they end up working on things beyond "our" imagination.

Overall, nice sighting.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

That, and the fact that the place is really distant and there's nothing special there at all (besides the wonderful view of most part of Northern Bulgaria). Also, I don't think that there was any point in sending so many crafts to a so distant country where there's nothing special and to perform any types of excersises. And what we saw was something happening in particular, not just a typical excersie.

Actually, even considering that there's something there that someone wants or I don't know what, I don't think that any human being could have survived and stay conscious with all the spinning and rotation some of the distinct objects did.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Thank you
I am still considering the possibility very much indeed, although I myself am still baffled at what their purpose was there as it was no logical place, and their movement still make me think that if they were operated by human beings being inside, I don't think one would be capable of staying conscious.

But you're completely correct when saying that we don't know how far we've gone behind the curtain, so I don't rule out the possibility at all!

Thanks for all the thoughts, guys!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Great sighting!
well told mate!

What an experience that would be, jeeez.

how did your friend take it once you got back? was he stressed to?

I really don't think it was probably humans either..
but i also don't rule out the possibility..
in fact... i bet we do have some things that would blow even the most open minds,
that has not been disclosed to the public..
but I just feel that your sighting was probably not us. lol

Thanks a lot for sharing,
Nice to be amongst you mate.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Great sighting!
well told mate!

What an experience that would be, jeeez.

how did your friend take it once you got back? was he stressed to?

I really don't think it was probably humans either..
but i also don't rule out the possibility..
in fact... i bet we do have some things that would blow even the most open minds,
that has not been disclosed to the public..
but I just feel that your sighting was probably not us. lol

Thanks a lot for sharing,
Nice to be amongst you mate.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
What if the schematics behind the device was a shape made of material that had been magnetized and repelled itself from a sphere encompassing another sphere whose magnetism attracts the outermost material? The outer shape must move in conjunction with the repelled magnetic sphere on the outside, but inside the sphere is a solid magnetic sphere which attracts the outside shape and stays constant, giving whoever chooses to operate it a nice, steady center of gravity. The motion of the magnetized objects provides the energy source to power it.

Reality is limited by the ever-expanding and ever-changing field of imagination. I'm no expert in the field of magnetism but what if...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

This was exactly the only possible way I thought of this to be possible! Thank you!

Yet, I still can't understand their reasons.. My intuition tells me ET, but since I can't yet tell if it's trully intuition and not me wanting them to be ET, therefore I'm still wondering on the topic.

I'm yet very angry at myself that we didn't dare to get close to the disc-shaped object as the hill it was hovering above was around 20 minutes and less walking from where we were (the path to the hill goes along the ridge of the mountain and straight direction was not an option, especially with no moon in the sky). I also wasn't thinking rationally when trying to communicate - I sent out random flashes with no particular idea and message, the very next morning I thought about the Fibunacci sequence and that I should've tried using something of that sort as a message. Now, we all know that mathematics are the universal language and is based in everything. So it would've been a nice idea but too late now

Anyway
Got a bit overexcited. Gonna rest a bit now
Night!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
What if the schematics behind the device was a shape made of material that had been magnetized and repelled itself from a sphere encompassing another sphere whose magnetism attracts the outermost material? The outer shape must move in conjunction with the repelled magnetic sphere on the outside, but inside the sphere is a solid magnetic sphere which attracts the outside shape and stays constant, giving whoever chooses to operate it a nice, steady center of gravity. The motion of the magnetized objects provides the energy source to power it.

Reality is limited by the ever-expanding and ever-changing field of imagination. I'm no expert in the field of magnetism but what if...

I see what you're saying here, but I think more realistically one would have to bend space to avoid the disasterous effects of high G-forces.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

A great sighting with fantastic detail, not wanting to immediately report the experience is all too common.
Shinning the light at it seems to have got it's attention.
How many photos did you take in total?
Did you take a shot of the triangle as it passed in front of you?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Morning all.

We tried taking photos of most of the lights, including the disc-shaped, unfortunately the lights were dim and the low quality cam didn't catch even a small detail of them.

The triangular was first a small red dot and the time it passed close by was not more than 5-10 seconds, we saw it around 2-3 o'clock I guess, and by that time I already have gotten tired of trying to take photos, since they just didn't work out, and was more about figuring them out or even making contact. Actually, what I think was stupid of us was not taking a photo of the last object that we observed as it was pretty close by and was the only close one that was with yet not so, still brighter lights. But that happened around 4:30 and we were already very tired and the uneasy feelings have started to kick in, I wasn't thinking about photos at that time. These are the only photos we have from the evening, my friend's phone was full and we got tired at a moment of deleting photos, than trying to take new ones, then everything again. I am sad that we didn't have even a dull camera with us, we simply would have had more photos, and I guess that any camera would have done the job of capturing at least one of the closer objects.

Well, I'm not the photography type and I rarely carry any of those with me. Well, until that happened, to be honest..

I'm gonna make the diagrams now, will up them a bit later!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
it is ambiguous.do you continue contact it again?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0

Thank you
I am still considering the possibility very much indeed, although I myself am still baffled at what their purpose was there as it was no logical place, and their movement still make me think that if they were operated by human beings being inside, I don't think one would be capable of staying conscious.

But you're completely correct when saying that we don't know how far we've gone behind the curtain, so I don't rule out the possibility at all!

Thanks for all the thoughts, guys!

you said in the op

That's because the position of the disc was not horizontal, as in most cases, but it was vertical according to the ground. The most amazing part about it was that while moving horizontally over the hill, the object was slowly rotating having it's center being the center of the rotation, and it wasn't rotating in one specific direction only, but it was changing the direction constantly.

It sounds like the center were the pilot should be, is in a multi directional and functioning gyroscope, so that way no matter were the craft goes up down left right or whatever, the middle would always be in center, and it would alleviate the g forces on the center when doing those fast and quick maneuvers, that people say they do. There is something to gravity and motion, it's not just attraction of big things to small things, or electromagnetic forces. Just look at what this simple gyroscope can do, defy gravity in certain ways.

And as to the blinking, who knows... but if it was some sort of mores code communication, i am guessing only they would know what the patterns mean if there were patterns, or they could of just been messing around. And another thing if the villagers say they have seen these things before in that area, they should get there cameras or telescopes out....But then again I don't thing they show up there, if people would be trying to film them all the time, or at least not visibly to the naked eye. If they were aliens, because I don't thing the military can go completely invisible to the naked eye with there tech. If aliens exist that is, because the military and there projects sure as hell exist.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

So the photos kept coming out black!, erase, shoot more, black!, erase...
I did a bump map on the above three photos along with some other effects, and got nothing really.
There are some interesting braille writings close to the colored dots on the bottom left, they are anomalous. I will look into it :^)

I see why the locals are quiet about these objects. A total feeling of powerlessness.
Please let me know of any future updates

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

Exactly! Thanks for doing such indepth research! I only vaguely know how bump mapping works and also don't have an idea how these braille leters showed up and is there any possibility of them to be relevant? Are you sure that bump mapping will work on such a light source and in what way does it show valuable info? I'm no pro and am asking these questions fully out of curiosity, really expecting your opinion with excitement!

As for the diagrams, I managed to draw and write a bit on top of two screenshots I took using Google Earth (sorry for the lousy quality of drawing, used MS Paint there and was limited).

These were taken from positioning the camera at the coordinates that I provided. If you take a look in there, you will see the same things. I didn't include shots of other directions as there were lights appearing in most places either way, I included only the directions at which I had GOOD observation. And by no-good observations I mean white lights hovering, manouvering and blinking without giving away how they looked and most acted the same. Basically, the first type we saw that night, although it could've been any of the other four because all that was visible was a white light and nothing more to it. These lights were always up to 20 present at the same time, while the others which I've given detailed explanation about gradually appeared through the night.

Here are the photos:

Note that I've added a little detail that I could recall while drawing on these screens, something I didn't include in the report cos simply forgot to mention. And this doesn't mean that all came from North-East. I'm positive however, that the triangular one went directly West and disappeared in the distance.

Cheers!
edit on 17-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: there was a small discrepancy in texts in one of the photos that I corrected and reupped!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join