It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanting to understand human psychology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I need to learn about human psychology. My project is to get into the heads of others and see how to lead the flock. I need to understand the human mind.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Okay..

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you are looking for some resources to help you understand the human mind.

Firstly, you should know that you will have to put in quite a bit of effort - because volumes have been written about your two-sentence declaration.

I recommend you watch a documentary on google video called the Century of the Self. It is about Freud and his nephew Bernays.

Also, Jung, Reich, Lacan, etc.

Just start reading somewhere, and you will see that there is a plethora of avenues to explore in this huge topic.

eta: particularly, I am reading The Mass Psychology of Fascism by Wilhelm Reich. It looks like you are interested more in mass psychology(referring to 'the flock') than individual character analysis/psycho-analysis.
edit on 16-10-2010 by beebs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I guess for what you want behaviorism would be the best place to start. While Pavlov is considered to be the one that started the discipline, you'd be better off starting with John Watson. The other big name is B.F. Skinner. I'd also suggest looking into the Stanford Prison study done by Philip Zimbardo.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Thanks for the sources guys! i owe you. Sorry for all the short sentences. I'm trying to understand the Saw series more and watch a movie at the same time.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I need to learn about human psychology. My project is to get into the heads of others and see how to lead the flock. I need to understand the human mind.

Gee, how old are you??? Your questions can range from how a spiritual leader influencing his flocks to why you dream at night and how dreams can dictate your daily interactions with the world.....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Why does my age matter to you? If you can't go to my profile and add up my age.
Then I don't have anything to say.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Why does my age matter to you? If you can't go to my profile and add up my age.
Then I don't have anything to say.

Your question is a bit too vague. You don't even know what you are asking......
Are you asking how to gain the power to read the minds of people in order to manipulate them to serve your own purpose????
edit on 16-10-2010 by ChiForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

You're not going to be able to get into the minds of other people to control them. I have an idea of how you would be able to but it seriously is evil. What the heck, it might make some readers laugh.

Okay, you need to get a couple gallons of '___'. And you're going to have to start small, you'll know what I mean in the next sentences.

Go to a village that obtains their drinking water from a well. Pour that acid straight inside the well. Within a couple days the entire village is going to be very susceptible to the power of suggestion. At the same time, you better be a linguistic genius in order to use the power of suggestion in the right manor with all of these people. One sentence could mean one thing to a certain individual and it could mean a thousand different things to the rest of your little village society, so you need to pick the words very carefully.

You need to gain their trust. This won't be so hard because they will all be so confused, to hear anything that makes some subtle sense will be enough to make them listen. Start with making them do small things, then progress further to more substantial acts, and I'd say by the end of the week, you'll have an army of tripping zombies that'll do whatever you like. There may be a rogue here and there, but I'm sure you can convince the village that the rogue is indeed possessed by a demon, in which case they will take care of your little problem.

And.. vwala you have successfully completed mind control. And that's the end of that fable, though in theory it might actually work.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Not like that. To understand how the human mind works and why do humans act like they do. I'm trying to type and I have my friends dog jumping around me. So sorry for the short replies.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Not like that. To understand how the human mind works and why do humans act like they do. I'm trying to type and I have my friends dog jumping around me. So sorry for the short replies.

You should narrow down to a specific secular realms such as the family, society, and social norms and cultures. Until you have taken the first step to enlightenment, you are nothing but a part of a larger group. The desire to fit in, to belong, and to see yourself as a social being, and to conform. Look up "conformity."

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Bizzarly enough I'm halfway through a book called '48 Laws of Power' (by Robert Green) which seems to be exactly what you are after. Although I haven't read Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War', I know enough of it to see that this 48 laws is a modern day interpretation of the old classic used by business leaders throughout the world.

The laws include - Never Outshine the Master, Always Say Less Than Necessary, Make Other People Come to You, Use Selective Honesty to Disarm Your Victim, Play a Sucker to Catch a Sucker etc....

It's full of examples and quotes from various politicians, generals and philosophers such as Bonaparte, Machiavelli, Han Fei Tzu and even our beloved Mr Kissinger.

I can't make my mind up weather it's revoltingly manipulative or the only way to succeed. There are some examples in there that I've found myself doing at some points in the past, and they are generally effective. But it all seems pretty dishonest. I guess there are some people whom it is excusable to treat like this due to their massively inflated egos, but then according to this book you have to be carefull because often it is these people who know how to play the game the best.

For a IRL example of how you can turn into an absolute SNIP taking this too seriously, watch 'The Apprentice'. God awfull set of people.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You're off to a poor start.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the sources guys! i owe you. Sorry for all the short sentences. I'm trying to understand the Saw series more and watch a movie at the same time.

You want to understand the mentality of the movie 'saw'?

Read Hesiods theogony. The blood from uranous' severed penis which fell into the ocean came aphrodite.

This personifies the sensualizing of death, and sadism..

Quite a very ancient spiritual attitude.

cant beat death? cant overcome suffering? Follow Satans advice "make evil your good, and suffering your pleasure - than you will become a master, a god"

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
dp

edit on 16-10-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

No! Sorry I was in a rush earlier. I was studying the saw series and wanting to know also about human psychology.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

" Know Thy Self "

...... some humility might not go a miss either.

new topics

top topics

join