It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights Over El Paso, TX October 15, 2010 (SOLVED/Identified - SkyDivers)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
two storys squashed in an hour
mmmmmm
cover up?

xploder

The comments from both of these El Paso Times articles are dated some time 2009. I thought this sighting just happened yesterday though? What gives? Anybody explain why the website reporting has the wrong dates on its comments? Smells fishy, or smells like bad programmers.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

You really need to open your mind a little. What mundane reason do you propose for them taking this off the site. Obviously someone either asked them too or told them to. One or the other. Then that leaves the question. Why?

edit on 16-10-2010 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Agree with you 100%. I have debunked vids which were most likely just Chinese lanterns but there is no way this object/these objects can be placed in that category. This sighting has such a range of variables that I frankly have no idea what it could be.

I'd be interested if any member with US pilot experience/training could cast some light on the regulations re performing group aerobatics at night. I would doubt that the authorities would take kindly to such things. In any case, why any decent pilots would want the additional risk of performing close-formation dives and high-g pullouts at night for an upcoming daytime air show is beyond me. Besides which, while stunt planes like (eg) the Extra 300 and similar and even the good old Pitts Special can do some stunning aerobatics, they are not built to hover. The only way to "hover" one is to point it vertical and "hang" it on the prop, meaning the airscrew keeps the thing in the air with little change in altitude. You need a very good plane to do this (and they're pretty loud as well). I have never seen planes do a group hanging-on-the-prop "hover" at night. Actualy I've nev er seen such a thing in daylight, but sure, they could do it. But even then it would only be for periods of a few seconds, in good daylight and calm conditions. But group stunt work like this at night? No. I don't buy it.

If anyone wants to rebuke me by saying, "Okay, where's your credentials for offering this opinion?" I can only say that I don't have "credentials", I'm just using what the good Lord gave me in terms of brains and common sense. But I've seen plenty of flying and known stunt pilots and ex-military pilots (including family members) and I've never, ever seen or even heard of anything like this in terms of stunt flying at night. If any member has, please inform us.

No, this event is something special. Just my humble opinion based on what I've witnessed in the past with aircraft, but to my mind there's no way those were just stunt planes.

Oh -- S&F for the OP and ,many thanks. BTW, I've also saved the main vid.

Mike

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

i like my avatar
undont make fun of my avatar untill yours is better than mine lol

xploder
edit on 16-10-2010 by XPLodER because: remove missleading post

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krummar
They are the same UFO's seen in New York doing the same pattern. No debunking will work from any member on this site. They are UFO's so deal with it.

Nah, this is very different from the NYC oct 13th "UFO"s (which are no longer Unidentified, they have been identified as BALLOONS). Those NYC objects didn't move like these, they didn't arrange into geometric formations like these did, and they never left a trail like these did. The NYC sightings were clearly balloons, perhaps there were other sightings in NYC which were not balloons, but the widely publicized sightings were without a doubt balloons. There was even a comment from somebody saying "The UFOs have small tails! They have little tail!" which is them seeing the string on the end of the balloon xD

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

the two storys are unrelated to the ops footage
my mistake
the elpaso times storys were about another sighting of weather ballons a month ago
i have made a mistake with those links and will remove them to remove confusion

xploder

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

You dont need any credentials in my oppinion. What you say makes perfect sense. Ive seen plenty of aerobatic displays to know that planes just cant pull off manuvers like that. It does'nt take a trained pilot to figure that out.

That wont stop people trying to prove you wrong though.

Prepare for a few air display vids coming your way

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Ahh ok cool. I was gonna say, if that was the correct article, then boy do we have a fun coverup type situation, even changing the date it happened lol

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I would doubt that the authorities would take kindly to such things. In any case, why any decent pilots would want the additional risk of performing close-formation dives and high-g pullouts at night for an upcoming daytime air show is beyond me.

I agree , and also take into account there is an International air port close by it makes the air show practice explanation even more unlikely and more like a convenient cover story .
www.amigoairsho.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tetsuo

I cant understand why people are so quick to try and make a connection. This incident alone is good enough. So far nobody has the first idea what it could be.

I think thats a first for this site. At least since ive been on.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
New Video of the El Paso Texas UFO Sighting.

If that doesn't work here is the link.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
reply to post by tetsuo

I cant understand why people are so quick to try and make a connection. This incident alone is good enough. So far nobody has the first idea what it could be.

I think thats a first for this site. At least since ive been on.

I agree! This incident stands alone. No need to try and connect it to the NY incident, as it only muddies the waters.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MZYYY

Good find

Hopefully more will surface , I didn't hear any jet engines either .

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

i will remove my references to the ny incident
xploder

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Looks like sky divers to me.

edit on 10/16/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Makes you wonder though why the news stations are covering this up, or passing it off, or in CNN's case not even paying attention to it, if there is going to be "disclosure" by the government. You would think that tptb would want this all over the place, talked about non stop, and in a way it is in our communities, but most people I know have no clue about the New York incident, and probably won't hear about this one either.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

No need to. I'm merely stating that this incident stands alone. We don't need the NY incident to "connect any dots". I do not want to censor any contributions or opinions.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maluminse
reply to post by Aggie Man

This is one day after the siting in New York. At a S x SW wind speed of 30 knots the balloons from New York could clearly make their way to El Paso.

Rich has posted a photo of two different balloon launches in New York. Since these lights behaved similar to the NY phenomena then clearly the source is the same - balloons.

balloons don't fall like that and seperate into three and suddenly stop in midair......what are you smoking???

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Looks and behaves nothing like the objects in the video, imho. They stop and hover as a solid light, the flares look like, flares.

to add,

watching it a few more times it could be sky divers with flares, christ I don't know, I'm just going to sit and wait to see what everyone else posts.
edit on 16-10-2010 by seanizle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree. They look like flares at the start, which had me rolling my eyes, but then I saw them stop and start moving in different directions. However, the fact that they just "disappeared" does suggest that they are flares burning out, although them burning out at the exact same moment is odd.

Regardless of whether they are UFOs, flares, military activity, or something else, the fact remains: dots are dots.

The UFO community, in this day and age, needs more than dots.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join