It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights Over El Paso, TX October 15, 2010 (SOLVED/Identified - SkyDivers)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nice Vid s&f for the footage. Now if this happend on the 13th... well... lets not even go there..

Looks like something breaking up in the atmosphere on entry (fuel/liquid). Perhaps dropped from a plane?
Still not sure whats making them hang in the air like that... something don't sit right with me on this... almost like there are two parts to the "ufo".
Is there a contraption or firework that can do this?
I have seen ones that rocket up then produce a kind of fire parachute that hangs in the air and burns out.
Could it be someone shot these downwards from a plane?? Unlikely but seems logical to a speculative point...

Always the optimist.
edit on 16-10-2010 by nakiannunaki because: Typo

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have just come across this eye witness statement which I post here for your scrutiny , It seems to back up the other witnesses stories .
lightsinthetexassky.blogspot.com...

Report: I was standing in the kitchen, clearing off some dishes, when my dad comes in from the side door of our house, urging us to come outside, thinking it was just an animal in the street, until my dad tells me to look to the sky, I look, and he starts explaining he saw something similar to a comet, before I have time to take it all in, I see for myself; three glowing lights hovering/flying in unison. Toward the Western sky is where I saw it, it appeared to be flying West At first I thought it was a squad of fighter jets, because we live close to Fort Bliss, and that's commonplace around here, but soon my doubts were silenced when I saw the three lights starting to hover around a central point. I ran inside, to get my mom to come outside and see for herself, when I came back outside it had moved further into the horizon, and a fourth light had appeared above the triangle of lights in the center, forming a pyramid-like structure, and I had to climb onto my dad's unused car. I urged my parents to do the same so we could see it as well. We just stood there starting at it, it continued to move slowly to the west, constantly rotating as it moved.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
screeny gif

hope it helps

xploder

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
weather balloon . Get over it people. Just drink your tap water. Dont worry government is in control....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Here's a sketch he did of what he saw, they were gone when he thought to get his camera. He filed a report with MUFON.
www.mufoncms.com...
I wonder if his scale is correct. If so, those are pretty large.

On a side note, where are the skeptics? Digging up footage of flares and what not?
edit on 16-10-2010 by sickofitall2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Great vid!

How is that an Asteroid?
How is it 3 aircraft at an Airshow?

I don't see how you are gonna get 3 planes performing a trick like that.... starting out as one and then turning into 3?.... Also what about the tail-light? Unless there's some man-made craft that has burners at the back of it such as military craft or space shuttle and thats not a space shuttle coming down like that...

How do you explain the hovering of lights if its an Asteroid?

Not fireworks either.... not producing that much of backburner anyway, plus it woulda had to have been a huge firework!

Flagged coz i dont know what it is

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
okay so i think for everytime a news castor decides on the Xfiles them one more time then a going to send them a thousand Ron Burgandy poster boards
No i dont think its flares, those usualy donst start from air directly down..meteor? possibly but ive never seen those either go straight down like it looked like this one did. The fact that the news crew took the time and compared the other video was the only surprise in this case for me. Very good thread and thinking we will be seeing more of these in a week or so

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Im ever the skeptic untill all logical explanations have been explored. The more i watch this, the more amazing it seems to me. I dont think trying to link it to the 13th incident will do it any favours though.

With witness statements and good video footage, this case is gaining momentum and could very well be one of those lil gems that i frequent this site for.

Im just waiting for the debunkers to have a crack at it incase they see something i dont. I think they're gonna have a hard time with this though.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
it just dawned on me that there is no civilian vechicle capable of doing that
manuver
this can be the best sighting yet because there is no known military vechicle
that can do that either

xploder
edit on 16-10-2010 by XPLodER because: spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
it just dawned on me that there is no civilian vechicle capable of doing that
manuver
this can be the best sighting yet because there is no know military vechicle
yhat can do that either

xploder

That is exactly why I posted this video. It is unique in my opinion. It has characteristics of a meteor (streaking across the sky), it has characteristics of flares (hovering/floating), it has characteristics of airplanes/helicopters (maneuvering). However, none of those I listed exhibit ALL of the characteristics we see in this video, which makes it highly intriguing to me.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I dont think any kind of vehicle comes in to the equation here. At least non from this world lol. If anything it looks more like a rocket or warhead at first. Thats why i thought of a multi flare shell, from an artillery gun. This just does'nt make sense though.

A. Why would they be firing it over a populated area.
B. Flares dont tend to start moving around independantly and forming shapes.

Thats whats so perplexing. There really isnt a logical explanation.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hypothetically could 3 parachute jumpers wear flame resistant clothing, jump out of an aeroplane on fire, split apart hurtling to earth like a darting arrow then yank their parachute cords and hang in the air whilst creating formations?
Or perhaps I have a really over active imagination...

Always the optimist.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Very strange!
And very beautiful.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

I doubt it but the thought of someone trying makes me laugh.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

Yes, but, the official story is that it was an airshow praticing their manuevers, at night, in the dark, doing very danerous impossible manuvers, but who were they, the officails couldn't say. Yep that really sounds plausible.

Still no debunkers? Must not be able to find any good lantern videos.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I want to see someone try and debunk this one, you cant blame balloons this time around. Oh baby get ready for the first encounter.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Exactly, why would they feel the need to start making excuses in the first place. Maybe something was spotted on radar aswell.

If ET is trying to send us a message. This is more like it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

edit on 16-10-2010 by XPLodER because: remove unrelated story to avoid confusion

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join