It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Let Someone Potentially Die for A Buck?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ran across an interesting story, a lady was in the midst of an asthma attck, and the pharmacist refused to sell her the pump because she was roughly a buck short. As an astmatic who recently sufferd her first set back in twenty years, I found the behavior of the pharmacist disgusting.

The young lady and her boyfriend tried to beg the pharmacist, saying the ambulance might not get there in time, and they offered their watch and cell phone, to which the pharmacist still refused.

Yet upon closer reading, we find out the couple were out walking, from McDonald's, at 7 am.

The lady had been suffering asthma attacks daily for the past week, yet walked to the big M with out the life saving inhaler.

Upon the asthma attack hitting, the couple knew the cvs was closer to their apartment, where they KNEW the pump was.

Instead they chose to waste time arguing with a pharmacist who the story merely claims refused to give them the inhaler due to lack of funds (nothing was said about lack of prescription).

As she lay wheezing on the ground, the man even had time to argue that they just lived around the corner, they come into CVS all the time!!

LUCKILY for the couple, the boyfriend knew a paramedic who got their faster than the ambulance that I do not know if was ever called or not, with an asthma pump, two in fact!

Here is the link:

www.myfoxny.com...

Something is weird or off about this story to me.

Who watches their love wheeze on the floor of a pharmacy right next to your home where an inhaler is?

I have to have a prescription for my inhaler, maybe this man really did not want to lose his job. Dispensing meds without a script?

Then again, I myself may have just reached in my pocket and paid the buck for her, since I am a fellow sufferer.

Still I am quite skeptical of this tale.

What kind of boyfriend calls his buddy the paramedic, instead of an ambulance? Why wasnt the ambulanc called immediately? Why call an ambulance at all if the boyfriend could have ran home and got the inhaler, the article claims they lived up around the corner.

They sound like attention seekers.

Has anyone heard of this case?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, if you read this story, be sure to watch the video.

There was never a call to an ambulance, as the lady's health insurance sucks, and it would have costed 1500 bucks.

The interview took place in the parking lot of the McDonald's!

It ended on a cliffhanger....will the couple sue?

Tune in at 11 to find out!

(last sentence parodical).

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to think. With all of the fake lawsuits and publicity hounds out there, it's hard to know if this is the real deal or not. Why in the world would they be out walking when she's having attacks daily? You make a good point with that one. Also, why wouldn't they have brought the inhaler along. You would think that if she was having issues, they would have brought it. Then again, people do forget things sometimes. I read the comments on the site you added and someone said that the inhaler is actually more expensive than $21. The boy friend also said that they lived right around the corner. Why didn't they go home, instead? Was the decision to go to the pharmacy panic-think? All I can say is that if it isn't a way to get attention or win money in a bogus lawsuit, the pharmacist's actions are deplorable. If it had been me, I would have just paid the money from my own wallet. Or if I'd been a shopper and seen what was happening, I would have helped out-even if that meant that I would have to put something back.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
She does not have grounds to sue.

The cheap inhaler that insurance companies pay for has like a $20 co-pay. They didn't use to charge sales tax on co-pays, unless of course that state is different.

While I would have given them the money had I been there, no one is obligated legally to give it to them.

Right now medicaid pays for most of mine, and I have a $2 co-pay. I am not currently charged sales tax on the co-pay, although they might be billing medicaid for it. I don't really know either way. I know it would cost over $90 without medicaid, and I could not afford it. I get asthma attacks all the time.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have not had much of an attack in a couple weeks now, and still and even before, have always since childhood had an inhaler, no matter what, when I leave the house and a back up at home. Even if its just the primatime mist non prescription one. Walking to McD's without the inhaler, then blabbibg on video she has been having attacks all week?

Take some responsibility girlfriend!

top topics

join