It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reconcilers' Electronic Music thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ever since i heard " The Model " by Kraftwerk as a 10 year old boy , I've been hooked.
Up until then , I'd been hearing my mums' Elvis records which to me , were traditional and a bit " meh ".
I loved the new sounds of synthesizers , and even at that young age , i knew they would be gamechanging.
It wasn't until i heard " people are people " and then " master and servant " by Depeche Mode , that i really sunk my teeth into the idea that I could make electronic music myself.
The seed was planted , but it took a long time to germinate , and it was only around 1999 that the technology was available for a musician to have a computer-based-studio , or a " DAW " ( digital audio workstation ) as they are now known.

Without such Luminaries as Robert Moog , The Art of Noise , Jan Hammer , Juan Atkins , Derrick May , Vangelis , Aphex Twin , Jean Michel Jarre , Tangerine Dream , where would music in general be ??

So , a guitar will always just be a guitar , and , as good as it sounds , its a 1 trick pony.
A synthesizer however , is a chameleon and can be whatever you want it to be , and now that the technology is inventing things like the Yamaha Tenori-on , the Monome , the Novation Launchpad , and even iphone apps where you can program a synth or have a basic rudimentary multitrack studio , its clear that electronic music is very much STILL leading the way.

To start the ball rolling , I'd like to introduce you to my music

the2ndmouse.wordpress.com...

I havent arrived , but i've definitely left.

so , your thoughts about electronic music .............

ps. If you make electronic music , please link it

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

Hi Reconciler, you have some very interesting tracks that I will explore further. You are very prolific.

Nice work!

This is a song I released circa 1980 MCA 618

I wrote and performed guitar and vocals and provided melody for synth played by the very talented Richard Bailey.

I got involved in electronic music back then but mainly as a vehicle for my songs as opposed to a purist synthesizer project. I still love electronic music but have moved more towards acoustic these days. I figured that when the SHTF that will be all that is left.

Quality of reproduction a bit dodgy but this was all analogue

edit on 16-10-2010 by kennyb72 because: couldn't get vid to work

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
hi there!
i'm checking out your music, i've always been in love with electronic music, it's my life force

check out mine here soundcloud.com...
and here www.last.fm...

I just make music magically, I have no knowledge of notes and stuff.

will post back once i've checked out your stuff

also you might like a label i'm involved with www.cactusisland.net...
edit on 16-10-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
S+F
Hi, and thanks for the thread.

Nice tunes too, though it will take a while for me to get through them all.

(Edit to add.....Actually, F******G superb tunes)

I think we have a similar approach to our electronica.
I like to make odd noises, and try to put them in a more accessible context, and although I've done quite a lot of pure electronica, most of my uploaded stuff is more songy.

My influences are pretty much the same as yours, but I do use a lot of guitars too, as that is my first instrument.
I always wanted to be a synth player, but in the '70s when I started playing, synths were way too expensive, so I just got into making weird noises on my guitar, and anything else.

I first saw a synth on a programme in England called 'Top of the Pops', where Brian Eno was playing a VCS3 on a Roxy Music track called 'Pyjamarama'.
My eyes nearly popped out of my head, and I spent months trying to find out what it was, as hardly anyone had even heard of one then, and those who had were totally against them as 'the Devil's instrument'.
I remember Queen always used to say on the back of their album sleeves that 'No synthesisers were used in the production of this music.'

I still find it difficult to find people who are into the same stuff as myself, especially ones who want to play it, so I do all my own programming, playing etc.

Anyway, check out mi choons here........

www.soundclick.com...
edit on 16-10-2010 by Illegal Alien because: to add comment

edit on 16-10-2010 by Illegal Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Great to get a good response so quickly. Wasn't sure how much interest there'd be here. Its great to come on a site like this and find other musicians , but specifically those who willing to take the leap into the unknown and explore beyond the known limits of our sonic understanding.

I'll get a listen to your links soon.....currently downloading a big file and my bandwidth is fragile and tied up , but will listen later on.
Thanks again

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
These are some of my favorite more electronic tracks.

Isolee - Beau mot plage

Aztec Mystic - nights of the Jaguar

something more recent

edit on 16-10-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

Just checked out your tracks , very nice, some really interesting tunes and nice production. I like your little logo too, looks cool.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

dp
edit on 16-10-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

You guys should get your tracks over to Nef, so he can play them on ATS Live, get a bit more exposure.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thanks.

Will do.
Off to check it out now.

new topics

top topics

join