It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor: Hoax

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Now I've listed, in the previous page, the points that we could verify before the end of the year.

Please read them and make you comments on the ones you chose.

[edit on 2004/9/7 by francok]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
All good points, I find it hard to get excited about Titor anymore though, random generic predictions aren't all that interesting. I'm patiently waiting for our monthly Waco events.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
All good points, I find it hard to get excited about Titor anymore though, random generic predictions aren't all that interesting. I'm patiently waiting for our monthly Waco events.

Thanks, probably we're going to have a beer by the end of the year, because nothing like that will happen.

Otherwise, let's buy a bike.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Is there any evidence that this socalled time traveler actually posted anything starting in 11/2/2000 and the Spring of 2001? This would be a news article or posting on an active message board with a posting date from that time period or even anything prior to 2003? Anything from 2001 or 2002 would be a start.

Seems as if the evidence consists of "recreated" posts from discontinued message boards which anyone could fake. The earliest posts on this subject seem to be dated January 2003 or later.

I could claim to be a time traveler that went back to 1995 and create a series of fake posts from a discontinued message board that are all dated 1995 by typing them up in MS Word then putting them on website.

Even if it were true, why would his superiors send him into the past to retrieve an old computer then return it to some other parallel worldline in 2036 that is slightly different from the one he left? The actual people who sent him would never see him again - unless some other version of Titor from some other worldline happened to arrive where this Titor came from. The story would make more sense if there was only 1 timeline and he just went back to 1975 then back to 2036 where the people who sent him would be waiting for the computer to fix the UNIX bug.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed he said he was chosen because he was put into a military program to get an education were he got a DEGREE IN HISTORY think about what a historian would say about these things.

Sorry if I messed on the grammer especially punctuation.

Also another point I was just made aware of, at the time I was writing this, the ban on automatic weapons has just expired I havent taken economy yet but wouldnt a surge in there importation begin? He did say a lot of weapons will be availabe when we need them.

I am not for or against mister Titor.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by G3NESIS]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SOYLENT YELLOW
Is there any evidence that this socalled time traveler actually posted anything starting in 11/2/2000 and the Spring of 2001? This would be a news article or posting on an active message board with a posting date from that time period or even anything prior to 2003? Anything from 2001 or 2002 would be a start.

Seems as if the evidence consists of "recreated" posts from discontinued message boards which anyone could fake. The earliest posts on this subject seem to be dated January 2003 or later.
Nope AFAIK.

I could claim to be a time traveler that went back to 1995 and create a series of fake posts from a discontinued message board that are all dated 1995 by typing them up in MS Word then putting them on website.

Even if it were true, why would his superiors send him into the past to retrieve an old computer then return it to some other parallel worldline in 2036 that is slightly different from the one he left? The actual people who sent him would never see him again - unless some other version of Titor from some other worldline happened to arrive where this Titor came from. The story would make more sense if there was only 1 timeline and he just went back to 1975 then back to 2036 where the people who sent him would be waiting for the computer to fix the UNIX bug.

Absolutely.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well I wonder if anyone heard but when Einstien did most of his calculations he thought they were wrong because they stated that the Universe was expanding and back then they thought it was always the same a never changing variable but we all know differently know.

So how can any of us be debunking the science behind it and we haven't even gotten that far in quantum physics. Besides in times of war science is always accelerated take a look at WWII how many things were invented due to it, 100's right that covers how they built one 34 years from now doesnt it I mean when large amounts of minds come together to solve a problem we usually do. Who says what we can and cannot do?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well within his posts he states that one of the ways they provide themselves with electricity is thru solar energy and that the cells get better. You know what enough with the explantion here's how they do it Light-Wave Antenna

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Heh, 'Solar Cells get better', can't really count there mate. Its like predicting that 'computers get faster'.

SMR

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Could it be as simple as asking,is even possible to go BACK to a time in which the 'time machine' did not even exsist?
I could see going FORWARD as the 'machine' has been created and therefore keeps exsisting.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Recently, I commented that I could not find any discussions prior to early 2003.

Anyone know if the following, dated 2001 is real? I do not see any date references that would indicate these are more recent. Did these discussions actually occur back in 2001?

www.anomalies.net...

SMR

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have been searching and reading for hours and found these to be the best place for answers.
Timetravel_0 Google search
Rundown of John with links and images
JT links - Images - Documents
Messageboard containing debunkers and info for lazers - IBM 5100
John Titor debunked? - Images that dont match up,or do they?
Using the Internet Archive,I was not able to pin-point any posts made by John.Seems all original postings by him are long gone.Perhaps using internet archive on the first board he posted on,but you will need to use the IA links to do it.By clicking any links in an archive,you only end up using current date links.I know it can be done as I have done it to find a very old post of mine on a site that does not exist anymore.It is just very tedious.
I could try it later on after a few hours sleep.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I could try it later on after a few hours sleep.

Any news?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election.

Sort of a stretch... but I wonder what would have happened without the incredible number of police at the RNC? This was a HUGE number of protesters for a US presidential convention:

The total number of people arrested in convention-related protests since last week is now at least 1,768.

Most of those arrested have been taken for processing to Pier 57 on the west side of Manhattan, police said. The three-story, block-long pier has been converted to a holding pen so that city precincts won't be overrun by waves of arrests. The pier can hold 1,000 people.

About 200 people gathered at Pier 57 on Wednesday to protest the conditions at the holding pen. Katya Komisaruk, an attorney for some of the protesters held in Pier 57, called the former bus depot "Guantanamo on the Hudson."

"Forty people at a time are being crammed into cages, wire cages that are 10 by 12 feet and they are surrounded by razor wire. There is nothing to sit or lie on and the floor is covered with an inch thick layer of compacted chemical sediment," Komisaruk said.

"It's not Club Med; it's not supposed to be Club Med," New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly called the claims about conditions at Pier 57 "exaggerated."

edition.cnn.com...

I remember this when it was on the radio, they are expecting more:

Metropolitan Police Chief Charles Ramsey stood along the protest route in New York City Sunday in plain clothes.

He says he expects similar protests at the presidential inauguration in January 2005, and perhaps on a smaller scale during the fall World Bank and I-M-F meetings.

There was a huge police presence accompanying Sunday's protests, the largest ever during a presidential nominating convention.

www.wtopnews.com...

One wishes that Titor was a bit more specific about what he meant by "civil unrest". In my opinion "civil unrest" isn't the same as predicting a record-number of protestors. Anyone care to disagree? Either way, we can only wait and see. And yes, we should have had at least 2 Waco's by now..

MK

SMR

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wasnt there question as well today during the UN speech on a civil war?
I was watching CNN and thought I heard something like that while they reported on it.

OOOPS

Forgot to answer above question.
I have not done it yet.I will start on it tonight though.I hope it gives results as it is a hard task to keep hitting the back button and pasting URLS about 100 time!

[edit on 21-9-2004 by SMR]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I've read alota the posts trying to debunk JT and It all seems pretty thin when compared to the huge amount of technical background he gives us .
Is this the best you can do?
Is it a laser ? Is it not a laser ? Seems like alota work to go through to fake something .
Why wouldn't he mention 911 ? He gave his reasons .
So , what could initiate this civil war he talks about ?
I'm really surprized by the ignorance of this group , I would think you all would have more knowledge about the world but I guess I was wrong .
Has anyone noticed the national debt lately ?
The country is bankrupted .
The dollar is being supported by countries like China and Japan .
As soon as they realize we're a bad credit risk , they take their money elsewhere and the dollar tanks !
Instant hyperinflattion as the dollar assumes it's real value - nothing !
What do you think would happen next ?
Anarchy first then a police state , conveniently in place , to control it .
What next ?

CIVIL WAR

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Your attempts to shoot down everyone's criticism of an obvious hoax are really half-assed. Lots of the people posting stuff debunking Titor spend lots of time reading his posts and researching them. I've spent enough time reading his stuff to have a good familiarity with the whole story.

His technical background amounts to nothing. If I talked to someone in 1920 and told them about laptops and spouted a bunch of computer rhetoric, they'd be amazed too and probably believe anything I said. I could tell them that computers could morph or do backflips and they would believe me if I used enough jargon during my explanation. It's stupid to just believe him and accept ideas we know nothing about. His technical background is moot since no one knows enough about it to prove or disprove it.

The laser. It's obviously fake, and no, it doesn't look like he went through a lot of work to fake it. It looks like a narrow tube lit up pink, like the neon tubes you can buy at the circus. Forget the other overblown analysis of why this is fake. Unless they're in a sealed room and the guy has been smoking enough cigars to fill the room completely with smoke, you wouldn't see the whole beam. The smoke would only reveal parts of it.

9/11...yeah, he gave reasons for not mentioning it. But then he gave reasons why he would show the plans to his time machine. Then he gave reasons why he wouldn't tell us who would be elected president. Then he gave reasons why he would reveal what the future was like where he lived. Convinient how he always seems to have reasons to not tell us about specific details regarding his "predictions" that haven't come true yet. His reasoning for giving details about some events and then not giving details about other events may have been elaborately explained and complex, but it wasn't explained consistently or believably.

The national debt is nothing new, it's always been high and we've always been a "bad credit risk". If even you realize that, do you think it's escaped China or Japans attention? You think they don't know about our debt? And what exactly is going to suddenly trigger them to take their money elsewhere? Our economy has sucked for a long time. I'm gonna stop here because I already feel like enough of a dork explaining as much as I have. Hyper inflation leading to anarchy is a large extrapolation. I may not be an economist, but I'm pretty sure you aren't either.

John Titor's story was entertaining, it would probably even make a good movie. Unfortunately, it didn't happen, we haven't been visited by a time traveler, and I'm not about to run out and buy a bicycle.

Did anyone see the this back when it was posted?

dimensionalcitizen.tripod.com...
I like how the part labeled 5 isn't explained in the picture on the top right, the key just skips from 4 to 6.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by bilgerat]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have read quite a bit about Titor. I think most who read his story miss the point entirely about his predictions. Most are hung up on his time travel machine and other technicalities. I think his whole story is just a front to conceal his identity or source and does not have anything to do with getting his predictions to the public one way or another.

I am not really sure if these are even his own predictions or the work of someone else. However I do know he has been very accurate so far. It is easy to say his predictions are very general and anyone could have made them but I do not know of any other person who has made and published predictions with his record of accuracy no matter how general they are. You can visit the phrophecy forum on this site and nobody who posts there has had a prediction come true.

Yes the story is obviously fake. The information regarding our future has been reliable so far. I guess his prediction of Athens 2004 being the last Olympics will put this story to rest in Beijing 2008. Until then it might pay to ignore the time travel aspect and heed his warnings.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
However I do know he has been very accurate so far.

Uh, how exactly?

The first major one he made was of a US civil war starting this year (We should be seeing the leadup and monthly WACO events already). There were a handful of half-arsed ones which nothing came of already though.

Add to that the fact that he has missed all the major events in the last three years. How exactly can you say he has been 'very accurate'?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
hello everybody im new to this so bear with me. But doesnt the light seem too bend because the window itself is bent and we see the reflection just my thought

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join