It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor: Hoax

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hello,

I have been reading this site for some time now. I finally decided to join. I also was watching this post some time ago and decided to bookmark it. There have been no replies to anything here in a couple of months.

Kano makes a point in that some people are turning JT into a Nostradamus type of person or religion. I do think that OMD makes some good points also tho. Whether or not he was real or not...(I am still undecided) I am keeping an open mind. His civil war prediction if you read carefully culminates with a massive nuclear war around 2013 if I am recalling correctly. From his perspective it is entirely possible that he was taught that the Civil war he speaks of may have started over the political climate.

The original civil war started over slavery. It is said that is the issue that sparked the civil war and that it gradually got worse to the point of states seceding from the union. (these things were issues in the 1840s)

Also I have a hard time believing that he guessed this:
www.newstarget.com...
The article seems to refute the mad cow disease mass deaths but also adds a certain credence to it. And considering how easy it actually is to import meat into the US (I worked at an Argentine supermarket that did this they love beef as much as or more than we do in the US) I would not be surprised that infected meat has made it in. Considering the current administration's interest in big business and industry and their willingness to protect them I am not surprised if things like this are covered up.

It is bits like these that make me question whether he was the real deal or not. But then there are the things Kano has mentioned like the picture. The picture does look like a fiber optic cable to me. Also if gravity was that strong how the hell was the person in the picture able to survive that and look so relaxed. But then we are applying today's science to tommorrow. So we honestly don't know at this point. JT repeatedly mentioned we can choose to believe him or not and what does it matter if we do. What will we do to change the situation to prevent what he says to come to pass. He may have been a futurist en.wikipedia.org...
If so he has a serious future in that field.

This item of information www.npr.org...
along with my previous link again make me question if he was fake.

But then I read something about him actually travelling back to something other than his objective. That makes no sense. He gets to 2000 with the intent of informing people for personal reasons. That alone is a major flag. He was/is/will be on a mission to get a computer that can no longer be found in his time.

I found the economic points invalid however (no disrespect there Kano) It is possible to have multiple systems of economy in one society. It happens in south america and alot of third world contries today. The communal system of living is not too far fetched along with a "capitalist" society.

The one thread I have noticed is that people assume that civil war means guns and fighting. It does lead to that. It usually starts with a major social issue then escalates to civil war. There may be an event of note in his period that to us is currently irrelevant. It is possible this may come out in the future and be the spark that ignites the flame. I honestly do not know. At this point all we can do is wait and see.

I am not going to be too quick to write him off as a hoax but I am not about to take everything at face value either. Time is both against JT and for him at this point. It needs to be looked at objectively. The whole American union thing is interesting because there are articles on the net discussing that topic now. This was anothe rmajor point he made. Possibly a safe bet prediction tho based on current events of the time. We will see. Hopefully in 2008 we will see more or less and put this to bed. Thanks for reading all this

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
he also mentioned that something would happen similar to the parting of the red sea...i found this article and instantly thought of Titor..what do you guys think

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
opieum,

The American civil war was an issue of states' rights'. The North held slaves and even exported them into the 1880's. If there are parallels to be seen with Titor's predictions, it is the differences between geographical areas of the US when it comes to culture. I can hardly see any successful secession movement that would spark an all out civil war, especially since the old south voted itself in 2006 to still be under reconstruction from both democrats and republicans.
. I just do't see it happening. The only thing that might move any group of people to rebel in an organized movement would be if someone took away their TV, beer and football.
Eh, maybe in Titors' timeline things are different.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Been interested in this whole subjet since I found out about JT's claims and what have you, has there been anything posted by him of late?

X

[edit on 30/1/07 by Xpedite]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Am curious,

with regards to the 'Waco type events'

Why would someone from the future refer to them as 'Waco type events' - especially given onlyinyourdream's (posts from a while back) logic, surely you would just name the events or where they happened. Rather than arbitrarily calling them 'Waco type events"???

Read the transcripts, clever maybe, but definitely taken from the point of view from someone in this current era - not someone 30-40 years ahead who can remember something as specific as 'Waco', yet nothing specific about the following events..

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If I'd go back in time, I'd mention 9/11 and the War on Terror, but that it at most. I'd focus on what effected me the most. I see familiar and differencis in Titor's time line to our own.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kano

How do you know light on the outside of the field doesn't look normal from inside and only light going THROUGH the field appears bent? I don't think you're qualified to make this, assumption. TT_0 said what Dr. Hawking in 2000 thought not possible. Since then, in July 2004, Stephan Hawking has stated he was wrong and his theory was incorrect. If TT_0 proved one of the smartest men alive wrong years before it happened he must be a genius with a lot of free time right? Many men smarter than you or I think John Titor's theory on his machine is possible. And if you read ALL his post you would see he said he would not warn us of bombs, but he did say we would go looking for WMD's, way before Sept 11th and the world even knew what a WMD was and that we would find none but still go to war. Explain that. He hinted once the NY skyline would look strange with less "towers" and that there would be an earthquake in Peru months before it happened.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
In reguards to that picture, how could you even see the laser beam? Last time I shined a laser you couldn't see it through the air... I understand he's smoking a cigar, but it wouldn't illuminate the light outside of the car, nor would it make the laser look so solid, the laser would be fragmented as it was passing through the cigar smoke.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
All this John Titor bilge is just that, bilge. If it were really true, he would have made more accurate predictions

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by norman619

John Titor claims:

"The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit."

So take notice that he says outside. Outside is where all the light is bent, and indeed the beam appears to be straight until it exits the vehicle where it starts to droop.

Kano states:

"If this was the case, ALL the light passing near the device would be bent. This would give a gravitational lensing effect that would be noticeable in the image. Also, the light reflecting off the smoke particles would also be bent on its return trip to the observer, thus the laser beam would still appear straight to the observer."

Well seeing as though Titor claims the gravitational field is produced outside the vehicle, the lensing effect would take place outside. Do you you see anything outside the window? Looks like just black to me. This would mean that Kano is absolutely right. ALL the light is being bent and it is all being bent where? That's right, outside.

I wouldn't go as far to say that this is photographic proof that his machine exists and works, but I would go on to say that this particular argument over the picture is flawed, based off of the idea that the gravitational field is not in the vehicle itself.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneslyfox37

Well seeing as though Titor claims the gravitational field is produced outside the vehicle, the lensing effect would take place outside. Do you you see anything outside the window? Looks like just black to me. This would mean that Kano is absolutely right. ALL the light is being bent and it is all being bent where? That's right, outside.

The thing is, for us to be able to observe the laser beam. We are seeing light that is reflected off the particles of smoke that have to travel the reverse path through the gravitational field to make it back to the camera. So even if the light going out is bent, the light coming back in is bent also, meaning the laser would appear straight.

I think the whole Titor thing is getting a little long in the tooth now though, none of what he is talking about has come to pass, and an awful lot of major events have happened since then that he has failed to mention.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's sad that you must not have read ALL of JT's post. He make alot of claims that came true. He also said he would not give any info that could prevent a disaster. All I'm saying is in this crazy world there are a lot of other unbelievable claims that have a lot more holes than this. No one has ever proved John Titor a hoax so when you say it is you are talking out your ass with no proof. And saying "he didn't predict enough" is proof makes me not even want to come to this board any more. You can't prove him a liar, if you can I'm all ears. JT proved Dr. Hawkins wrong, who are you?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I do think Jtitor is a hoax. Searching Jtitor in bible code says he is a prophet, not a time traveler. I think he can see into the future, and still walks amoung us today. He made up this time travel story to get people to believe him. Somehow he realized the time travel will create more attention than just another person saying "HEY GUYS, I TEH SEE THAR FUTURES!" Some of the things he says will not happen, but some I think will.

"Jtitor, is a conman"
"Jtitor, a fake"
"Jtitor, a prophet, he will lead us"
-Bible code from king james.

Its true that the king james version has the code a bit scrambled.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dark_matter06
It's sad that you must not have read ALL of JT's post. He make alot of claims that came true. He also said he would not give any info that could prevent a disaster. All I'm saying is in this crazy world there are a lot of other unbelievable claims that have a lot more holes than this. No one has ever proved John Titor a hoax so when you say it is you are talking out your ass with no proof. And saying "he didn't predict enough" is proof makes me not even want to come to this board any more. You can't prove him a liar, if you can I'm all ears. JT proved Dr. Hawkins wrong, who are you?

lol, if he had predicted good news, and it came true, he's be onto something

please show me 43 waco like events covered by the mainstream media like elian gonzales which have steadily gotten worse, causing urban US citizens to move out of the cities, into rural areas, resulting in organized troops engaged in combat in the american civil war of 2004.

how about those 2004 olympics ?

c'mon, the cern announcement was rumored on the internet before he posted, and mad-cow was a known threat, and has actually been downgraded recently.

what did he really predict, trouble in the middle east ?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
If I'd go back in time, I'd mention 9/11 and the War on Terror, but that it at most. I'd focus on what effected me the most. I see familiar and differencis in Titor's time line to our own.

great points. Don't forget, he is going from memory when he posted, the political memeries of a 9 year old. What do you remember from when you were 9 ? For me, that would be 1976. I remember lots of fireworks, and I think a $2 dollar bill maybe ?

he was just a militia man spouting off his fantasy

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I would love to know weather or not he was for real. But it really doesn't matter. We are very well on the track to the future John Titor describes. There is no doubt in my mind about that.

Maybe you don't remember but he did say that NY was gonna look "strange with less buildings" and that we would look for WMD's and not find any. How many people do you know used WMD before it became a household name? Not proof again, but weird and the whole proving Dr. Hawkins wrong about his own life's work, he must have been the smartest prankster ever, maybe MIT should try and hire him. Let's not forget about the IBM computer that until a year AFTER his claim IBM themselves said was BS, we all know now for fact that that computer DID have those features, again not proof, but weird.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Darkmatter, can you post some excerpts from Titor's postings that talk about the things you say he predicted so accurately? I'm lazy and don't feel like reading the giant archive myself. Thanks if you do.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

He stated there would be Waco type events monthly through 2004. Not home-raiding. Waco type events.

A Waco-Type is just the government using undue force on peaceful citizens.

I'd say this happens very often and include home invasion and all the tasering that goes on.

The Americans taser babies, old ladies ... students, just about anyone and everyone they want lately.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i was reading a article about CERN not too long ago and hawkings stated that he believes the LHC project will create small black holes.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

how about those canadian police lately

JT stated the waco-like events were covered by the mainstream media like elian gonzales, so the scale of the event is relevant to the discussion. 75 people were killed at Waco.

simply put, it hasn't happened since the original, let alone once a month since '04

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join