It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor: Hoax

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Theres one thing about John Titor that i fail to understand.

Couldnt they just create another IBM 5100 in 2036 ? If so, why not ?

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrExtravaganza
Theres one thing about John Titor that i fail to understand.

Couldnt they just create another IBM 5100 in 2036 ? If so, why not ?

They had already built the time machine, so they figured they might as well use it.

Gee, this thread is old.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I believe that John Titor is a hoax, but he has made every one who has read his works expand there mind. I have no clue how people over looked this simple piece of evidence that proves his claims are false, and that is his camera. I am not talking about what he took pictures of, that can be debated forever. It is the actual camera it self, and I will explain. I haven’t studied this case in depth like most of you, but after a few hours I have drawn my conclusion. The camera he took the pictures with had very low resolution, or where compressed. Either way the pictures he took with the camera, looked like the Camera was from a few years ago “before 2001“. Now the question is why would he be taking pictures of his car with his instructor in the future past the year 2030, with a Camera that was made before the turn of the century. Don’t you think they would have better Cameras 30 years in the future, some thing more then the cheap digitals we have now. Also why would they let him take pictures of the car if it is a government mission, this would expose his whole plan. Don’t you think the government would search him up and down before he left, and ask him why he had a working camera ”Some how works” on him from the turn of the century taking pictures of the car. That would be like us carrying around cameras from the 70’s. Also some how a camera from the turn of the century can capture the light bending, is crazy. Cameras from present state would not be able to catch that, only if its hoaxed. It wouldn’t even show up on the camera, or it would be very blurry the picture. If you make the claim that picture was compressed and the camera was from the future, then you are wrong as well. How could he get a camera from the future to work on our current windows operating system/ any operating system. It simply wont work, and why would they make Cameras in the Future to work on Windows ME, the time he was here. Also once again why would the government let him bring back future technology to us. It is the year now 2006, and by the year 2030 we have time travel. That is only 24 years away, it could be possible, but we wouldn’t be sending Joe Shmoes to use it, and it would be a very new technology.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
As far as I remember Titor's story now we're in 2006 and by know we would have been in **t, nuclear war, natural disasters etc...
Or probably the power that be is aware of John Titor's story and changed our future by creating a different timeline...

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Telos]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
As far as I remember Titor's story now we're in 2006 and by know we would have been in **t, nuclear war, natural disasters etc...
Or probably the power that be is aware of John Titor's story and changed our future by creating a different timeline...

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Telos]

yeah, there ain't gonna be no problems in the near future. everything is ok.
right.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Lol DrExtravaganza. Is called sarcasem

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
when a friend told me about "john titor" a couple of years ago (she told me all of the relevant details) i instantly thought "this is just some guy who doesn't like the current political trend in america, who is anti-establishment, anti-NWO etc. ... i instantly thought of ted K" ... well then i looked into it. i looked at all of "john titor"'s posts, including the photos and manuals ... and now i am convinced ...

well i was convinced a long time ago but ...

i mean, how could anyone actually be sucked in by it??? "his" posts are so un-specific, they are so inaccurate in terms of the FACTS of physics, and they are so in-line with a currently held view (by people who are a little bit disenfranchised with their governments) of US politics.

so what do his posts fail to do?
"his" posts offer no FORESEEABLE facts
they offer no evidence at all - nothing he has said has actually come true
they fail to mention the single most important day in the history of the 20th century so far ... the fact that I don't even have to mention that day should ring a few alarm bells amongst you strong believers. that day is widely regarded as a "change-over" from 20th century to 21st century. it WAS NOT and NEVER WILL BE regarded as insignificant. just take a look. think back over the past 5 years. its been almost 5 years and we are still referring to it on a daily basis. apologists will say that "he" didnt want to change the "time line"... well apart from the fact that "he" did that by posting on the web for all to see ... (why does no-one ever answer this?) ... being such a significant event - and we all know it is - WHY DIDN'T HE MENTION IT??? at least in some passing detail? a "guy" who has studied our history comes to us a year before that day and fails to mention it? even in some minor way?

so what do his posts do?
they cater to a specific group of people whose mindset is that "there is something out to get me!!!"
his poor quality photo (by today's standards let alone 2036 standards) "show" an impossibility - ie it was staged and based on a VERY poor undertsanding of physics and caters to the "lowest common denominator" - people who have some vague recollection of high school physics and who are generally unsatisfied with their place in life :-P
they say he is now living in the country because of all the "monthly" waco type events. .... ummmm .... yup ... well ... what can i say ... the last waco type event i remember is ... well ... waco! not long before "he" came back from time to inform us of our impending doom if we don't start riding bikes and adhering to worshipping god on saturdays ...
they cater to those types of people who believe anything that "science" tells them is true. i mean if someone came up to you on the street and told you this - would you believe them? ... so what makes you believe "him"? because its on the internet? because "he" uses some pseudo-facts? because its partly based on science? (though not very accurately)

well i could go on

but im bored of all of this :-P

the fact is that the "believers" will believe in any case

and so it IS now a religion

BTW - all the "he" and "him"s are in quotation marks because it is widely known that "he" was in fact 3 people.

look it up

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It seems you can play poker with John Titor. There is a member of Poker Stars named TimeTraveler, he even uses a picture of the army symbol. However, his current location is posted as Clinton, MO.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So a hoax or not, I don't know. I respect it for what it is, and I have to say I found it far more entertaining than 99% of the crap on TV, in fact John Titor has kept me happily occupied for several days now.
A couple of comments, however, about the comments which have been made.

I don't live in the USA but I do believe 'WACO type events' are occuring regularly. Doesn't the US regularly detain citizens without trial? How long have those guys been in Guantanamo now? Is there really anything new the US can learn from them, keeping in mind that anything the prisoners do know is now about three years out of date? I'm fairly sure our military (in NZ) works on the principle that if one of our soldiers is captured, after 24 hours the enemy knows everything he does, and so we change our systems, making that info redundant. Questioning a guy after three years seems utterly pointless.

And what about the black planes? And the protestors in New York getting seperated and arrested? Is protesting illegal in US now? And the fact that Fox news broadcasts even in my small country now, with its lies and trash?

Also, many of the criticisms of Titor revolve around, "well, he didn't mention this, or that, therefore he's a hoax". I have read most of this thread, and back in 2004 people were saying he didn't mention SARS, or Iraq, or Afghanistan. Well it's 2006 now and if someone asked me about 2004 I wouldn't mention SARS either, or Iraq, or Afghan.. Was afghanistan even a war? So I don't think that's a very valid criticism, people living through times obviously see certain events as important whereas on reflection these events are irrelevant. Personally I would rate as important (on reflection) the lies about the WMD, and the lies about Osama (if anyone still thinks he is, or was, the leader of the anti-US movement they're crazy).

So I believe that although it is a hoax, it can't be proven a hoax (as none of the best hoaxes can be). Still, it was entertaining.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've heard that's all it takes for a prophet to be wrong and thrown out of the job (1% worldline variance excuse or not). Biblically this was the case as well, especially in the latter parts of the Old Testament. Anywho, he said there were no Olympics to be had after 2003 (I think, it's been a while since I sifted through the 19 pages), but indeed the Winter Olympics have come and gone without a hitch. Well, that was his one shot. Here's a prophecy you can bank on:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32

[edit on 29-8-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Titor talks of "Worldlines" and a 2% divergence when travelling, resulting in the highly improbable event of him landing in his own, earlier Worldline.

As long as the divergence is not too great, the Worldline will only have slight diiferences, which is what allowed him to get his precious IBM machine.

He claims that changes he makes will not affect his original Worldline as he is not actually in it. He does not divulge, to any great degree, specific information that can be used to adjust events which have already occurred in 2036.

Now, posting his story on various conspiracy sites contravenes this rule in as much as, those people involved in in the original e-mail have spent valuable time communicating with him when they would have been doing something else, same goes for all of those including myself who have read all about JT since.

Now this wasted time, for the most time would be insignificant, but of all the thousands of people who have had any dealings, however small, there will be a knock on effect (chaos theory) that would have a major impact on this Worldline, one of you lot maybe the mother/father of a future president or fundamentalist.

Also, JT created a new worldline the second he started to travel back in time (theory of relativity).

Does any of that make sense..??

I understand completely. A tiny event of any imporatnce, could magnify itself, far beyond imagination.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
One thing interesting to me was his religious beliefs. I am curious as to how god fit into his beliefs.

For example, is there a God for each universe, or a singluar one for them all. If only one, does that mean there is one heaven shared by every universe. If that's the case is there a seperate soul for each person in each universe? And would that mean in heaven there would be an infinite number of yourself? And likewise there would be an infinite number of each person in hell as well.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Good questions snoopy. I noticed how this went from a Conspiracy topic to a "Web Related Discussion". Hmmmm... methinks faith in John has been lost.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Good questions snoopy. I noticed how this went from a Conspiracy topic to a "Web Related Discussion".

Its always been in this forum, the "Website-Related" forum doesn't mean threads about the website, it means miscellaneous topics that don't fit well into other forums.

I would have put it in Prophecies and Predictions but wanted to focus on the scientific flaws in Titor's story and evidence as well.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by Kano]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Its always been in this forum, the "Website-Related" forum doesn't mean threads about the website, it means miscellaneous topics that don't fit well into other forums.

Gotcha, I hadn't tracked this thread in particular, more like the topic itself has gone from high level conspiracy to a musing discussion. Two years ago it sounded like there were folks who would be chomping at the bit that the topic is considered mere web discussion. Overall it looks like the "Titor Alert" has gone from Orange to Blue
. I remember before the re-vamp of the site though, John was front page on ATS with a tab labeled "John Titor" at the top.

I would have put it in Prophecies and Predictions but wanted to focus on the scientific flaws in Titor's story and evidence as well.

Sounds good, thanks for correcting my presumption. Didn't mean to imply this thread in particular changed.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ah understood, its true the discussion has lost its zing, but that was inevitable as more and more 'future events' failed to occur.

Just wait, in a year or so we'll have the theories arising that Titor changed the future by posting a few things online and created an alternate reality that we are all now living in.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Just wait, in a year or so we'll have the theories arising that Titor changed the future by posting a few things online and created an alternate reality that we are all now living in.

lol Kano, is that a prediction. If so you may have to move it to Prophecies and Predictions section.
But really, that has already been said several times.

"Website-Related" is best I would think as well..... The Titor thing is not about prophecies anyway, it's more about a warning of what can and may still happen and is happening to some..... "in world-lines"

[edit on 7-9-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
So John Titor predicted civil war in America by 2004-2005... um where is it?

I was looking at the John Titor website and came across this little section.

CIVIL WAR IN THE UNITED STATES?

Stu Bykofsky | Hazleton illegals part of new civil war

HAZLETON - The United States, to paraphrase Lincoln, is in the midst of a great civil war.

So far, no shooting, but you never can tell.

In Lincoln's time, a key issue was slavery. In our time, it's illegal immigration.

Cities such as San Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago have declared themselves sanctuaries for illegals and refuse to enforce federal immigration laws. Philadelphia Police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson last week said his cash-strapped department doesn't have the resources to chase undocumented workers. Other cities have promised to crack down on undocumented workers and enforce immigration laws when the federal government won't.

It looks like a civil war.

www.johntitor.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've recently been reviewing the information regarding John Titor and I've read the first 5 pages of this "debunking" thread. I would like to offer something that may or may not have been mentioned.

Firstly, John Titor or 'JT' as he is so affectionately called, when asked several times in his posts for specifics such as predictions regarding certain sporting events, responded with answers such as "Why would I remember such things? They are of no consequence to me." He basically told us that he paid no interest, or rather, was disinterested in the outcomes of sporting events. Some posts later, when asked about the 'subtle differences in our worlds', he goes on to say something along the lines of "I have noticed small changes in your worldline, such as different teams winning sporting events.. etc." How would he have noticed this? Why would he know the name of a team which won a sporting event in the year 2000-2001 if he's so disinterested in sport?

There's my debunk, now I'd like to offer something in support of his 'predictions'. One of Kano's key arguements against Titor was that there had been no 'Waco-Type' events leading up to the outbreak of apparent Civil War in the states. In my opinion, 9/11 was exactly that (the controlled demolition of three major buildings in NYC filled with thousands of Innocent Civilians?). There are no doubt many attrocities that have occurred and have been unreported by the media. I have a terrible gut feeling that the current atmosphere of "terror" and "insecurity" in the western world is part of establishing control over their own citizens, amongst other things (not neccessarily all with malevolent intent)

Whether John Titor was real or not is of no consequence. What he intended to communicate to us would've been equally effective had he written a science-fiction novel with the same story line. Humans in general place far too much importance on the material world and forget why we are here. If you ever learn anything worthwhile in life, its that there is something to be learnt in every situation. This situation is one such example. Take a step outside yourself for one moment and really think about who you are and how you affect those around you.

One last thing,
John Titor won.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
A big red flag for me is saying that Russia was attacking the US "government" by launching a full scale nuclear attack. It's kind of lime "We don't have a problem with you citizens, we just have to kill you all because of your government. nothing personal".

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join