It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Vs. The Pentagon on weaponization of outer space?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Some US congress men are challenging the Air forces new proposal of putting weapons in space but the pentagon has given the airfoce the green light for the project will this keep the airfoce from putting weapons in space or will they do it anyway?

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
They will do it, regardless of what they tell us

It's too risky not to do it and wait for someone else to - besides, I'll bet they have had nukes up there since the 70's and maybe even some other more exotic stuff in the 80's

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
true who knows what they put up there during reagans tme. Ronald
Reagan the one true president who loved the military god bless him

Wes Point
Out

[edit on 27-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Thats all we need more weapons and in space as well,really i think the world super powers are more then capable of killing us 100 times over.
If they feel the need to do this iam sure they will but the question is should they spread this plague of weaponization to space. God help us all if they pull it off

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
true who knows what they put up there during reagans tme. Ronald
Reagan the one true president who loved the military god bless him

[edit on 27-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

Yeah - Ron was the best president of the century IMHO.

People think we spend a lot now on the military..... Reagan spent almost double what we do now - and that doesnt even count inflation.

Regardless though - Space is eventually going to become a battle field - better to do it now so that we have the upper hand in the future then let someone else gain the upper hand.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
AMM its true if we get to space first in terms of putting weapons and making space fighter we will have the experience and the knowledge the person challenging us will have to overcome what we have up there while trying to put their weapons up so I think we should do it first.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
the question then becomes, who is going to be our rival? Russia has the most tech to do it, but China is coming on strong with it's space program. If the US can quickly weaponize space, we could see a multi generational gap between our weapons and those of our enemies - maybe even a greater gap then we see now in aviation......This would be a good thing

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
this would be a great thing it would be another front that our enemies will try to catch up on maybe they still go bankrupt trying to catch us just like the soviet union did.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yup - most of the world can't keep up with the US in any current field (namely AF and Navy) much less a new battle ground that space offers. I could see red China falling, the Russians being 2nd place and everyone else being an after thought.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
One time on the history channel, I remember that the US spies in Russia would set up comptuer viruses or error in some kind of company because Russia use to steal USA software. That made them lose tons of money

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yeah i can see countries like china and russia just using spies etc to steal all the US tech without having to pay for all the development costs as its the only way to keep up.

new topics

top topics

join