It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1956 radio interview regarding "bridge" on the moon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Here's one of those gems that we might never have heard if the uploader hadn't taken the time to digitize it:

YouTube link

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on October 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
We can embed external video clips! I totally forgot about that. Duh...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Thanks for uploading this. I've been enjoying a good trawl through a CD of historic UFO and space-based interviews and newscasts so this is topical.

Reading around the subject of the interview shows the interest the 'bridge' claim generated. The claim was made in 1953 by John Joseph O Neil. He sought confirmation from one of the most prominent amateur astronomers of the time...Hugh Percy Wilkins. When Wilkins agreed and confirmed the bridge, he attracted a lot of ridicule that's apparently prevented him from having a great reputation in astronomy. There's an interesting article (pdf) about his achievements....British Astronomical Association.

The bridge in the video is from the NASA LROC mission and can be seen....here (Natural Land Bridge on the Moon!). LROC will be passing over Mare Crisium in about half an hour...popular with Moon anomalists.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just to be clear, I am not the uploader of that video. The video is by Dave Herbert. Check out his other videos and you'll find, among other things, footage of the working, flying model which he built that was based on the so-called "Mayan Space Shuttle" artifact.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
And 57 years later NASA finally `discovers` it )
www.news.com.au...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b445f4cbefa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Ah yes that Mare Crisium Bridge John told me about in that old moon thread where I first met him..

Brings back memories

Promontorium Olivium

Promontorium Olivium is the site of the somewhat infamous O'Neill's Bridge. Without access to the original documents the circumstances surrounding this event are a bit difficult to reconstruct, but it seems that in 1953, as the Sun was setting over the western shore of Mare Crisium, science writer John J. O'Neill observed a fan of light apparently emanating from the low spot between Promontorium Olivium and Promontorium Lavinium and spreading to the east. Incorrectly interpretting this as the signature of the arch of a 12-mile wide natural bridge he sent letters seeking confirmation of his discovery to a number of prominent lunar observers of the day, including H. P. Wilkins. Wilkins possibly understood that a lunar bridge would not produce a fan of light, but seems to have claimed to have observed the shadow of a much smaller arch (and the light shining through its aperture) at nearly the same location; observing this both with a 15-inch reflector at his home and with the Mount Wilson 60-in reflector (the later, at least, with a quite high Sun). Wilkins' (south up) Mount Wilson sketch (see Dobbins and Baum, 1998 article in Bibliography) shows a tiny loop to the south of the small crater known in the System of Lunar Craters as Proclus PA (just to the right of the dot for Proclus P in the Lunar Orbiter photo shown at the top of this page -- which is likely at very nearly the same sun angle as Wilkins' untimed Mount Wilson observation). Wilkins estimated the length of his smaller arch to be about 1.5-2 miles, and appears to be trying to show in his drawing that its shadow pattern changes in the manner that would be expected for an arch illuminated by a lowering Sun. With his home telescope he might possibly have been looking at Proclus PA itself, the bowl of which seems to be represented in the Mount Wilson sketch by a dark circle with a bird-like double beak extending to the south. Strangely, the axis of the bird's bill is shown diverging from the axis of Promontorium Olivium at an angle of about 30° when all photos suggest they should be nearly parallel or converging. It is unclear if Wilkins thought his arch could account for O'Neill's extremely broad fan of light when illuminated at much lower sun angles (something that would require some highly improbable reflections from shiny surfaces on the underside of the bridge). According to Charles Wood, Wilkins hinted in the 1954 edition of Wilkins and Moore that the bridge might be artificial, although other articles about the incident claim Wilkins always insisted its was natural. All references to O'Neill and his bridge seem to have been expunged from the final 1961 edition of The Moon, although his name is printed just to the west of the gap between the two promontories on Wilkins' map of Section XII (p. 192), and the name is listed as having been proposed by Wilkins (p. 353)

the-moon.wikispaces.com...

This is why I have 'issues' with main stream science

All references to ONeill and his bridge seem to have been expunged from the final 1961 edition of The Moon

The Bridge from the January 1946 Lick Observatory photo LICKOBS9

There is also another one near Endymion Crater

The Full Size Lick Observatory images are on the first page of John's Moon thread
edit on 16-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Here's another Closer Look at the Alledged " Moon Bridge " .

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Wrong area
but... NASA SAYS...

Natural Bridge on the Moon

Just when you think you have seen everything, LROC reveals a natural bridge on the Moon! Who would have thought? Natural bridges on the Earth are typically the result of wind and water erosion -- not a likely scenario on the Moon. So how did this natural bridge form? The most likely answer is dual collapse into a lava tube.

www.nasa.gov...

Who would have thought?

John said "Bridge on the Moon" and "Water on the Moon" years ago
Bob Lazar even called in to C2C to apologize to John for doubting the water

Good old NASA

Takes them years but eventually they get on the same page as us. Some recent NASA "Goodies"

Venus Flyby Shooting

June 5, 2007: Picture this: A spaceship swoops in from the void, plunging toward a cloudy planet about the size of Earth. A laser beam lances out from the ship; it probes the planet's clouds, striving to reach the hidden surface below. Meanwhile, back on the craft's home world, scientists perch on the edge of their seats waiting to see what happens. Sounds like science fiction? This is real, and it's happening today.

science.nasa.gov...

Moon Storms

December 7, 2005: Every lunar morning, when the sun first peeks over the dusty soil of the moon after two weeks of frigid lunar night, a strange storm stirs the surface.

The next time you see the moon, trace your finger along the terminator, the dividing line between lunar night and day. That's where the storm is. It's a long and skinny dust storm, stretching all the way from the north pole to the south pole, swirling across the surface, following the terminator as sunrise ceaselessly sweeps around the moon.

Never heard of it? Few have. But scientists are increasingly confident that the storm is real.

science.nasa.gov...

Moon Fountains

Well, guess what? Writer Clement was righter than he knew. It appears lunar dust does levitate above the Moon's surface because of electrostatic charging. And the first evidence came almost the way Clement had described.

In the early 1960s before Apollo 11, several early Surveyor spacecraft that soft-landed on the Moon returned photographs showing an unmistakable twilight glow low over the lunar horizon persisting after the sun had set. Moreover, the distant horizon between land and sky did not look razor-sharp, as would have been expected in a vacuum where there was no atmospheric haze.

But most amazing of all, Apollo 17 astronauts orbiting the Moon in 1972 repeatedly saw and sketched what they variously called "bands," "streamers" or "twilight rays" for about 10 seconds before lunar sunrise or lunar sunset. Such rays were also reported by astronauts aboard Apollo 8, 10, and 15.

science.nasa.gov...

Even Scientific American gets into the act when NASA went looking for water

NASA's mission to bomb the Moon: Scientific American

NASA will tomorrow launch a spectacular mission to bomb the Moon. Their LCROSS mission will blast off from Cape Canaveral, Florida, carrying a missile that will blast a hole in the lunar surface at twice the speed of a bullet. The missile, a Centaur rocket, will be steered by a shepherding spacecraft that will guide it towards its target - a crater close to the Moon's south pole. Scientists expect the blast to be so powerful that a huge plume of debris will be ejected.

www.scientificamerican.com...

And the Department of Defense

Tuesday, December 3, 1996 - 1:45 p.m.
Subject: Discovery of Ice on the Moon

www.defense.gov...

Glorious Times

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Man this is some good stuff S and F OP

Content like this is why I joined ATS in the first place. Thanks for the other links to Zorgon

Looks like I have some reading to do while I watch alittle college football today

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
More Sources

Ashbrook, Joseph. 1954. "Is there a Bridge on the Moon?”. Sky and Telescope Vol. 13 (April issue), p. 205.

Dobbins, Thomas A. and Baum, Richard M. 1998. "O'Neill's Bridge Remembered". Sky & Telescope, Vol. 95, Issue 1 (January), pp. 105-108.
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Edit to add I really wish ATS would fix this link issue

just remove the space the http:// adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1998S&T....95a.105D

Need to find copy of article

Graham, Francis. 1995. "The O'Neill bridge: discovery, analysis and subsequent track in literature to the present". Selenology Vol. 14, 4 (reprinted in Selenology Today Vol. 10, pp. 34-40.
digilander.libero.it...

Need to dig up the issue

Wilkins, H. P. 1955. "O'Neill's Bridge". JBAA Vol. 65, No. 2.

Wood, Charles. 2003. O’Neill Unbridged (webpage).
www.lpod.org...

Dead link will try wayback machine
edit on 16-10-2010 by zorgon because: Silly annoying LINK BUG

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Right on to the poster who posted the moon bridge interview...

I watched another of that guy's videos the "Bird and insect" statues made of gold that he scale built one of and it flew like you wouldn't BELIEVE.. hehe but yeah its a bird or insect. Then again people still believe that ornithopters are a less practical idea than helicopters... LOL Funny how in the 40's a modded sail plane ornithopter was tested that used a whopping 3 horsepower motor and used 1.5 liters per 100km or about seventy five miles per THIRD OF A GALLON at 37.5 miles per hour ...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
I watched another of that guy's videos the "Bird and insect" statues made of gold that he scale built one of and it flew like you wouldn't BELIEVE.. hehe but yeah its a bird or insect.

No it's NOT a bird or an insect... it's a MODEL that flies. What the ancients actually modeled it after is pure speculation

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Meh... forbidden archaeology is an interesting subject.... so is our seeming inability to rebuild technology we supposedly had in the sixties (space junkyards raided by nasa)

and as far as bringing it up it just blows me away how much we are being technologically hobbled.

.... I mean it's just twisted really

and it's terribly sad how the same people who still do their best to control the world destroyed an entire written history and much of their tradition just to keep knowledge hidden....

It's parallels to the modern day and the lives ruined of people that just wanted to make the world a better place or share the discoveries they made and their knowledge with the world...

But due to the fact that said knowledge etc is a threat to certain interests they are destroyed, ridiculed, harassed, killed, or driven insane or to suicide. The ruin brought to this man all because he shared a discovery that certain people didn't like the implications of his reputation career and standing in the community were all ruined.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Wow! What a cool find! Thanks for posting this

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

What i'd like to know is:

Why can't you/we see anything else?

If you can see a bridge this clearly, than surely you'd be able to see other bridges and roads right?

Why would there be a bridge in the middle of nowhere leading to nowhere?

Doesn't make sense to me so this is why i say 'no bridge'

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
wow,,,great post....!!!

I think there is some major discoveries to be found on the moon,,
I get the feeling some higher ups are keeping some secrets about the moon,,,

kona

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Great find, but it looks like an natural bridge.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
Great find, but it looks like an natural bridge.

Cover ups are meant to keep the public, saying like what your saying a natural bridge?
I dont trust goverment sources afterall, they lie, and can make up any datas they want.

You need to have an open mind.

top topics

join