It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official. Mazlan Othman Denies Being 'Ambassador For Extraterrestrial Life'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
A couple of weeks ago an article surfaced about Mazlan Othman being appointed 'Ambassador for extra-terrestrial life' or a first contact if you'd like. Well it turns out it was fake, a hoax, or just ill informed media.

Well that's one to knock off the 'Disclosure' List.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

That was all a load of media hype, as usual. I recommend watching the full interview/conference though, some interesting questions are asked and equally interesting answers are given.

The real problem lies in the connotations of words, if someone says 'Extra-Terrestrial Life' people automatically think of little green men. ET life can be bacteria or something similar. So stating that the UN were discussing the possible effects on humanity of finding extra-terrestrial life (ie, bacteria) elsewhere in the universe isn't as exciting as some would like it to sound.

Still, finding life of any sort is exciting, to me at least

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Even I'd be excited if they discovered bacteria on a planet.
Bacteria means the planet is habitable to something, which then proves there is life outside our own planet, and skeptics would have something to ponder upon.
The bacteria could also somehow be useful to humanity.
Bit off the subject, but had to add my 2 cents.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Yep, I agree.

Although, at times, I struggle to find intelligent life on this planet

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

You and me both.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

they've already found amino acids and all the building blocks of life floating around in space. In space!!! be excited. the theory of panspermia has physical evidence.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Did they release this to the media? Or is this something they've kept to themselves?
I've never heard about it, but it is very interesting
This could mean endless numbers of species exist in space, microscopic and intelligent.
That's one more step for mankind.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
On the subject of the Ambassador for Extra Terrestrial Life, I have to point out something fairly obvious. If the case is that we have yet to discover confirmed microbial life on other planets, then there is no need for an ambassador. Unless of course we have a contact situation already, in which case it would be politicaly sensible to have an ambassador, although that would put the kybosh on the secrecy surrounding such matters...
In my opinion, its unlikely that even if such a person was to exist, that we here would ever gain access to thier names. I think its far more likely that the UN will appoint someone in secret, so that the secrecy can continue, so that the power remains with the powerful.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

this is a well known non-conspiracy fact, it was never hidden at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Must've just been me not paying attention to current events.
This is very interesting, I will look into it.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ

Even I'd be excited if they discovered bacteria on a planet.
Bacteria means the planet is habitable to something, which then proves there is life outside our own planet, and skeptics would have something to ponder upon.
The bacteria could also somehow be useful to humanity.
Bit off the subject, but had to add my 2 cents.

Cheers
Brady

hmm, agree with this apart from where you say "skeptics will have something to ponder on", not sure if im understanding you right but you seem to be saying that skeptics dont believe in alien life full stop, i think most if not all skeptics totally accept there is life elsewhere in the universe, they are just skeptical on them visiting earth and abducting people. but apologies if i misunderstood !.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Let me point out for you one important thing though. Despite the fact the message was interpreted wrong in the end, it doesn't really matter in the long run. Mainstream people have been hit by mainstream media with this message, of her being appointed ambassador for ET life, in an intensive way and for a long time. This message was sent out on purpose. It was a huge tidal wave for the masses to even further the alien agenda and make it among people more common. The average Joe won't look back and think wheter the news was legit or not. It has once been said by all the mainstream media that she was appointed as ambassador for ET life, people have remembered and assimilated it that way as fact and that's where it ends. Saying a month later it was not true is just like the Roswell crash - one day you capture a flying disc, the next it's a weather balloon. Thanks to this false un/in tentional message, people are now more used to aliens landing on Earth. It just makes things more easy.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Mazlan Othman

M. Othman

Mothman?

Mothman appointed by UN for first ET contact? Oh crap...

new topics

top topics

join