It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Human Thought This, with Your Help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The wind is blowing and I am glad for I created it. This I know somewhere deep down inside. I think about you. Am I crying, am I living? Am I laughing, am I dancing? Am I slapping you or receiving the slap?

I am old, I am young.

Hindsight...Foresight? Does it really matter? We have all.

Live and learn of me, through you?
Yes, I thank you. It is much easier with your help. I hope with all my heart, I help you remember me as well.

I am here. Welcome to the peace.

Remember when we were the dolphin, the mountain, the tree, the ant, the bee? The bear, the river, the cloud?

We have the time, to do it All, be it All... This is the destiny we laid before us...

Time.. we have plenty, and it is right before us, it is right behind us, and it is here right now. There is such a thing as no thing. We have the time to prove it.

Come, rest your head on my heart and let me stand for you, while your busy being me.

I now leave myself to you, to let me know how I feel, so I can learn me.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
ive read a suicide note like this. it was my little brothers, and you just seem to echo the kinds of things he said. so long as you know peace will come to you, you can never reach for it, as when you reach for it, you are struggling to grasp it, and not at peace. i hope it doesnt mean what i think it does, but having dealt with what i had to deal with, i could see how its just a little bit of post traumatic stress disorder. be well friend, and never give up

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I'm sorry.
But I didn't understand a thing you just said.
Either that or my brain just doesn't comprehend.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by desperation
ive read a suicide note like this. it was my little brothers, and you just seem to echo the kinds of things he said. so long as you know peace will come to you, you can never reach for it, as when you reach for it, you are struggling to grasp it, and not at peace. i hope it doesnt mean what i think it does, but having dealt with what i had to deal with, i could see how its just a little bit of post traumatic stress disorder. be well friend, and never give up

Oh dear, I certainly hope I didnt come across like that. Quite contrary I assure you. I am saddened this is something you have had to feel, yet as I said above, I thank you for being me and experiencing it for me. It helps me, know you, know me.

I was just really trying to say thank you is all.
edit on 16-10-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I appreciate and understand what you are saying here. But I reject it because my individuality and separation from the whole is what makes me "me" and I refuse to relinquish it.

Guess this debate has happened before somewhere or other...

~Heff

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

lol Thank you Brady... its ok, no worries.... one day...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I have to agree with Hefficide.
My other feelings on this are that while empathy exists and can be both a wonderful thing and a terrible thing sometimes, no one can ever truly know exactly what someone is going though unless they are that person.
The idea that we are all connected or are one, also scares the crap out of me because there are things in this world that I try to distance myself from as much as possible and to think that it I am somehow connected to it, that it somehow is me well I couldn't bear it. I have enough of my own personal demons to own up to.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I have to agree with Hefficide.
My other feelings on this are that while empathy exists and can be both a wonderful thing and a terrible thing sometimes, no one can ever truly know exactly what someone is going though unless they are that person.
The idea that we are all connected or are one, also scares the crap out of me because there are things in this world that I try to distance myself from as much as possible and to think that it I am somehow connected to it, that it somehow is me well I couldn't bear it. I have enough of my own personal demons to own up to.

If there were an on/off button for it (verifiably) and not sub dermal then yes I can see the many
good things. But as long as that is not the case....
One should never be forced to do anything
against ones own free will. (As long as it doesn't harm anyone else). Our greatest gift is free will,
even more so than life for life without free will becomes a mockery of life, Slavery. Their is a huge
difference between service and slavery, many seem to forget the differences between the two.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I see you took a seventh grade poety class. do you own a copy of the bell jar?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Perhaps when one says, "I can empathize with you," there really is a true meaning there. Much like watching ones garden grow.

Maybe when you see so much negativity around you, you are really seeing your past before you, to remind of something you dont need to experience again. The good news is, you graduated that class. So hence, you, or I, am always there for you.

I am amazed I sometimes still feel the need for ego to make me feel special and independent, when I have so much more to offer as a whole.

The whole pie looks much better on the plate then the slice in my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Do you? If so, then I do too.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Beautifully said my friend. It's good seeing me again.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

ok, I think i get it now. with that perspective i like it . star.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
lol thank you. Sometimes I think people make things way to difficult when it really is quite simple for the most part. I like to think we are always right where we should be doing exactly what it is we are suppose to be doing. Yes, choice is ours to make a left or a right, but whatever choice one makes, will always have a ripple effect upon something or someone, ie., themselves. Perhaps people wouldnt be so quick to be fools if they just realized they are being fools to themselves.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I'm happy I created this thread. You're doing fine here being me. You don't have it all figured out, but that's the way I wanted it. You can't believe what a perfect thing we have created. Much kudos! When you created my first thought, I'm thankful to us for the great idea I had! The only way to experience all and know all was to "become" all. I love us through me.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So, is Echart Tolle funding a spamming campaign on this forum? If so, how much is he paying per post? I don't subscribe to his theories, but for a pay-per-post that's reasonable I could reregister as an alternate persona and shill for the "we are not ourselves" thingy that seems to be rampant around here.

When I set my hand down onto the table, my atoms remain with me and don't have the choice to desert me in favor of the table's collective. Maybe I'm missing something, but to me, that has to be important, and something to consider at the macro level. When I think of something, it sure as hell seems like I'm thinking it, and reacting to a precedence that involves the causal and intellectual progression that has been my own corporeal existence. In fact, from instant to instant, each burst of intellectual information contains a primary expression (the balance of contextual informational aspects resulting from that precedence) as well as the unique and comparitively inimitable notion headlining the burst; making each burst associate in a logical-contextual sense with the burst it follows, and assigning all these bursts to me as the generating author. Or am I missing something obvious here?

I'm not trying to be combative, but this "we are not individual entities, and should stop trying to be unique" philosophy seems to exist without opposition on a board where such challenge should be encouraged. Any logical or empirical defense of this premise is welcome. I just don't sense the solidity of it as a realistic or plausible notion, given the general and specific structure of what we can actually prove to exist as physical - which, we have to admit, we are. Physical, that is. Human beings are inherently physical, and I hope I won't be required to prove that, since I'd like to think that the fact that I'm posting here and responding to posts by posters on this board does prove that humans exist as physical beings.
edit on 10/17/2010 by NorEaster because: too many "s"s for its own good

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Do you not feel that perhaps your uniqueness rounds out the whole. Of course each one of us is unique. It gives the whole a very vast experience, to taste, touch, love ,hate, wonder, think, in every aspect, making the whole complete.

It is good for me to know I can still ponder the other side and I thank you for that.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Hello NorEaster! Nice post. I do not yet fully understand or know what consciousness is exactly. I do not know what our souls are, or if we have one. I only have my feelings, belief, and speculation on that. But you spoke of the physical, so let's discuss that.

Of course we are unique. Of course we are individual. But to what an extent does our physicality permit this?

Fats, nutrients, vitamins, coumpounds, elements consist our body, right? Where did these structures originally come from? The sun's light? The water we drink? The air we breath? The foods we eat? And before that? Where did the structures come from to cause a vegetable to grow, or a cow to become edible?

It's an endless cycle. The compounds and elements that are now a part of my body were once the foods we cultivate, the poisons we manufacture, etc. I release compounds and elements with each breath I exhale, each tear I cry, every drop of blood that flows from my wounds, each time I use the restroom, when hair or skin cells shed from my body. Then when I die... will not this entire body decompose, becoming gases, compounds, and elements? Will not this entire body become parts of existence? The gases released from this body will one day float through the air... join with the clouds... absorb into some leaf... breathed in by some animal. My body will be food for animals, food for plants... once again become dirt... earth!

Use this logic, trace it backwards through time. All came from the same source, all are comprised of the same original structures. These atoms in my physical body... they are the same atoms that were present before our sun was born, before the Earth took shape. These atoms, this energy... they were always there. After I die, they will still be here. The atoms in me are Alpha and Omega, no? On an atomic and subatomic level I am immortal. Everything before me and after me are immortal.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I just wanted to say you put that very well. I agree with you fully, but I guess you know that all ready!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Great post
I thought i would quote one of my favorite stories

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you’re the millions he killed.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”

top topics

<<   2 >>

join