It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAARP should be shut down for good!!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by GhostLancer

HAARP is not a classified facility.

You Are right. HAARP is not classified so tell me why they have so much security

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
reply to post by OzWeatherman

No thanks I'll stick to being a DEA agent
get more than weather anyways

BSometer just went real crazy there....

Seriously Kudi, HAARP does raise a lot of concerns, and there are a lot of valid concerns which have been raised already, unfortunatley there are also a lot of OTT theories plastered all over wacky documentries and yourtube vids, that are based on theory and speculation, as well as slightly more realistic concerns. I opened this thread hoping to find some more source material to learn from, but alas, it is very scarce!

The HAARP website gives a lot of relevant info on the project, but I'm guessing you've checked it out already, definately worth researching Tesla, this is where the research can get reeeeally interesting!

As for the guards with M16's...maybe they are concerned of crazed people approaching the compound convinced that 'HAARP is gonna kill us all and we need to stop it now....' Just a thought, it is a pretty damn pricey transmiter and all!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

We do know what's going on and its potential power:

Research conducted at the HAARP Observatory is generally published in peer-reviewed scientific journals such as the Journal of Geophysical Research, Geophysical Research Letters, and Radio Science. Since the first research campaign at HAARP in 1999, well over 100 scholarly papers have been published in these and other scientific journals. While the best place to search for results of HAARP research is at a university library, some of these journals provide an on-line search engine for their own publications. For example, to search for HAARP research published in one of the journals of the American Geophysical Union, go to their on-line search site: AGU Search Enter the search term "HAARP" and press the search button.

The HAARP antenna array consists of 180 antennas on a total land area of about 35 acres. The array, along with its integrated transmitters, has a total radiated power capability of about 3,600 kilowatts.

The HF transmitter system is able to produce approximately 3.6 million Watts of radio frequency power. However, the HAARP transmitters have been designed to operate very linearly (in Class AB mode) so that they will not produce radio interference to other users of the radio spectrum. To achieve that degree of linearity, the transmitters operate at an efficiency of only about 45 %. For every 100 Watts of input power 45 Watts of Radio Frequency power is generated and the rest is lost in the transmitter cabinet as heat. (As an analogy, a 75 Watt light bulb gets quite hot while it's producing the light you actually see.) In addition, the on-site diesel generators must provide power for other equipment used by the transmitters including the cooling system and low level amplifier stages. As a result, approximately 10 million Watts of prime power will be required when the transmitter system is operating at full power.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gilbo303

reply to post by OzWeatherman

No thanks I'll stick to being a DEA agent
get more than weather anyways

BSometer just went real crazy there....

Seriously Kudi, HAARP does raise a lot of concerns, and there are a lot of valid concerns which have been raised already, unfortunatley there are also a lot of OTT theories plastered all over wacky documentries and yourtube vids, that are based on theory and speculation, as well as slightly more realistic concerns. I opened this thread hoping to find some more source material to learn from, but alas, it is very scarce!

The HAARP website gives a lot of relevant info on the project, but I'm guessing you've checked it out already, definately worth researching Tesla, this is where the research can get reeeeally interesting!

As for the guards with M16's...maybe they are concerned of crazed people approaching the compound convinced that 'HAARP is gonna kill us all and we need to stop it now....' Just a thought, it is a pretty damn pricey transmiter and all!

I dont watch youtube videos or anything like that because its invalid. I try to stick with researchers and things like that. normally the .gov or .edu is what i go with and yes there are a lot of concerns about HAARP and what i am trying to bring to the table is the information i have found and everytime i read someones post i am learming more and more and then go back to doing research. But what i dont understand is why i am being drilled by some people (NOT YOU) for what i think about HAARP. The one thing i am trying to get out there is that HAARP is blamed for a large number of disasters so why can you tell me why HAARP is blamed for those disasters and LOL OMG WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHY HAARP HAS LOTS OF SECURITY IF IT IS NOT CLASSIFIED?
edit on 17-10-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I agree, HAARP should be shut down (if I had my way nuked), as well as any techonolgies that have a potential to disturb the natural way of things here on earth, or that could potentially destroy us like the Large Hadron Collider particle smasher. I am starting to believe that HAARP is responsible for causing droughts here on earth. If they can push water vapor into outer space by shooting a concentrated beam into rain clouds, they could essentially dry up the earth! I live in Vegas and the lack of snowfall in Colorado that feeds the Colorado River troubles me. We are supposed to run out of water within 10 years. Why is this happening? People say global warming but I think HAARP is their "global warming machine", since they can also heat up the atmosphere with it. From what I understand the sky is the limit for that this horrible device can do to the earth and to us.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ah, what a fun thread...

HAARP has a maximum output of about 3.6 MW. Sura, in Russia, can put out about 190 MW. EISCAT, in northern Europe, can produce about 1 GW. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, if you're a ham, every so often you can chat with the director of HAARP. He may have some fun things t say about certain people's notions.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Ah, what a fun thread...

HAARP has a maximum output of about 3.6 MW. Sura, in Russia, can put out about 190 MW. EISCAT, in northern Europe, can produce about 1 GW. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, if you're a ham, every so often you can chat with the director of HAARP. He may have some fun things t say about certain people's notions.

Heres more info for you. HAARP can generate up to a BILLIION WATTS. do your research man.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

As I and others have stated before, HAARP is an expensive piece of equipment and it is a first and foremost a research station, not a tourist trap. They can't have people wandering in whenever they want and just walking around the grounds. Especially when there are conspiracy nuts out there that want to blow it up because they have no idea what it does.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

But thats the problem, we have no real idea what it does and the government is never forthcoming with its information. Due to its mysterious nature, that is enough to make people want to dismantle it. Our tax dollars goes to this stuff which makes "we the people/taxpayer" the boss in my opinion. What gives the government the right to hide so much information from us? I want to know where my tax money is going and what they are using it for, otherwise I shouldn't have to pay them and I think it is our right to know this.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by killatraitor

Except we do know what it does. The scientists there publish research articles. We also have HAARP's "Program Purpose" and numerous other resources on their website.

HAARP is a scientific endeavor aimed at studying the properties and behavior of the ionosphere, with particular emphasis on being able to understand and use it to enhance communications and surveillance systems for both civilian and defense purposes. The HAARP program is committed to developing a world class ionospheric research facility consisting of: The Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high power transmitter facility operating in the High Frequency (HF) range. The IRI will be used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere for scientific study. A sophisticated suite of scientific (or diagnostic) instruments that will be used to observe the physical processes that occur in the excited region. Observation of the processes resulting from the use of the IRI in a controlled manner will allow scientists to better understand processes that occur continuously under the natural stimulation of the sun. Scientific instruments installed at the HAARP Observatory will be useful for a variety of continuing research efforts which do not involve the use of the IRI but are strictly passive. Among these studies include ionospheric characterization using satellite beacons, telescopic observation of the fine structure in the aurora, and documentation of long-term variations in the ozone layer.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by kid_cudi

As I and others have stated before, HAARP is an expensive piece of equipment and it is a first and foremost a research station, not a tourist trap. They can't have people wandering in whenever they want and just walking around the grounds. Especially when there are conspiracy nuts out there that want to blow it up because they have no idea what it does.

Let me make one thing clear. I dont want to blow up HARRP research facility. The one thing that could change my mind is if i went to HAARP and took a tour and was able to spend a full day there just watching and listening what they have to say and watch how they do things then maybe I would change my mind about HAARP.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

And you trust everything that they say and that they arent hiding more info from the public about what this does? How can you be so trusting? I think there is more than meets the eye here.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
But then again it wouldnt really matter cuz they would still lie to me about what it does and tell me its for research only and thats why i always say no one can ever change my mind. because no one will ever be able to not even HAARP no matter what they do or say.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Ah, what a fun thread...

Heres more info for you. HAARP can generate up to a BILLIION WATTS. do your research man.

Hey man, I have heard this as well, but only not from any creditable source, I was under the impression from thwe info I've found on HAARP (I'd link sources but I'm a noob, and I'm at work lol) that it was 3.6MW, as cmdrkeenkid said, where did you here of the billion watts? (not digging at 'cha, just curious, coz I can't remember where I heard it either!)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gilbo303

Ah, what a fun thread...

Hey man, I have heard this as well, but only not from any creditable source, I was under the impression from thwe info I've found on HAARP (I'd link sources but I'm a noob, and I'm at work lol) that it was 3.6MW, as cmdrkeenkid said, where did you here of the billion watts? (not digging at 'cha, just curious, coz I can't remember where I heard it either!)

Lol i was watching a tv show on the hisory or reading something i cant remember but i do remember the guy saying that HAARP has the ABILITY to generate a billion watts. it doesnt mean they run it at a billion cuz i never said that. lol Just has the ability to run a billion watts.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The research articles have to lay out exactly what they did and how they did it. This is so other research facilities can then replicate their findings. Therefore, HAARP is at least what it says it is, as the scientists there have been producing results and they have not been contested. If you want to believe that it's anything else you have to be ready to admit that it's based off of shoddy speculation that has no foundation in science. I could use the same logic and say that my mailman is actually a solar powered robot, he's just lying to me that he's actually a person. In the end it simply sounds like paranoid ramblings when you claim someone's lying without any actual facts to back up what you claim.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The research articles have to lay out exactly what they did and how they did it. This is so other research facilities can then replicate their findings. Therefore, HAARP is at least what it says it is, as the scientists there have been producing results and they have not been contested. If you want to believe that it's anything else you have to be ready to admit that it's based off of shoddy speculation that has no foundation in science. I could use the same logic and say that my mailman is actually a solar powered robot, he's just lying to me that he's actually a person. In the end it simply sounds like paranoid ramblings when you claim someone's lying without any actual facts to back up what you claim.

Beautiful post bro
lol im speechles at how you jsut schooled that guy good job

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Ah, what a fun thread...

I have. You'll need to prove your statement.

www.letxa.com...
THE HYPE

Many websites talk about HAARP and state erroneous information and, based on that, take them to their illogical conclusion. Some common inaccurate information is:

1. Power of HAARP in Billions of Watts. Sites such as this claim that HAARP is capable of transmitting a billion watts and eventually will be able to transmit 4.7 billion wants. In fact, the transmission power of HAARP is limited to 3.6 million watts, of which only 80% (2.8 million watts) is actually transmitted into the ionosphere due to antenna inefficiencies. Sites like the one just cited misstate the power of HAARP by over 3 orders of magnitude--that is, they're off by more than a factor of 1000. So far I haven't seen any of these sites provide any factual basis for their claims.

I suggest you read the whole thing. The problem with taking things off conspiracy sites is they are long on junk but short on facts.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It does actually seem rather difficult to find any credible evidence from any credible source that HAARP does anything other than what it's own scientists and researchers have stated. I can understand the concern, and how easy it is to doubt that which we cannot always understand, and I'm tempted to believe that this is the reason that so many people swear blind it has a sinister objective.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I think where this misconception stems from is the fact that HAARP's effective radiated power is 5.1 Terawatts. People just assume that this means that HAARP is capable of producing 5.1 Terawatts.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join