It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS StreetView: 0.1: UFOs Over New York City

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I really liked this vidoe and look forward to future ones.

I wasn't a fan of Conspiracy Chicks and never watch it.

As for the volume, yes some parts were quieter, while others were louder.

Other than tha, it's a great idea and I really like it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Can i just put a little reminder here
This is not a competition with the chicks, Its a new and happening show from ATS,

Lets focus on what these new guys and girls have brought to us! they have done a fantastic job!

ATS is about giving you all aspects of what is out there in many different ways,

This is a new and exciting project and i give 100% Kudos to the 2 hosts of the street team,
Its young and hip and i think an excellent new addition to the ATS site,

Again well done to all involved in this new project,

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by 0ne10
I turned the video off right when they claimed the 10/13 prediction was accurate.

ATS is spreading inaccurate rumors now I guess?
edit on 16-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

I find it terribly disappointing that ATS is covering this hoax and giving it air time that it clearly does not deserve.

IRM

ATS has people on scene asking the opinions of people at the location of said hoax about their opinions concerning said hoax and you find it terribly disappointing?

Dear 0ne10,
The team members did not claim that the 10-13 prediction was accurate. They made reference to the source of the prediction and asked what peoples' opinions were concerning the prediction and what possible correlations people may or may not have thought existed. No chances of this being a red flag operation to covertly assess public opinion and gauge possible reactions? The Streetview team asked questions related to this viewpoint also. It seems to me the Streetview team asked questions relative to different perspectives keeping the possible questions their targetted audience may want to know, and keeping in mind the spectrum of beliefs from a diverse ATS membership.

Originally posted by 0ne10
I turned the video off right when they claimed the 10/13 prediction was accurate.

ATS is spreading inaccurate rumors now I guess?
edit on 16-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

I took the time to read all that because I know how much effort and callories you spent putting into it.

I thank you for my time,
ET

edit on 16-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: it's way late. I had to fix a bb code. duh, typing too fast

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Can i just put a little reminder here
This is not a competition with the chicks, Its a new and happening show from ATS,

There is no competition. [humor] Now, if you would kindly help me pry my lips from your backside, I'll be on my merry way asala. Does anyone have a tissue or washrag for my nose? .
[/humor]

Seriously,
They are different formats, different styles, different interactions, a broader platform for garnering information. There are differences.

The StreetView project is conducting interviews with people who may not be aware of ATS's existence at all, and people who may be far to occupied with their daily routines and lifestyles to give much thought to conspiratorial issues.

The Conspiracy Chicks project is conducting interviews with ATS members concerning the threads that are the hottest topics on ATS, and highlighting the pertinent information in threads that are many pages long.

This is just one of the differences. One project is out amongst people in the most populated city in America asking questions of people on the street, and collecting peoples opinions and personal insights. One project is in studio conducting interviews with ATS members making thread contributions that obviously have the attention of many members already inticed and drawn to the conspiracy mindful ATS environment. They are different ways to collect and dissiminate information from a broader range of demographic, while focussing on the material and events occuring within a specific timeframe in which the majority of ATSers have found interest in.

Asala,
Thanks for clarifying this is not a competition, but rather a way to gain a wider perspective of peoples' thoughts and ideas concerning issues that ATSers have already demonstrated interest in.

The more diverse the group, the closer to the truth their average is. A nobleman during the middle ages once held a competition to prove how stupid commoners and peasants actually were. He took his heaviest lifestock to the fair, and let the peasants pay a small fee to guess the weight of the beast, and the one who guessed it's weight won both the beast, and the collection of coins. No one guessed the correct weight. But upon further review, when all the guesses where added together and divided by the number of people who guessed, the average was the exact weight of the animal. Similar experiments/studies have consistently produced the same results over the centuries. The collective of individuals (and the more diverse), rather than the individual alone, offers more accurate truisms.

Thanks for expanding the diversity of the group dynamics StreetView Team,
John Paul G. , USAF Firedog (retired)

edit on 16-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: this concludes this post. no, seriously, you can stop reading this now. That is all.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlitomoore
I personally am not a fan of Conspiracy Chicks, I think it is spin offs like that which is lowering the maturity of the site.

Attitudes behind the statement above is what helps prevent our beloved ATS from becoming a full contact sport.

I hope if the site keep ]sexpanding that we will actually see a real 'ATS News', where people are ready to report on events when and where they happen, and show us what the people involved really think.
(red by me)

Do I give stars for Freudian slips? Why yes, yes I do

ATS is fun,
ET

edit on 16-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I just love watching Conspirasy Chick's every week,do not change a thing with that new's show, and this new one Street View,is also on the mark.You people are doing a fine job. keep up the great work!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I loved the show.

The UFOs over NYC threads had caught my interest. Because of trolls, etc., I did not know what was actual and what was fraud. This is one of the reasons that I liked the on site interviews with actual people in the area.

I have lived in NYC and I do know that it takes a lot to get the attention of New Yorkers.

Good job J. Douglas and Bonnie Star!

Mahree

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I liked this, very good and can only get better. I have to say way better than the chicks. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the next instalment.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Esoteric Teacher,

I have just made the most aggresive post of my life o nthe Monsanto Blackwater thread, and I was literally furious.

I then put on some Jonny Cash and I mellowed slightly...

Then I checked this thread and spent 5minutes re-reading your signature as it seemed so damn confusing to me...

Then I saw your reply to my post....

And I actually nearly exploded with laughter! I had never come across the term Freudian Slip, and when I realised what I had wrote, that term was cemented into my brain for life!

I have given you a star for your utter craziness.... or I thought that was what I was giving it for, in honest truth I had a subliminal urge to do so....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

I'm glad I could help give you a good laugh and rebound from an unpleasant exchange. Sometimes we encounter thread subjects and posts have an emotional effect on us, it happens.

Thank you for letting me know & for the nice compliment.

Have a Great ATS day,
John

Edit to add:
Ya, I guess I could clean my signature up some, thanks for the suggestion.

edit on 16-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by InfaRedMan

InfaRedMan.....

I find it terribly disappointing that ATS is covering this hoax and giving it air time that it clearly does not deserve.

I was trying to figure out how to say that in my own way.....

But you "cut to the chase" & said it all.....that NY UFO hullaballoo deserves no more internet or media oxygen.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 16-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

hoax ? really i dont think this was a hoax for key reasons

1.No one came forward admitting it was a hoax with proof.
2.The police themselves stated it was unknown
3.A group of teenagers claiming to a local news channel that it was there balloons from there party isnt very believable unless they had video showing the balloons been released.

sorry maybe maybe not but you and among others are spreading some disinformation without any evidence.

Star and flag for ATS user journalism

edit on 16-10-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is a great project. Will the videos be available in youtube?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
good stuff...

dont forget to be in Chicago on 15th November, 2010

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Where does ATS get these people? applications? members? where?

Anyway, it seems like the show will be just fine.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Yes, we would love to interact with memebers. As we continue to build the show, we would like to have a section where members can vote on threads and pieces of the show. Please send give us your thoughts and suggest topics for future episodes. Thank you for checking us out and being interested in the show.

-J. Douglas

"Act against inaction"

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Good job guys
I really enjoyed it, and I think this will be a really cool series.

I noticed people are criticizing some things, and I admit the sound wasn't perfect and some other things, but they did say that this was sort of done on the spot without much time to prep, so give them a break people!

Honestly, if you think you can do better, please go to the nearest city and go ask questions with your dinky camera you bought from Best Buy and post the video here for us

Keep it up ATS!
edit on 10/16/2010 by highlyoriginal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is such a good idea. Though being a big, and very watched, site, it shouldn't be confined to one site. What I mean is, the news, and media are controlled.

Every community should have their own sites, boards, forums, with breaking news, and have their own press, their own alternative news and radios/blogs and interviews/street reporting, especially the voice of people.

Absolutely great, this idea needs to spread everywhere. Could also involve High School students, learning multimedia, and college students. Get the community involved and hold competitions, and rewards.
edit on 16-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Excellant....just excellant! As an avid ufologist I've often wondered what the general public felt about UFOs and aliens, so great first episode! Now this is an ATS series that I will definitely watch.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Keep building content, and over time you can have a 24/7 cable channel!

Good first run with this one.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Pretty good! Decent production values, content, presentation, etc.
The editing was choppy and the transitions could have been a little more creative but that's just my
video style preferences which means absolutely nothing as every editor is like a painter and utilizes his/her
particular suite with an unique aesthetic.

Good Job. Video everything. Streaming video is the future!! Adios networks
Get a flip, use your phone, learn to use your Panasonic or Canon, explore the video function on your DSLR,
Everyone can play a huge part in the coming video, information age that will cover the planet. This is the actual societal revolution that we have been hoping for. Thanks to the cyber age...everyone can be a producer.
This is the future and cudos to ATS for recognizing it.

edit on 16-10-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join