It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS StreetView: 0.1: UFOs Over New York City

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Welcome to "ATS Street View," our (really) new video series where we take the topics you, our AboveTopSecret.com members, are discussing the most, to the gritty no-nonsense streets of New York City. In this first episode, our hosts J. Douglas and Bonnie Star rushed to gather up their gear and subway tokens to follow-up on the UFO sightings over Manhattan. They encounter a variety of opinions in the Chelsea section of Manhattan, and see what the people of Manhattan -- who are never at a loss for an opinion -- have to say about the UFO sightings this week.

That being said, this first episode is a bit rushed as this event happened before our hosts and video team were totally geared up to begin production. However, even without the makeup, teleprompter, and catering van they still did an excellent job in taking the topics of ATS to the streets of New York. As we continue this series, expect more from Street View -- including flashy logos, zippy titles, and a machine that goes ping.

edit on 8-6-2015 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is going to be a sweet series. Little bit of practice and rehearsal, some staff writing and this will blow the doors off Conspiracy Chicks. Awesome show... GOOD JOB!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

props to ats, there were a lot of people like me that wanted something like this.

five dollars says they will all join ats when they get home
again, good idea guys

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Great show! Always impressed with how this communities user generated content can keep up with or even out perform the MSM!

I look forward to future installments!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Not bad I like the two journalists but that was like investigation lite, how about interviewing amenijihad or whatever his name is lol.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaChaos

Okay, well, "Do you believe in UFOs or their existence?" My favorite was, oh how did it go? "What do you think about the possibility of life on other planets. . .here or otherwise?" That's a great question.

The premise of the show is good. I'll admit, I'd rather watch these two than Conspiracy Chicks. Actually, I miss that guy that used to do ATS News. . .Johnny Anonymous.
Other than questions that lack grammatical sense, I thought it was okay. I'll be the first to admit, however, that I am never good at judging shows. I once believed that both "Frasier" and "Friends" would only last a season.

"Why then do I post my opinion?" you might ask? 'cause this is Merica! an' peeple dide fer my my rite to say whut i thank. . .here or otherwise!

I need more sleep. . .I hit the wrong "reply to" box. . .again! Sorry Delta!

edit on 16-10-2010 by Divine Strake because: Sometimes I just do things that don't make sense. Like this one time, I ordered something from HSN. . .and just kept talking to the sales lady. I went on and on and on about nothing in particular really.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I turned the video off right when they claimed the 10/13 prediction was accurate.

ATS is spreading inaccurate rumors now I guess?
edit on 16-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The views expressed in this post by Esoteric Teacher do not necessarily reflect the views of any other ATS member, ATS, ATS LLC, their sponsors, their affiliations, or ATS members' pets.

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com
J. Douglas and Bonnie Star rushed to gather up their gear and subway tokens to follow-up on the UFO sightings over Manhattan. They encounter a variety of opinions in the Chelsea section of Manhattan, and see what the people of Manhattan -- who are never at a loss for an opinion -- have to say about the UFO sightings this week.

That being said, this first episode is a bit rushed as this event happened before our hosts and video team were totally geared up to begin production.

I know this has been a planned and forcasted project that has been in development, and I appreciate the initiative demonstrated by the Streetview team to forgo the fact that production protocols, project outline objectives, and the special effects of graphics are still partially on the drawing table/chalk board so to speak. I both recognize and acknowledge the perceived necessity to choose to act earlier rather than later due to the timing, public interest, and attention this story has garnered in the past few days. I am personally gratefull that the Streetview team is willing and able to do this, and have chosen to step up earlier than originally estimated in order to provide ATS members with first hand accounts and opinions of those living in the area.

J. Douglas and Bonnie Star,
Thank you for choosing to be who it is you are, and choosing to do what it is you do. Anyone with 2 brain cells working can see this project has potential.

If I may offer some constructive criticism and/or suggestions, I would like to share some thoughts that may be taken into consideration.

J. Douglas,
Firstly, thank you
I have only a few "negative" things to say/share. I think you are perhaps a little too close, and in their personal space, and some people being interviewed were sending some nonverbal tells that they felt a little uncomfortable. I would suggest giving them at least another six inches distance between you and them during interviews. If your elbows are at your side, and your forearm not extended, you might be too close. Also, no matter what they are saying send more nonverbal cues that you are both receptive to, and accepting of what they are sharing, they may open up more. you can do this by nodding a little more, and keeping a smile, or subtle smile. Thirdly do not position yourself sort of inbetween them and the camera, try to stay a little more parallel with them from the perspective of the camera. To summerize my suggestions: 1- a little more personal space, 2- Offer more nonverbal cues to show appreciation for their time and opinion, 3- remember camera angle = V. To end on a good note, I liked the question you posed about the mind/brain allowing someone to actually consciously percieve what it is they were witnessing, but I'm not sure that man understood exactly what it was you were asking. Good question, though. Plant that seed J. Douglas

Bonnie Star,
Thank you as well for this, I like it and appreciate the effort
I liked your demeanor and style, you smile and nod which is welcoming. 1- Maybe a little closer to the interviewees, your arm during some of the interviews is almost parallel with the ground. 2- You are the one with the microphone, you are controlling the interview. If more than one person is talking at the same time hold the microphone up to the person who began answering first, or designate exactly who you are posing the question to by making eye contact with that individual during the question.
_________

Street interviews have unique intrapersonal communication obsticles. People are guarded and somewhat reserved, for others they see a camera, and they want to be in the picture, no matter what. Street interviews are unscripted and there is a diverse demographic with the possibility of a wide scope of opinions. Have both general broad view questions, present these first, and have more specific inquiries prepared also, and possible follow ups in mind to for possible answers that may be supplied, or that you guys can anticipate.

Again, I know this was done ahead of schedule, and I really do give you guys kudos for stepping up and taking on this project. You are representing more than just yourselves and the project, the way you guys present yourselves also reflects upon the ATS community and our members. I think J. Douglas and Bonnie Star are very capable of projecting a sincere and genuine association with ATS, our issues, and in an altruistic and in an honest manner, with style and a positive attitude. Also, thank you for not coming across as being too bombastic.

Thank you guys for your efforts and initiative.

Simply outstanding. That you would even take on this project is a testament to character in my book.

Slightly before schedule and a little before cue
J. Douglas and Bonnie Star decided two can do
UFOs over NY, a thing we called ATS Streetview

Magniloquences,
ET

edit on 16-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: Add disclaimer at top of post. Now give me a star, please. Thank you, this concludes this post.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
I turned the video off right when they claimed the 10/13 prediction was accurate.

ATS is spreading inaccurate rumors now I guess?
edit on 16-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

I find it terribly disappointing that ATS is covering this hoax and giving it air time that it clearly does not deserve.

IRM

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
This is going to be a sweet series. Little bit of practice and rehearsal, some staff writing and this will blow the doors off Conspiracy Chicks. Awesome show... GOOD JOB!

Gasp! Blasphemy!

Terms and Conditions, Terms and Conditions, Terms and Conditions..... walks away from laptop shaking uncontrollably...

Pleasantries,
ET

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Great first episode J & Bonnie!

Looking forward to see more from you and ATS Street View from New York City.

Great work ATS Team!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Audio dynamic range. Use some compression - right now it's unbearable, I have to keep my finger on the volume knob all the time, as each section has different volume.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Wow!

I've got to admit it ATS street view is a brilliant idea

Can members participate and correspond?

Any budding wannabe journalist should be wetting their pants in excitement

just brilliant it really is

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by relu84

I agree 100%. They need to adjust volume levels post production.

The show is a good idea, and entertaining. They just need to stay a little more on-the-fence on some subjects.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
What a great new instalment from ATS! And Well done Street view team
This was a great first instalment and i look forward to seeing much more of this,

You guys are going to grow with each one of these you do and i can wait to see where this all takes you,
Great idea getting out there and chatting to people!

WEll done again and i look forward to watching you guys and girls more

Julie x

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

InfaRedMan.....

I find it terribly disappointing that ATS is covering this hoax and giving it air time that it clearly does not deserve.

I was trying to figure out how to say that in my own way.....

But you "cut to the chase" & said it all.....that NY UFO hullaballoo deserves no more internet or media oxygen.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 16-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Loved it.

A warm welcome to J. and Bonnie! Look forward to seeing more

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

You know... I thought it was about ATS working hard on this site to make it a better place

They were spending their own time and money to broadcast a story that actually happened?

The NORAD prediction was an hoax but the NYC incident occurred, why should we ignore it?

Why don't you ignore it?

Balloons or mercury alien flying plasma machines.. who cares? many witnesses reported it, some media reported it....

So why is it wrong for ATS report it? just asking because I'm seriously confused

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I personally am not a fan of Conspiracy Chicks, I think it is spin offs like that which is lowering the maturity of the site.

That being said... If you can pull this off... and engage real life people on topics that we discuss here on ATS, then I think it is brilliant. I look forward to the next, fully produced episode.

I hope if the site keep sexpanding that we will actually see a real 'ATS News', where people are ready to report on events when and where they happen, and show us what the people involved really think.

Keep trying with things like this!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Great show I love it.

It is good to hear what people think about UFO first hand, the interviews where good.
It’s interesting to see how awake people are in NYC .

edit on 16-10-2010 by impressme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join