It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dream that just won't go away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
A little about myself, maybe a lot...it is late so you never know.
I do not want this to turn into a religion debate. I would just like to be able to discuss what happened to me a few years ago. I personally think a little background into my life will help with the topic.

My parents are polar opposites. My mother comes from a Christian family while my father comes from a family full of Atheists.

I grew up going to church with my mom and grandmother. My dad would sit at home on Sunday and just treat it like another day, nothing special. I never had a bond with the church because in all honesty I wanted to be at home with my dad doing nothing.

This is the account of my mothers family:
After my parents divorced 13 years later I had moved with my mother back to the east coast where I was promptly reintroduced to church. I was soon baptized as a young man while at the same time not really having a clue what any of it was all about. At this point in time I was a member of The Church of Christ.

I understand now and still believe that the only way to the Father is through the Son. I believe that Jesus Christ is my savior and literally died for me and was resurrected so I could have everlasting life. I truly believe this and as I get older I believe this more and more.

Fifteen years later my grandmother on moms side came down with cancer. She went went very quickly. My mom called me one night and said you better come see her because she is quickly fading. I called my boss, loaded up the family and went to see her. When I arrived she was very deteriorated. She had jaundice so bad she was actually yellow, not just a little bit but actually yellow. She refused treatments because she was too far gone and she told me that, "The good Lord wants her and is calling her home, so I am ready to go." It was a very hard time in my life but I knew she was actually ready to go and was prepared. Over the next few days we found her talking to people that we could not see. She was talking to family members and friends by name and carrying on conversations with them. the more she spoke with them the more she stated that she was ready to go.

I can not explain the feelings I was having other then just pure happiness and regret that she was getting ready to exit this realm. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it or talk to somebody about it. On the night of her departure she was very quiet but when she did speak she spoke of all the glorious things she had seen and then she spoke to us one at a time behind closed doors.

When she called for me I could not keep from crying but after she told me to stop crying and just listen it was like somebody flipped a switch and my emotions vanished. She kept telling me to get the light out of her face because it was hard to see. I said, "Granny, the only light that is on is the lamp on the other side of the room." I asked her what she has seen and who she has been talking to. She told me that she has been talking with her family and a man she has never met before but she said she knows who he is and he did not have to introduce himself. I asked her if she saw God and she said it was Jesus. I asked her what he said and she told me that he said nothing more then to not worry for my father has sent for you. She told me to be a good boy and do right and faded back to sleep.

Later that night she woke up and was carrying on with the people we were unable to see. She asked to speak to my grandfather by himself. They spoke for 10 minutes or so and my grandfather came out and said she wanted to tell everybody good bye. At this time it was me, my mother, aunt, grandfather and her. I was standing with my mom on one side of the bed and my grandfather and aunt were on the other side. My grandmother told us that it was time for her to go and she wanted us to be sure that we would do our best and live our lives the best we could. At this time she was muttering and the things she said after that nobody could figure out what she was saying or if she was even talking to us.

As she expelled her last breath you could see her chest go limp and her body relax. As soon as the last breath was expelled the room started getting warm. It was like the warmth you get when you step into the sun on a cold day. Nothing intense but you get feel the warmth. The air became energized. What I mean by energized you felt like static electricity was building up. It started to get bright in the room. It was not from lamps or anything like that but like somebody was adjusting the brightness on a computer monitor. Nothing blinding by any means. It started to feel like we were in a vacuum or something like the pressure in the house started changing. Then it was gone. It vanished as quickly as it appeared. Everybody just looked at each other and it was not until several years later that my mother and I discussed it one night over the phone.

I still get very emotional even thinking about this and as I write this post I have had to take several breaks to pull myself together. It is something I will never forget.

Now onto the dream:

I have had this dream several times since she has passed. Every time it is exactly the same and never deviates from the original dream.

I am standing on what seems to be a huge piece of glass that is crystal clear. It might not even be glass at all. I might be levitating but my feet are planted on something, maybe some kind of "force field" or something. Below me is total darkness that is illuminated by flames if that makes any sense. The flames never stop. Lots of flames and lots of darkness but they never seem to light up the darkness that they are coming from. On this "glass" or whatever it is I am standing on is text that shimmers to some extent. It is gold in color and when I say shimmering I mean it shimmers by the light of the flames and at the same time it pulsates, fading away and them coming back. If I were to guess a language it is in it is either some sort of Hebrew or Aramaic. I can vividly see the symbols but I have not been able to find them anywhere.

I find myself standing between two people staring at the floor and the flames. these two people I am standing between are a lot bigger then me. My head comes up right below their waist. Even-tho I see below me I never actually see myself. I don't see my feet, legs, hands or anything. The two people I see next to me, like I mentioned before are larger then me. I see they have white robes on, and by white I mean super clean pure white robes. The person to my left has a white robe and some sort of slippers on. They are white as well. I can see his hands. He is holding a book open and the two people are discussing something. I have no idea what they are saying because it is in a tongue I don't know or have ever heard before. I hear them speaking but it is all in my head. No sound whatsoever. I don't really know this but I can sense it if that makes sense to you. The person on my left is pointing out things in the book and the person on the right seems to be listening. The person on the right is a little bigger then the person on the left. The person on the right has a white robe as well but his belt looks like wool with gold thread in it unlike the person on the left whose belt is just white.

The person on the right has hands but they are not flesh, they look like regular hands but they are metallic. They look to be be like finely polished brass or gold. The feet of the person on the right are the same as the hands. The person on the right has a glow to him and the further I try to look up at either of these people the brighter things get. I can look all the way up past their belts and then everything gets so white and brilliant that I am unable to look and have to look back down at the book or the flames. They continue to discuss something and then all of a sudden I am blinded by white light.

The strange part is that at first in the dream I am in total fear and held in total suspense. At the end of the dream it is like I go weightless and feel a sign of relief right before the light consumes me. I don't have this dream all the time but it seems to come around when my life could be better and stray away from my beliefs.

I have posted this on other sites and have been ridiculed beyond belief but I really wanted to post it here because it seems like the majority of people have open minds and are open to discussion. If you made it this far would like to think you for reading this post and look forward to your input.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Άδης

It sounds as though you are judging yourself and the two people are looking at your book of life
and you are wondering if you are going to be cast into hell or not. You are relieved that the white
light comes because you are getting another chance to correct whatever it was that brought you
so low as to want to give up.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

I Agree, It sounds like they are judging you and I would say its in your favor, so keep on that path and someday that dream will happen for real with the same results.

Good Luck,

SM

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
i think we all stray from our paths because we are all sinners but the end of the dream sounds fool of hope

and you are whisked awway from fear of whats under and you are takin into the bright amazing light above you

so i think it is telling you will stray from the path but keep jesus true in your hart and dont forget him and

he will never forget you

ps great post i dont know why any one would ridicule you for it

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Άδης

dreams are just your mind processing everyday stimuli... thats all they are

second line

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Άδης

At first I thought this would be a long boring autobiography that goes nowhere; but, I'm glad I continued on and got to the meat of the story - your hospital experience. Thank you for sharing! I'm glad this didn't turn out to be one of those run-of-the-mill stories.

As for this:

I am standing on what seems to be a huge piece of glass that is crystal clear. It might not even be glass at all. I might be levitating but my feet are planted on something, maybe some kind of "force field" or something. Below me is total darkness that is illuminated by flames if that makes any sense. The flames never stop. Lots of flames and lots of darkness but they never seem to light up the darkness that they are coming from. On this "glass" or whatever it is I am standing on is text that shimmers to some extent. It is gold in color and when I say shimmering I mean it shimmers by the light of the flames and at the same time it pulsates, fading away and them coming back.

and

At the end of the dream it is like I go weightless and feel a sign of relief right before the light consumes me.

I recognized it immediately. I actually BUILT this exact scene in a virtual 3D world in 1998-1999. The pulsating gold shimmering floor pieces surrounded the "glass" flooring; and underneathe was a lot more to see. (I also had a "freefall" nearby - and the 'feeling' was described in your post as well.) There were screenshots on the web at the time; though, screenshots don't do justice to a 3D virtual build. None of it exists on the web anymore, except in memories of myself and the many people who saw it.

It's just odd that it was described with 100% accuracy. Coincidence, maybe.

Anyway, thank you for sharing!

edit on 16/10/2010 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thank you for the comments thus far. I have always felt like it was a message of some sort maybe self manifested or not. I really don't know.

As far as dreams being left over's for your brain I agree with that stuff to some extent. I think if that was truly the case our dreams would be about the most absurd things you could imagine all the time. To me it is strange that you can have the same exact dream over and over that does not deviate from the original dream.

On the other hand I have had dreams that I know are dreams. I don't really know how to explain it. Sometime when I dream I know that it is in fact a dream and I have been able to take advantage of things that have been in my dreams. (dream wise, not reality wise).

Ex: I was a Legend of Zelda fanatic when I was younger. Old school NES zelda. I remember one time I had a dream about poking people with a sword and they would vanish. Sometime they would leave behind coins and keys. I understand where that dream came from. I believe it to be data in the bit bucket that the brain is trying to get rid of.

On the other hand this dream is different. I actually feel emotion during the dream. It is on a different realm of consciousness. I know I am dreaming but it is real in a scary sort of way. I don't know if I have somebody pleading for my soul or if I have some kind of unique look into my future.

To me it is just very strange and bewildering. I personally hope it is a view of my future to some extent but at the same time I don't. At the very end of the dream I am "taken away" by a flash of light. Is this the end or does it leave me to a point where I have to make a decision? Do i get taken away in a good sense or is it a preview of what I could have?

I know their is probably no way to really tell but I am sure a few folks have more experience and knowledge about these things that I do.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Άδης

Do you read Revelations? Your dream reminded me alot of this verse. I believe the event which the verse is pertaining to is coming soon and God was just reaffirming your faith. Letting you know that you're one of the ones who get victory. You're very blessed.

Revelation 15:2
And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iamnot

I have read the Bible but I do not recognize that verse right off the bat. That is very interesting and intrigues me further. Thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Had to register again because of my name.

top topics

join