It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cultural Telepathy - it's the new AT&T

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I wanted to ignite a thoughtful discussion on something that is very difficult to put into words. Words don't quite convey what transcends verbal communication. However, my personal experiences have been increasing in frequency over the past several years, and I'm noticing recently that others are experiencing this as well. It's not just me, it's everyone, to varying degrees. Explaining my OWN experiences in words is hard enough - explaining how I know others are experiencing this is even harder.

It appears to me to be a collective human experience in which some people are either honing, just now noticing, or feeling that something isn't quite right but haven't figured out what just yet. I suspect there are even those who experience things but chalk them up to nothing more than "just life", and would resist any thought that it could be something more. The strange thing is, no one is talking about it, as if it doesn't exist. My theory is that this phenomenon may be contributing in large part to many of the negatively charged issues in society, BECAUSE we don't collectively recognize it exists yet - controversy, deceit, anger, fear, insecurity, and generally those things that are confrontational in nature. Not everything, mind you, but much of it can be attributed (I believe) to something that we have yet to focus on, much less make sense of. I am talking about cultural telepathy. It is not a new concept, but for the western world and "modern" societies it is a sleeping, ancient human ability that I believe is waking up in what has already been awake in remote villages and other cultures around the world for thousands of years.

For the most part, my post is from a purely personal experience, with nothing but anecdotal evidence to back it up. I wouldn't know where to begin to try and document or even research such a phenomenon, but there are some online references that allude to other cultures experiencing this as well. I will share some of what I have experienced in the hopes that others will notice and consider that we are indeed entering into a new era of human communication.

How many times have you KNOWN something was about to happen? How many times have you heard the phone ring, and knew who was calling before you picked it up? How many times have thought of someone, only to find out they were also thinking of you? How many times have you KNOWN someone wasn't being truthful? How many times have you shed tears, laughed, or otherwise felt someone else's emotions as your own when in their presence?

These are just a few examples of what I believe can be explained as part of cultural telepathy. While every culture does rely heavily on physical cues, there are those cues that cannot be seen that are far more powerful. Let me give you an analogy...

Let's say you have a glass of water. You decide to put more water into it. After doing so, someone asks you to tell them the difference between the new water and the old water. You look with confusion, because water is water...visually, it's impossible, and from a molecular standpoint, it's impossible as well. It's all the same. This is how I'd like to illustrate our spiritual lives living in a physical world. The air, the water, us, everything...it's all the same "stuff". If you were to take an electrode and stick it in the glass of water, the entire contents would be affected. Every single molecule of water would be touched by that energy, and thus that experience would have been collectively shared. In the same way, we too are affected by everything that happens, collectively. But we are so bombarded by "electrodes" that we are virtually conditioned to ignore them.

I will share one quick example, and leave the rest for later. I am a traveler, and have experienced different cultures in many places. My current experience has been so overwhelming that I cannot help but be convinced that I've stepped into a soup of cultural "awareness" that has been disarming at times. It's like going from a darkened room into the sunlight. I know things, before they happen. I know, sometimes, what people are thinking or feeling. Conversely, others have done the same with me. This was an immediate experience from the moment I arrived, and I suspect it will be left here when I leave. It has greatly altered my opinions of what I thought I knew and how I carry on and handle things from day to day. Alternatively, I see visitors here who are terribly affected by this as well, with no clue as to what is happening. They simply seem to be plagued with problem after problem, always due to what is going on within their own thoughts and how they process what they pick up from the "soup" around them. They don't know that what they pick up is not their own stuff, and the other foreigners they are with are the ones whom they have troubles with. They are victims of their own abilities, so to speak.

It is my assertion that we ALL do this....every culture in the world, in fact. But it is those smaller, more secluded cultures which are the least affected by technology that know and accept this as a normal part of life, whereas the rest of us are just babes, learning to crawl. I have witnessed and continue to witness a microcosmic version of what is going on in modern cultures all over the world. We cannot hide from each other any more. More and more people will begin to put two and two together until deceit will no longer be able to thrive within human consciousness. I believe we will eventually learn to traverse through life with few spoken or written words, as they will fall second to the truth that is in every molecule of our existence.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

yup

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm giving this a bump, because I think people will respond if they have a chance to see it. There is so much we have to learn about ourselves. I think if we turn off the technology, we'll "turn on" our own built in software and discover it's far more amazing. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have been experiencing the same things lately. It feels good, natural.

But think about this, many people on ATS have mentioned that the
powerful interests on this planet are afraid of this.

"We cannot hide from each other any more.
More and more people will begin to put two and two together until
deceit will no longer be able to thrive within human consciousness"

Imagine the fear of these powerful people who have trashed our society !!

All of the sudden there is something they cannot control.
Personally, I hope this keeps spreading until all these liars are exposed.

Nice Thread, Thanks

Peace

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

I agree with you. I think the best way to overcome whatever evil is here, is to learn about ourselves first. We have been endowed with everything we need to overcome it. We are only "helpless" if we choose not to take full advantage of what we were created to be.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GsevenLet's say you have a glass of water. You decide to put more water into it. After doing so, someone asks you to tell them the difference between the new water and the old water. You look with confusion, because water is water...visually, it's impossible, and from a molecular standpoint, it's impossible as well.

Just imagine a hundred years in the future, there'll be camera's or sensors that will be able to detect and determine the microscopic changes due to aging of water/quarks, a computer would take pictures, a program would dissect and count all the data in seconds and give a final conclusion like how many molecules of a certain age were counted and comparing those would create a simple animation showing the different age of molecules.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
im having it happen to me almost everyday and moment now that i have taken it in as a part of myself. I doubted and doubted what was i felt being givin to me. I feel that this experience has happened because i was letting and open to it. LIke you and many others have said. It wont happen unless you want it. I have visibly seen things that i cannot explain, as well as my fiance' has seen things around us and her that she cannot explain either. So yes. Furthermore, i feel that part of what is going on right now is what ever the sun is giving of through CME's might explain it too. Ive noticed that every time i check on the CME;s and when they have occured that i have gone through more heater arguments will certain people around me. Maybe . Fantastic post and cant wait to see what else is on here. Good job man on the thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There is an exercise which increases telepathic ability.

It helps if you prepare by dinking only fluoride-free pure water, herb teas made with that water, and fresh fruit juices for a month first. And limit your sugar, refined carbohydrate and chemical intake as far as possible.

Warn your friends/workmates first, so they know what's going on.

For a week, do not open your mouth once to communicate. You can write messages, communicate in any other way, but do not say a word. It's even better if you can get people around you to join in with this, but that's usually too much to ask. You'll find people will instinctively start shouting at you when you don't answer, even though they know you are not deaf, but they'll get over that. Gradually, you'll find you become more aware of their feelings, and then their thoughts.

Another method is to develop a close, trusting friendship on the net with someone you have never met IRL. The more you can trust, love and open up to each other, the more you will feel that person's presence, and become able to communicate without the internet. I have a friend I've never met who I exchange hugs with. We've tried writing down the times we give the other a hug, and the times we feel the other giving a hug and found, when we compared notes later, we were both getting it right.

Distance and separation between people are only illusions. Deep in our souls is a oneness, and through this deep part of ourselves we share experiences. On this level there is not actually communication, how can you communicate with yourself? But on the superficial level it appears to be telepathy.

edit on 17/10/10 by Kailassa because: to fix spelling.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and participation. I do want to add one thing that I've been pondering lately, that may help to explain part of why this area is so different from others that I've been. I prefer not to reveal where I am for privacy reasons, so I hope everyone will understand. However, WHERE does not matter....there are attributes to this region that occur naturally all over the place. Let me explain....

OK, I'm going to tie in some basic science with this, so bear with me. Referring back to my electrode in a glass of water analogy, let's assume there is salt in the water, versus the water being just from the tap. Now we have increased the conductivity of the water immensely!

If thoughts are electrical, energetic waves of energy that travel out of from us (as if we are the electrode, at this point), wouldn't it make sense that areas of greater concentrations of ions in the air from salt water would conduct those thought energies and emotional energies with far more efficiency? For instance, areas near the ocean, islands, etc. This particular area I'm in is different than any other near-ocean dwelling I've visited, and I've considered that the people/culture add dramatically to it, but not only that - it's the first time I've been surrounded by salt water, and it's extremely humid here. The ions in the air are thick, and so is the salt content.

Perhaps there ARE places on earth that naturally enhance our abilities. I suppose one could recreate this by having a fountain nearby that is circulating salt water, but I've been around those too. Nothing else compares to what I've experienced here. I don't know how much of it is the culture and how much is the location.

I agree with the above post about changing the diet to enhance our abilities. I've also experienced this as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
isn't all your saying is this is how you read a person?
I play poker and can tell 95% of the time when a guy is bluffing .

I can meet a person and tell you if there a slut or thief..or just a bad person in general..and i let them know too.
But then again i don;t speak alot...
My wife cusse's me all the time for not talking lol

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Well, yes and no. How do YOU read a person? I don't play poker, so I can't relate to gambling bluffs. What I'm referring to goes much, much deeper...reading a person without even being in their presence. KNOWING things are going to happen before they happen. Perhaps you are tapping into this already and don't realize it....perhaps not....but it definitely goes much farther than just sitting at a poker table and reading poker faces.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Is it possible that this evil influence that everyone keeps alluding to is somehow driving towards the same goal of eventual enlightenment for everyone as well. Why do we have to regard corporate interests as evil? While they might not have our personal interests among the top list of their priorities, the fact remains that corporations exist to serve a need; be it the rich man's need to feel as if he's head and shoulders above his fellow man. What i'm trying to say that in this transcendence of the human species, where we overcome most of our animal urges (greed, selfishness) and morph into something approaching deity, we also have to step beyond our prejudice against the actions of our fellows, for all mankind is responsible for the actions of one man. Thus, we are all as guilty as those we consider evil if only for the fact that we do not act overtly against them.

But to get back on topic, it is not such a new thing at all, this idea of Cultural Telepathy. I would like to consider it as a result of convergence, a lot of things happening in close proximity to one another thus influencing a chain of events that can only lead up to an eventual outcome.

Remember that in the history of the world, the powers that be at one time declared that the world was flat. Yet in their greed, they funded voyages towards the utmost reaches of the known world to explore for spice & gold and thus proved that the world was round. They justified the rape and murder of entire cultures as spreading the word of God. And yet, the result of all that negativity in our history is us. Are we really all that bad?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thought I would awaken this sleeping thread, since this is a topic that has NOT gone away since I first posted it last year. In fact, it's continued to get worse and more overwhelming. I'm not sure if I'm alone with this, or if I'm just hyper sensitive to the thoughts and emotions of others, but WOW...I've gotten to the point where I'm feeling and experiencing the collective majority of emotions from those around me and those whom I know who aren't around me. What's strange is that I've noticed a correlation between moods and sunspot activity. The higher the activity, the more agitation in emotions.

I know I can't be alone, but I feel like I am sometimes. It really is overwhelming at times when it's on the bad end. On the good end, it's great.

Anyone else out there experiencing telepathic/empathy issues involuntarily?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
Anyone else out there experiencing telepathic/empathy issues involuntarily?

Yup....

The empathy part though is very draining at times and sometimes it's too much. I can sense it very easily when around people and my job requires being around groups of people and sometimes it brings me down mentally and emotionally. I can sense their feelings and many are usually freaked out when I say something to them.

As for telepathy, yes. I have all kinds of experiences with telepathy and prophetic dreams. My first dream like that put me in the hospital for a week because it literally freaked me out. This was about 10yrs ago, now I just keep track of dreams that are a certain type. I have one that I posted here that I hope never comes true and i hope it was just some coincidence.

I can sense when certain people are going to call me and things like that, esp ones who are close to me. I am very good at telling when someone is lying to me face to face. I have that gut feeling with people and emotions. That probably goes the the empathy...I have always had intuition that was a bit crazy and it has taken me 10yrs to actually listen to it and not be freaked out by it and run. It's hard to explain but I think you understand, it's just a feeling I get in my gut or a sense I can feel. It's like that gut feeling. Sometimes i get like a flash in my head of a situation that hasnt happened yet and then it will happen that way. It could be a month down the line or a year. I don't talk about it much because it's personal and most just think it's weird but it's very real to me and sometimes it's a bit freaky and I don't know how to deal with it.

Thanks for this thread

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I catch myself having to "hibernate" for a week or two after I've been to a social event. I mean, literally. It's as if my energy has been sucked completely out of me, and replaced with stuff that isn't mine. Sorting through all that "stuff" that isn't mine is what knocks me on my rear for a week or so. This makes it extremely difficult if I can't get away to do this. If I'm in a situation where I'm constantly having to be around people with no break, I will literally get physically ill and fatigued beyond belief.

I sincerely wish someone out there who knows something about this would help me out....I don't know how to protect myself from this, and it's just getting more and more intense. These days, if I happen to make someone mad and they are mulling over me, it's like having a megaphone in my head. I know every thought they're having about me, and when they're having it. I'm a pretty nice person, so thankfully I don't make many people mad. However, people seem to be very on edge these days as well, and getting them to that point is super easy. Something innocent may piss someone off without me even realizing it, even if they never tell me. Oddly, this is how I know, because they invade my head to the point where I know exactly what it was that I said, (and was taken the wrong way), and I know exactly why they took it the wrong way.

So now, I've taken to trying to make this work for me in the sense that if this stuff comes to me in one direction, then it must also work if I send it back to them. As strange as it seems, I spend a lot of time apologizing and sending loving thoughts to people, but only because the angry and jealous thoughts are the most painful for me, so I notice them more. I literally have entire conversations with these people in my head, saying the same things as if we were speaking in person, until the emotions subside.

I know...that sounds nuts, even to me as I'm sitting here typing it. I don't know what to say, other than it's very real. No, I don't have mental issues, or any history of mental issues. In fact, I'm a very "normal" person if you were to meet me face to face. Nobody knows this about me, except my spouse to a small degree. Typing it here is a heck of a lot easier than trying to explain it with a straight face and expect the other person to understand and believe it. So I generally don't even try. But I feel very alone with this, and I can't help but wonder if we're all experiencing this to some degree and just not talking about it out of fear, or if it is localized with certain individuals who are more "sensitive" to energies of all kinds, to include thought and emotional energy. On that note, I also am extremely sensitive to the earth's magnetic energy flow. I hear the earth's tones, and I feel the electromagnetic energy when there's a build-up before an earthquake. I also feel the energy from barometric weather changes. I know when the weather is changing without ever walking outside, or even seeing a cloud in the sky. I feel this in my head.

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing....well, it's bad when I get bombarded with negative stuff, obviously. I just know that I need to learn how to protect myself and use this effectively for something good. I just have no clue how.

top topics

join