It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why no threads on the new mcdonalds vids?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
maybe i over looked it in search but i didnt find anything...im sorry if this has been brought up before.
So i have been hearing from people about the 6 month old happy meal from mcdonalds. Apparently a happy meal left out in the open after 6 months has not changed a bit! doesnt that mean that its not bio-degradable? as in WE CAN NOT DIGEST? or pull any kind of nutrition what so ever out of it? I have never been a fan of the golden arches but now i definitely have no desire to eat there. Why would the FDA allow such crap to be fed to us? are they actually trying to kill us instead of help us?
6 month happy meal

and for those who havnt seen or heard of supersize me...heres just a snippet
supersize me clip

not to mention this

GROSS MISUSE OF RESOURCES
GRAIN is fed to cattle in South American countries to produce the meat in McDonald's hamburgers. Cattle consume 10 times the amount of grain and soy that humans do: one calorie of beef demands ten calories of grain. Of the 145 million tons of grain and so fed to livestock, only 21 million tons of meat and by-products are used. The waste is 124 million tons per year at a value of 20 billion US dollars. It has been calculated that this sum would feed, clothe and house the world's entire population fo one year.

link

i know most of you are aware of this muck
there's plenty of unhealthy places to eat, not just mcdonalds...but come on, really? what are people putting in their bodies?

edit on 15-10-2010 by dowhatyoufear3 because: wrong link

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My computer just freaked out, loading multiple youtube videos when I clicked first link. Sorry. Not sure what happened.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Raustin because: derpness

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

not sure what you ment by that...can you explain?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

oops...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dowhatyoufear3

Get The Fries Out

edit on 15-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ronald McDonald is free to operate for as long as our economy is still free. You don't like it, don't buy it. The McDonalds witch hunt is pathetic. What's next? An assault on all of those restaurants serving deep fried chicken wings by the thousands on any given Big Game Day.

We are all free to make choices. Good to know I can still eat that hamburger 6 months from now if I end up in a SHTF situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Please tell me the lady gaga video wasn't just me. That was too weird. My browser popped open a few other youtube videos when I clicked first link. Sorry if that was unintentional. I just read the oops.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Its kinda old news, a few months ago I posted a story about a lady who kept one for a whole year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Compared to her the six month thing seems a little lame.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

It wasn't just you. It was rather interesting for a Rotten Ronnie's thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

no no, it was the wrong link. i still had that copied from the "evil music" thread we're in...sorry

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Because ATS'ers are too busy defending the "freedom" of McDonald's to poison the general public with their garbage.

I don't think I can ever eat there again after the double whammy of "Fast Food Nation" and nearly vomiting after eating one of their double cheeseburgers. There's probably # in them.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Man I'm glad my speakers were turned down low. Otherwise the better half would be writing my rage eulogy at this very moment.

dowhatyoufear3: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fill up the first page of this thread with that crap. I really thought you were trolling. If you want to start a new thread I'll pop over and add some thoughts etc. I think I may have ruined this thread for yo and for that I am truly sorry.

Mods if there is anyway please delete my panic stricken posts.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Raustin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Because ATS'ers are too busy defending the "freedom" of McDonald's to poison the general public with their garbage.

thank you, they ARE free to do as they wish and make profit by poison therefor the "unaware" has no clue what they are doing to them selves. not to mention what they are doing to other countries, if you read up on the link in the op

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think this might be the video you meant to post.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I gotta say that in my opinion people should stay the hell away from McDonald's. I had my first cheeseburger in months the other day and the little bastard destroyed my stomach. When there is so much grease it melts the bun there is a problem.

Of course people should feel free to do whatever they wish (I smoke, I drink, I have premarital sex *gasp*) but I would encourage everyone to limit themselves to maybe one McDonald's night a month (or year).

I'm not crying for a fast food ban, but I think the intelligent members of ATS should realize that a happy meal can also be sad.

Edit to add: OP, don't be ashamed if you rock out to lady gaga. I was singing along (beautifully) to Ke$ha earlier. Some babies may have cried, but it was fun.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Raustin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

no worries, apparently this is old news, i just over looked it. but its KINDA new to me (the whole 6month-year old burger thing)
i mean, im not going to lie...if im really hungry and only have a dollar on me, which is about all i usually have =(, and all thats around is mcdonalds, better believe im going to stop and grab something. but i guarantee there are families out there who have family night once a week at that place. there is now way you can be aware of this and feel good about eating that crap so much

off topic....i cant stand lady gaga, it was just an accidental copy from another thread about evil music....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Its because six months or a year is nothing.

The story about the 12 year old burger was the first one I heard and made the other shorter ones that followed look lame.
aht.seriouseats.com...

The burger on the left was bought in 1996, the one on right in 2008 (when the picture was taken).

edit on 16-10-2010 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I am really curious about a couple things here. How do we know these YOUTUBE videos are to be believed? I am not trying to defend McDonalds or call anyone a liar but...it is a YOUTUBE video. I have seen glow in the dark mountain dew that is not real as well.
I am also curious why people are buying happy meals and keeping them around for 6 months, 12 months, and 12 years. Seems like an odd trend to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Macdonalds has closed down some of it's food outlets in the UK

guess we ain't loving it ... any more

link
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

same way we know all the ufo videos are real

we dont....but why would someone take their time to make and post a video on something like this. anybody can lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join