It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Footage of UFO

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
39 replies, 43 flags...

Why does this topic keep falling off the recent posts page?

Replies, people!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
very nice video i hope they keep coming !!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Very interesting video. Thank you for posting the link. I enjoyed most of it, even if they did have the "left-field" researchers presenting.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

1. Thank you Op - this is a most compelling video, and for once a serious articulated piece complete with interesting images. Most of which seem to show unidentified objects or balls of light (especially those described as moving very fast). The short segment (unfortunately to music!) at about 3.40 minutes in, is probably the best footage I've seen recently.

Originally posted by Moose318
You can also watch it here for your viewing pleasure.
thedaybeforedisclosure.com

2. Brilliant - (link above)...a full documentary and nothing to pay - thank you for posting this Moose! Obviously there are cases discussed that are better / worse

3. To those posters who immediately become combative and defensive(???) tasking skeptics to debunk this, or question this, or begging skeptics to appear and try to comment or disappear forever because of a video... What are you talking about? Being skeptical is a normal human behavior, part of the human state of mind is to ask questions, to verify and try to prove beyond a reasonable doubt...

I consider myself duly skeptical, as a normal adult, one expects to see or read information and digest this information and question it for validity, seeking out a level of validation based upon how well stated or obvious the evidence is... in other words if you post something that shows an image of a rock concert and the video shows a concert arena and a rock star singing to a bunch of people... it is sort of expected data, therefore the only questions to expect are 'where was this taken' rather than "wtf is that man... is that cgi?' However when one is presented with unusual phenomena... for example a video showing ball lightning or unusual phenomena then one can quite normally expect somewhat skeptical comments such as ' when did you take this, did others see it, did the ball lightning leave marks?' but when you present a video of something that shows something that is not the norm at all... a video of a craft flying at incredible speeds, unusual disc or triangular objects, or green aliens... then honestly you should expect to be questioned thoroughly... especially if you take a quick look at ATS... Good Grief... yellow dots over New York, bobble headed aliens peering through windows, mile long UFOs... erm lenticular clouds.

As a skeptic (ie normal person) I come with a healthy amount of doubt having witnessed the amazing lengths that people go to to falsify stuff, put forth their names to get famous (just think of Bubble Boy for a minute!) etc...

4. This video and the associated websites (see below)...
However this is an unusual video because it is a serious topic, a set of videos and images clearly taken with some serious technology, and by a University actually studying a phenomena... I have not seen this before and I am duly impressed.

I found this website which looks very interesting:
Project Hessdalen

And then I found this PDF (it's >2MB)
PDF Report from the same site

Both of which seem very old... I'd love someone (with more time than me!) to show us some recent examples/sites etc... discussing this topic.

TTFN
askbaby OUT.
edit on 18-10-2010 by askbaby because: corrected 2 spelling mistakes and an errant comma (,)

edit on 18-10-2010 by askbaby because: 2 more silly spelling mistakes... I am a stickler!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

It's very (very!) strange for me to post twice so soon in a thread... but I wanted to get my main points out there and try to get some others to find newer websites that point to (recent!) results from this automated station (if it is still in action!)

However my other point, and of equal concern really - is that this thread was started some days ago now, and yet has only 50 flags and similar number of stars... and yet the complete garbage.. oops somewhat more skeptical posts from October 10 and October 13 get dozens of pages.

It saddens me that ATS has found itself in this position...

Whilst I fully want as diverse a set of posts on all things unusual, I'd honestly expect that the star and flag system on this site, and just the mentality of people seeing such 'stuff' would make threads like THIS ONE or discussions of the Costa Rica Photo (circa 1971) started by Zorgon (to be found here: Costa Rica Thread by Zorgon) would naturally filter to the top... but lo... that is not the case... therefore I am HAPPY to post again in this thread... in an effort to help it float to the top where it belongs!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

because it is'nt full of debunkers giving their numerous explainable theories? that's my guess, the video shows scientific investigation, which seems to conclude there is a real phenomenon. so its a bit hard just to turn up declare it a plane and shut the thread down. meaning there are many avoiding the contents because it might mean they have to rethink their position interms of beliefs about u.f.o.'s being stuff nut jobs make up.

i think it would be cool if ATS got in touch and if possible visited, to keep an eye on their findings, a bit like they did at the ranch(cannot remember the name). if they allowed it of course, it would be great to find out more, and i think this place in norway could be important or go some way to giving more clues about what a lot of u.f.o's are.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i just rewatched it and the only thing i can pick fault with and the bit that made me laugh both times, is the part where a old guy says he has had thousands of sightings, and he can prove it, because.........................................................................he's written it down

other than that i think the video needs more investigation and is the sort of stuff that need posting more often, rather than somebody linking video's of a dot in the sky they saw recently.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I recal this documentry being aired on tv a few years back but as usual not during prime time.

I was blown away how well it was presented and it was a shame that it ended up in the abyss, thanks for posting

Not many debunker posts so far I wonder why?

S&F well done

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
finally a video that is not captured by some lady saying "oh lookie blinkie orbs".

Thank you OP

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by RedBird

because it is'nt full of debunkers giving their numerous explainable theories? that's my guess, the video shows scientific investigation, which seems to conclude there is a real phenomenon. so its a bit hard just to turn up declare it a plane and shut the thread down. meaning there are many avoiding the contents because it might mean they have to rethink their position interms of beliefs about u.f.o.'s being stuff nut jobs make up.

i think it would be cool if ATS got in touch and if possible visited, to keep an eye on their findings, a bit like they did at the ranch(cannot remember the name). if they allowed it of course, it would be great to find out more, and i think this place in norway could be important or go some way to giving more clues about what a lot of u.f.o's are.

Hi there, I wouldn't call myself a debunker, but I am by nature of a sceptical persuasion - as I hope most people are. But, I'm not sure what is being asked to be debunked? The Hessdalen site itself believes is is witnessing a natural phenomena and they have been studying for several years. Are you trying to debunk their findings and suggest they are wrong and it is actually ETs?

Placing this in the same frame as 'events' such as the (non) battle over/for LA is doing a disservice to this research station, that doesn't help them gain their own credibility.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join