It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tough case to swallow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I've done a number of google searches and come up with absolutely nothing that seems to refer to this case. What's more, the original source i have doesn't quote the year it happened. That said the book was published in 1990 so has to be before that date.

As the book is now out of print and mostly contains direct quotes, i feel it should be ok to pretty much give you verbatim what was written..

The case concerns one Zella Walderberg and her husband Albert of Stuttgart Germany. The veracity/madness/you are having a laugh, content is wholly your own concern.

My source is the book Ghost Stations 111 written by the wonderfully titled Bruce Barrymore Halfpenny. Bruce wrote a series of books about, mostly Ghost Stories surrounding Aircraft but did, at times, touch on the field of Ufology. He really does know his onions about Aircraft, their capabilities etc and is, as far as i know still around.

The tale goes like this...

Zella Walderberg, a 53 year old lass from Stuttgart Germany wasn't feeling too well. and decided to take a couple of aspirins in an effort to ease the malaise.

"After I took, what i thought were the aspirins, I saw the real aspirins lying on the shelf", said Zella. " I thne got really worried and shouted for my husband Albert. As he came into the room he pointed to these tiny object flying through the air".

Albert 56, who swears it was not a figment of his imagination or a UFO fantasy said. " While Zella told me what she said she had done, I looked at the sink and saw these three pills lift off. I ducked for they nearly hit me in the face. I shouted for Zella to look and we both saw the objects fly down the hallway and disappear. They looked like pills and they even lit up as they sped through the air. They certainly weren't insects.

After swallowing the pill like objects Zella became quite ill with stomach pains and was finally, rushed to a nearby clinic. A doctor examined her and gave her a sedative for hysteria.and then sent her home. However, the terrible stomach pains remained.

"Suddenly, i felt a rush run through my whole body", said Zella. Then something flew out of my mouth and at the same time the severe pains instantly disappeared. Zella further added that. "I'm convinced there were space creatures inside me either trying to escape or exploring my body".

Temporary insanity? Mad as a box of frogs, both Zella and Albert? A hoax? I haven't a clue and as i say, I can find no resources on-line that seem to refer to the case. If there is anyone from Germany remembers this and has more details I'd be fascinated to know. Did they stick to the tale? Was it ever admitted as a hoax?

What it does illustrate is that. You never quite know what you will find, in terms of evidence that is offered. As mad as this experience sounds, just maybe Zella and Albert were telling the truth as they saw it happen to them. Given nano technology a pill sized craft could be packed to the gunwales with hi tech gear and, by it's sheer tiny size requite far far less energy to perform its tasks and what is more, go about it's tasks virtually unseen or , even if spotted, mostly disregarded as just insects.?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The problems debunkers and skeptics have with stories like this one is that these stories come from people.

Eyewitness testimonies mean NOTHING to them, they want to see, touch and feel the object in from of their eyes to "believe", and EVEN then, most of them will still not believe.

I find the story fascinating, and if true, one of the most amazing discoveries of what alien technology is capable of.

Anyway, no pictures (I understand), no video, no physical proof... it means nothing but a made up story for debunkers and skeptics.

Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed it.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Enter Ruin

Actually, you cannot even claim you have witness testimony in this case. All you have, in this case, is a book and its Author, who claims he has witness testimony.

It is purely hearsay.

It's not that skeptics or debunkers want to see, touch and feel these things, it has more to do with that fact that humans make a lot of stuff up, mostly out of self interest, and that this tends to weaken witness testimony as a useful tool in relation to finding the truth in matters like the OP.

Interesting story though.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
What makes this a UFO/Alien case,may I ask?

They could have simply been insects.

And as the above poster has pointed out they are only other peoples statements of what happened and I could not imagine alien flying objects being that small(though I could consider it) or be in somebody's home.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i find it very hard to belive wy would they go to that much truble to check her out when they usualy just abduct people i think they both took too many pills lol

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Halpenny had been writing ghost stories in the 1960 and encountering ghost stories in his exhaustive research into airfield histories, when in 1984, he decided they should form the subject of a special book, and so started to add to, and research his "ghost-mystery" files about abandoned airfields that murmur and whisper with ghosts.[14] Bruce Halpenny had by 1984 become acknowledged as not only a respected British military historian, expert in Airfield histories, but also the expert in RAF Ghosts, especially surrounding Airfields.[15] Ghost Stations was born, and in 1986 the first book was published and proved a best seller as it recounts how, "headless airmen and other spectres have appeared in control towers and other Service buildings throughout the country".[16] Such was demand that a second book entitled, Aaargh! was published with over 30 stories, one of which was The eerie mystery of Lightning 894.[17] Aaargh!, was later to become Ghost Stations 2 as more books later followed over the years and became the cult series of Ghost Stations books.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ghost Stations is a series of books by the British military historian Bruce Barrymore Halpenny, containing ostensibly true ghost and mystery stories generally connected to the RAF, airfields and other military or war connected stories.

en.wikipedia.org...

Author's Website

www.ghoststations.com...
edit on 16-10-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Hiya mate, what a crazy sounding story! On the spectrum of high-strangeness, if it happened, it'd be right out there. It's easy to be dismissive about the stranger claims in ufology, but they're worth reading out of interest.

I read a short story in my teens about humans being contacted by ETI through radio. A meeting is arranged and radio contact is maintained as they come in to land. When they finally land, they can't see us and we can't see them...they're too small!

By the way, there's a new interview with Nick about the book over on mysteriousuniverse.org... Episode 417 and it's a really pretty good stuff. Very relaxed and the questions are always intelligent on MU.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I enjoyed your thought-provoling replies over at Jaques Vallee: Wonders in the Sky and I'm perusing your threads now.

Subjectively it is an interesting story. Most would probably offer the "Poltergeist" hypothesis, but I like the way you think in raising the nano-tech question.

High strangeness, for lack of a better term, does, to me, seem a more & more promising avenue to consider...especially given the occult leanings of the early cheerleaders and promoters of the UFO Age/Meme. A fascinating article by John Keel, here, addresses some interesting points.

Look forward to more theories, counter-thoughts, and cases from you, FireMoon. Peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Thanks for posting the story FireMoon
It's a lot more interesting then the average UFO sighting thats for sure! Great find!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
the story was very entertaining makes you think of the idea that it is plausible that some races of aliens might not be even close to our size.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
What makes this a UFO/Alien case,may I ask?

They could have simply been insects.

And as the above poster has pointed out they are only other peoples statements of what happened and I could not imagine alien flying objects being that small(though I could consider it) or be in somebody's home.

You kind of answered your own question? They were unknown flying objects, which MAY have been insects, but seeing as it wasn't verified it remains "unidentified'.

There's not really any other forum it fits into, other than maybe The Grey Area.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awalltheone
the story was very entertaining makes you think of the idea that it is plausible that some races of aliens might not be even close to our size.

Something like THIS maybe?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey, for some reason that made me think of the replicators from Stargate SG-1. Although they aren't *really* aliens I guess, just mechanical constructions with the ability to reproduce.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
A tough case to swallow? I see what you did there.

Bruce Barrymore Halfpenny sounds like an interesting character. I'll have to check out the links that Zorgon posted to read more about him. Thanks for the post.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hi FireMoon, thanks for sharing this remarkable story.

I never heard of it before and I see that Bruce Barrymore Halpenny wrote quite some books altogether as one can see on the web-site that zorgon posted and this one.

bbh.zulem.com...

How come that I do not see the book named Ghost Stations 111 there?

edit on 15/11/10 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

top topics

join