It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chile miners want over 20 million dollars for their story!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
you kidding me this is beyond ridiculous

www.msnbc.msn.com...

here is the video report, about 1.25 the chilean miners` demands are mentioned

and apparently the are argueing amongst each other about who gets what

this is insane, the greed of money makes humanity sink low

edit on 15-10-2010 by daluniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
...its their story - their call... we didnt survive what they did... we dont even know yet how horrible it was for them... what do you want?... instant and free access to their personal stories?... narcissistic often?...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daluniverse

But we already know their story.
They were stuck in a little hole for 70 days..Thats it!!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by daluniverse
you kidding me this is beyond ridiculous

www.msnbc.msn.com...

here is the video report, about 1.25 the chilean miners` demands are mentioned

and apparently the are argueing amongst each other about who gets what

this is insane, the greed of money makes humanity sink low

edit on 15-10-2010 by daluniverse because: (no reason given)

Let's face it, it's a great story! I'm sure it'll make for a decent movie. And they probably work for peanuts...I heard that the mine company isn't paying them their wages for the time spent underground.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
There is a difference between greed and realizing when opportunity comes a knockin'. If someone is willing to pay it, I say good on the miners. These guys probably are living in a state of poverty welfare recipients in the US could not even begin to imagine. Split the 20 million among them equally, and let them and their families have a shot at a better life. What's it going to cost you? Watching an ad when you see the story on TV?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
hmm..20 million dollars?

naa, I would think it would be about 1-2 mill max

Now...
if some of them died and were eaten...then sure...but since they didn't resort to cannibalism, nor die from some center earth demon or whatnot, then its not as compelling.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They own the rights to their story.

No doubt they've already been hounded by special interest groups looking to capitalize on book deals and literary merchandise. They probably got fed up, and realized they have a golden opportunity to capitalize in the way America capitalizes on even the most mundane of stories.

If some ravenous publishing company wants to make a quarter billion dollars off the tale of a bunch of dudes trapped in a hole, then they have to pay up first, as is always the case when someone sells 'exclusive' rights deals to publishers. It's like an auction. Even if they didn't demand it, it would have went that high anyway from agents cutting in on their competitor's former offers. Maybe even higher. It will probably go over their demands anyway. Nature of the business.

So stop acting like it's beneath them to request what is theirs. If someone wanted to make hundreds of millions of dollars on book deals from YOUR story, you would do the same. Just because these men are poor and operate in slave labor conditions, doesn't mean they have less of a right than Tiger Woods selling book deals or 100 million dollar contracts for a 15 second commercial.

Have some perspective.

What, you just want them to give away all exclusivity to some vampire conglomerate for free because it would be "beneath them" otherwise? Eh.
edit on 16-10-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Maybe the story really worth it,many people want to know the details when they are underground i think.

new topics

top topics

join