It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Tourism Months Away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
According to some experts, we're going to be traveling space as part of tourism very soon. Hm?

(CNN) -- It's unlikely that you've heard of PJ King, despite the fact that he's about to set himself apart from most humans who've ever walked the planet. In as soon as 18 months, King could be launching into space as a paying commercial space tourist.
King, a 41-year-old Irish businessman, is one of hundreds of travelers who've signed up and trained to be among the first paying passengers aboard Virgin Galactic's trips to suborbital space -- 62 miles above the Earth

About 360 paying passengers have signed up to be among Virgin Galactic's first travelers, CEO George Whitesides said. After the initial launches, he expects that number to grow to thousands and tens of thousands.

Source

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty thrilled to hear this news. But is it just a bluff or is it going to take place? When it does, would it be a positive or negative thing? What about launching off from Earth and crashing into space junk?

So many things to wonder about.
Oh well, thought I'd share

edit on 15-10-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Pretty cool, and I guess it should be worth the 200 grand per passenger cost. It is better than the Russians charging 40 million, whew! I can't wait for the "econo line" to come out so I might be able to venture out one day.

spec
edit on 15-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: sp

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This is quite a nice little video, presenting the man who is making it all possible...the billionaire,
Sir Richard Branson.

Wait! Link was broken. I'll be back.

edit on 10/15/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

That link was broken, but here is another vidio, it's animated, but gives an idea of what's it's like in the cabin. Seems to be a bunch of folks playing in the weightlessness in their little "space suits", or it appears this is what is envisioned. I don't think the windows are big enough.

edit on 10/15/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: If at first you fail, try try again.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Can't even imagine. I'm afraid of flying in a plane, forget being out of this world

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I would go in a heartbeat. However, from the little animated vid, it doesn't look like "all that".
I'm thinking I would want more bang for my buck, ya know?

What really gets me about this operation though are the "free falls". I know I wouldn't care for that.

top topics

join