Nazi Atomic weapons in 1943

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: sy.gunson

Just because you can't accept the facts, doesn't entitle you to piss all over it and dismiss it as made up.

Sorry, Sy, but MadScientist is right. Nuclear physics was in its infancy in those days and the Germans nuclear projects (one of which was run by Werner Heisenberg) never worked out how to obtain a sufficient concentration of fissile material to make a bomb. They were completely on the wrong track,

This is true.

and their efforts were also sabotatged by many brave German scientists who didn't want to see Hitler get his hands on an atom bomb.

Is there any evidence for this? I mean excluding the obviously self-serving testimony of the losers after being captured by the Allies?

The interrogations which found that although Other Unspecified or Dead People were Nazis, nobody was themselves a Nazi.

And people who didn't want to admit that their great science was steamrolled by Americans, Brits, and European Jews they kicked out.
edit on 12-12-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Is there any evidence for this?

I believe there is, although I'm no expert in the subject. There is the (conflicting) testimony of Bohr, Heisenberg and Bohr's own archives. Perhaps more credible, if oblique and open to interpretation, are the transcripts of the wiretaps at Farm Hall, near Cambridge, where scientists working on the Nazi programme were held until after the war. Their reactions to the news from Hiroshima are particularly telling.

The playwright Michael Frayn, has researched the subject extensively, and discussed the matter in the long afterword to his play Copenhagen, whose subject is Heisenberg's own actions vis-à-vis the Nazi programme, and the degree to which these were influenced (or manipulated) by Bohr. You may find it interesting to read or watch the play.

More here, though a definitive answer will probably never emerge.

edit on 14/12/14 by Astyanax because: a location.

new topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join