It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cambridge schools to observe muslim holidays

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No you are the one who started this played out thread and started equating the granting of a Islamic holiday to school children an attack on white-america.

I agree with justadood.

ETA in reply to following post:
*sigh*

edit on 15/10/10 by ghostsoldier because: response to next post

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by neo96

You do realise that the Islamic terrorists are the Evangelical Red Necks of the Middle-East don't you?

Arabs have been part of America since 1860, get with the times.

you brought this up.............you not me............

this is hilarious you were the very first one to even mention the word terrorist i feel like im in school all over agian.........................please...............................

please by all means quote QUOTE MY COMMENTS linking a school holiday as jihad or islamic terrorism.....................you are really reaching here.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
America became what it is through hard work, failing many times but never giving up. We were once the land of opportunity, but the kind of opportunity that was gained through perseverance.
Nowadays, it's not really about competition, imo. Everyone wins, no one loses. Losing is a part of winning if you have the desire not to give up too easily. It makes a person become even better than they thought they could be.
It seems like we have too many exceptions for every "minority" under the sun.
It seems like we give too much too fast. There are too many people relying on the government for too many things. If we include those who work for the government along with those who rely on the government for food, housing, specialties, it amounts to a third of the people living in the United States.

I could be wrong but it seems like we are handing everything out on a silver platter and at a rate so fast it's stunning.
I'm all for equality, so why is it not feeling like equality? What I mean is it seems like "the red tape" is expedited or non existent for some but lengthy and a real fight for others.
I agree if days off are recognized for some religious groups, yes, indeed, it should be allowed for other religious groups but then we are leaving out the non religious groups, lol.
Titen-Sxull posted something interesting from page 1.

Now I do think kids of all religions should be able to stay home on those days, but they would do so as a sort of "personal day" just like when I was a kid and my Dad wanted to keep me out of school for a day to go fishing, you just don't show up...

Maybe "personal days" could be the answer to this? If the personal dates are given at the beginning of the school year, then the teachers, the school could adjust accordingly.
This kind of proposal might be the best way to go.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Neo S&F.

sl

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by Hefficide

America is NOT a Christian nation.

If the United States was not build upon a Roman Christian society, why were all of our state buildings (libraries, courts, white house, statehouses, Lincoln memorial, and others) built to emulate the Roman Pantheon?

Second, the Bald Eagle was also a symbol taken from the Roman Empire.

I don't think a lot of people understand the United States, and how it is connected to Roman (European) society.

edit on 16-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ghostsoldier

fake muslims wanting jihad makes allah weep

S&F for this post alone.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Freedom of religion is highly over rated and over stated and also its been used by imams to justify the reasons and the needs for mosques to be made in America and elsewhere.

You have to understand that concept of Freedom of religion in the united states constitution was written in September 17, 1787

The document was made in 1787 before Islamic values came to america, now don't go and claim to me that there were mosques in America around 1787

And what does the freedom of religion mean? lets take a look shall we?

First Amendment: addresses the rights of freedom of religion (prohibiting Congress from establishing a religion and protecting the right to free exercise of religion),

prohibiting Congress from establishing a religion

And what does prohibiting mean

1. Formally forbid (something) by law, rule, or other authority.
2. Formally forbid a person or group from doing something

It means to forbid not to give the right

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

and man i refuse to live in a world where someone elses god and their beliefs matter more than mine

It's not mattering more... its the fact there in the land of the FREE people should be FREE to have remembrance of their holy days as well. If you refuse to live in this world there are many options to leave it... "boom boom good-bye" ... a nice swig of your favorite adult beverage to "leave" this world and enter another ... tons of ways.

Such bull-headedness is un-needed and people like you are the reason the rest of us American's get slapped with the ugly comments about being uncaring and self-centered.

There is nothing so special about "your" god that is better than someone else's "god."

Bah... you make me sick...

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Wrong thread. oops
edit on 18/11/10 by madnessinmysoul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join