It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Survived the Chinese Lantern/Helium Balloon invasion of 10-13-10, So Now What?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

Macy GRAY is an alien ( the clue is in the name )

I've always suspected Macy Gray of being an alien, but Oprah? Come on. I might need more evidence to believe this. If this is true, do you suppose her taking the role in "The Color Purple" was just a diversion away from "the color gray?" I know it's a stretch, but we have to consider all possibilities.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

ladyinwaiting,

I don't get the impression the OP is bashing every single UFO thread that has ever been posted here.
I think the grievance is with the flooding in recent weeks of material which appears highly dubious, and with those who are so terribly gullible as to not even stop to consider the material or video could be false, or misleading.

Well that's just it... (don't worry I obtained some coffee this time!!). Highly dubious perhaps but if we have learned anything it should be not to take things at face value. I expect everybody to investigate material presented with an open mind.

You are not going to convince me that the moment that YT video got put up and the Internet started buzzing, you already had your mind made up that there was nothing to this event. (Unless you completely missed it because you were off line).

People who simply accept the presentation hook, line and sinker without any thinking whatsoever.

Maybe the process of finding facts and explanations works differently for you but in order to investigate these things you will have to accept the presentation in order to study it.

But the real problem I have is that condescending tone towards people who keep an open mind or who did not reach a conclusion as fast as you did!! All of a sudden we can label these people as "gullible"???

Who are you?? Why do you feel you have the right to label people!! Everybody is doing his/her thing in his/her time in his/her way....and if that means that some refuse to accept the obvious and just continue to investigate what they feel is important, than more power to them!!!

It wouldn't be the first time that a majority thinks they are right because they are the majority, only to be proven wrong by that one individual that so "gullible" refused to accept the norm.

Not to say I believe everything that's posted.......and I doubt if you do either. Right?

Paranoia can be fun!!! But I try to reserve an open mind with all things......even things I "know"!!

I really have no problem with the OP or his message but I think we are crossing the line when we are talking about how "we" should prevent this from happening the next time 'round or how some members should adapt a different manner of thinking.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by angelonholiday

Perhaps these and similar 'fake' events are dress rehearsals to guage the public response.

I think you're right. By the time anything real happens we're going to be so confused and frustrated by the whole thing, we're not gonna tell the aliens, "Just get me the hell off this planet!"

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by angelonholiday

Perhaps these and similar 'fake' events are dress rehearsals to guage the public response.

I think you're right. By the time anything real happens we're going to be so confused and frustrated by the whole thing, we're not gonna tell the aliens, "Just get me the hell off this planet!"

Now we are getting somewhere!! Don't give up on the material because the material is explained. The circumstances surrounding these events are dubious to say the least.

My gullibility is telling me that this is a set up from top to bottom. Here's my theory:

Last couple of months there has been some discussion about twitter and the way it spreads information. We have seen a couple of news items go global, in no-time, only to be revealed as a rumor afterwards. The validity of this medium as a news source is questioned. (And with good reason because he who controls the information, controls the world).

ATS and other similar (pfff...as if) websites are the focus of attention because they are the breading ground for resistance against the lies they sprout to control the sheep. (Wikileaks etc. comes to mind....)

Governments are not served with people obtaining their own information!!! Bottom line, it has to be stopped!!

My guess, an elaborate plan has been created to silence us........by us.

Step 1: Create a believable scenario.
(NORAD officers going public)
Step 2: Create a believable observation
(UFO's over NY)
Step 3: Discredit the rumors with logic.
(Present proof of ballons being released etc.)

Now, this scenario has been played over and over on these boards and that is how we do things.....but

the coincidence of it all!!

Step 1: Create a believable scenario
(Mothership revealing over Chicago)
Step 2: Create a believable observation
(Meteor breaking up in three part and hovering)
Step 3: Discredit the rumor with logic
(Show the practice schedule of the US skydiving team)

Right, so two prediction in three days seemingly coming true only to be disproved quite easily. That is more than coincidence, that's a plot. A practice run, so to say.

So what do we have........I believe we still have our "October surprise" that is on the schedule for next Wednesday 10-20-10. This time they will go all out......and I mean ALL out.

They are going for mass-panic!! Twitter will deliver the message and we will be delivering the fear mongering. After the event Government will have no difficulty to prove who started the rumor and who fueled it. People will be so mad that action will be demanded and regulation will be put in place to prevent such a thing ever happening again.........check-mate.

See, I hold all kinds of paranoia......

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Maybe the process of finding facts and explanations works differently for you but in order to investigate these things you will have to accept the presentation in order to study it. But the real problem I have is that condescending tone towards people who keep an open mind or who did not reach a conclusion as fast as you did!! All of a sudden we can label these people as "gullible"???

Listen, Mindcrime, I can see if you may have taken some of my original post to be condescending, I suppose, but LadyinWaiting? You think she has been? If this is what you think, then clearly you are way too sensitive about this.

HEAR THIS, MINDCRIME:

Several of you die hard UFOers have responded to this thread attacking my comments trying to convince me that I have been belittling those who don't see things my way, that I don't have an open mind, and on, and on, and on.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE YET TO SEE?

I have yet to see any one of you talk about these points I've posted in order to convince me that I'm barking up the wrong tree. All you've done is act like my only purpose is to belittle you and attack you...and this is NOT the case!

So, is this all you've got?

You don't see the questions I raised about Project Blue Beam to be valid? Can you explain how these questions of mine will be handled if you are of the opinion that the government could successfully pull this off without it resulting in a complete overthrow of Washington by the people?

You don't believe there are people within the UFO community who get too caught up in this stuff that sometimes they lose their objectivity? Keep in mind, now, that no one on this thread has accused you specifically of being one of them. You guys have behaved as if I've named you specifically! Why so defensive if this scenario does not describe YOU?

Do you believe that the members who post threads claiming to be aliens with a message for all of ATS are, indeed, aliens? And if you do, I'm curious what clues you come across that verify the person's claim in your mind? Is that an unreasonable question for me to ask?

Have you or have you not seen a video this week that provides more definitive proof that the sightings on 10-13 were the work of aliens? If so, I'm curious which one it is because as I've posted numerous times on this thread already, what I saw looked more like lanterns and balloons.

Do you have a theory or an explanation as to why aliens would show up in mass and float around and then leave? Do you? And what do you think they did after they left? Did they go back to their planet some infinity number of light years away after making this appearance? Because I fail to see the logic behind an act like that by a species who presumably is much more technologically advanced than us.

Are you an expert in alien species? Do you have knowledge of the various alien varieties and the characteristics inherent with each of them? If you do, I'm very interested how you accumulated your data for this knowledge? If you are not an expert on this issue, I'm sure you've read, as I have, the writings of some in the field who claim to know this kind of information. And, frankly, even the self-proclaimed experts leave me wondering how the hell they know these things, as we have yet to see one of these creatures ourselves...anywhere, let alone have a sit-down discussion of these facts with them for research purposes. When individuals who post on ATS claim to have this extensive knowledge, don't you think people should have cause to be a bit skeptical about the information?

In light of the fact the Nazis had been working on flying saucer technology back in the era of WWII, and given the fact a number of those scientists were secreted into the U.S. to continue their research and avoid trial for war crimes, don't you think it would be silly to assume that our government might not be the culprit of MOST of the UFO sightings that happen?

If you are going to keep griping at me about my viewpoints and implying me to be more of a skeptic on this topic who seeks to berate believers, then I suggest you review some of the threads I've posted in that relate to this issue. There is nowhere that I claim that believers in UFO's are completely nuts for believing what they do. The only thing you'll find that I do is ask these and similar questions of members who claim, "THIS IS IT!," "DISCLOSURE IS COMING," and similar things, yet don't present anything noteworthy to verify their claims.

All I'm saying is, as believers of the alien and UFO phenomenon, we have to use quite a lot of discernment when we come across people who claim to have proof of this or proof of that. There are jerks who get their jollies off giving believers the run around, there are crazy people who tell delusional tales about themselves that are false, there are attention-seekers who wish to have their 15 minutes of fame, there are charlatans, and then . . . there's the government. That's quite a few adversaries for the UFO community to have to sift through and yet maintain credibility. Am I wrong about that? I'm sorry, but I think many fall for the shenanigans of these adversaries too easily. I personally am slow to accept much of what I've seen as proof. Now, I could be wrong about some of the evidence, but for me, there is nothing more infuriating than to be taken for a ride by some idiot after I've trusted his information when it comes to such an important issue as this.

Are you bent out of shape because you really do think I'm attacking you, or are just mad because I'm bringing up issues that you don't really know how to answer?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Now we are getting somewhere!! Don't give up on the material because the material is explained. The circumstances surrounding these events are dubious to say the least.

Mindcrime, why have you gone to such great lengths to enumerate in my thread all the reasons why I'm being unfair to the UFO believers if the information you laid out in your post above is your belief about what's occurring? Why have you acted offended at the fact I've said these sightings on 10-13 were hardly convincing of anything?

Now, you say you believe these sightings were, "dubious at best?" If you agree with me about this, why am I getting the third degree from you?

I completely agree with everything in your entire post where the above quote came from. What has been the reason for your offense at my thread?

"Now we're getting somewhere?" Well, we could have gotten somewhere way before now if you wouldn't have taken offense at statements that obviously do not apply to you in the first place

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
enjoyable thread and I agree with it to some extent I mean no one is right until we know for sure right. So in the meantime anyone can give an opinion, that at least is our last given free right.

So for my opinion....

To be honest I think that most UFO sightings are most likely military. I mean we know the miltary have built and tested flying discs aka the infamous Alien UFO we all relate to. I think if they had the tech since WWII they prob have come a ways since then. It's a perfect cover for the military, make everyone look up into the sky and ignore whats on the ground! As long as people think its a UFO visiting from outer space the attention is not on them as much- I'm sure they are rubbing their hands thinking it couldn't have played out any better.

You did highlight an intresting point and that is with all these recorded sightings you never see military jets in the vacinity. Surely if you can capture something from the ground with a hand cam the military have already identified it and would intercept it before flying well into their airspace or would be monitoring it.

Of course after saying all that it sounds hypocritical to say I can't dismiss the fact that we are the only living planet in the universe that would be just ignorant. But I feel we cry wolf far too much!

What also really bugs me is that a lot of these people who claim to have knowledge of aliens always seem to be releasing their next book at the same time mmmm to me that doesn't really sound like a cause. Or maybe just me thinks a cause is not a business.

Check out this video of a bit of a gek with a seroius nerd with a intresting hobby - what caught my eye during this interview was when the interviewer asked if he had a book deal or is intresting in getting one $$$$ he declined with he just wants to get his research out to the public because it their money paying for it - and he has the reasearch -

Beyond Blue

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
yeah, ok fine. but some of us have had experiences and live to tell and share...so yes ufo/et's are believable to many. your opinion is well taken. but woe down now. its only your opinion!!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
NightGupsy, what a nice post. Finally someone offering a peace of sanity to this forum.
You have my thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Listen, Mindcrime, I can see if you may have taken some of my original post to be condescending, I suppose.

Indeed.

but LadyinWaiting? You think she has been? If this is what you think, then clearly you are way too sensitive about this.

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
those who are so terribly gullible as to not even stop to consider the material or video could be false, or misleading.
People who simply accept the presentation hook, line and sinker without any thinking whatsoever.

Maybe I am too sensitive, maybe it is condescending. Maybe it is a matter of interpretation...

HEAR THIS, MINDCRIME:

You always talk to people like that??

Several of you die hard UFOers have responded to this thread attacking my comments trying to convince me that I have been belittling those who don't see things my way, that I don't have an open mind, and on, and on, and on.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE YET TO SEE?

I have yet to see any one of you talk about these points I've posted in order to convince me that I'm barking up the wrong tree. All you've done is act like my only purpose is to belittle you and attack you...and this is NOT the case!

But you just said:

I can see if you may have taken some of my original post to be condescending

So, is this all you've got?

Pretty much, yes.

You don't see the questions I raised about Project Blue Beam to be valid? Can you explain how these questions of mine will be handled if you are of the opinion that the government could successfully pull this off without it resulting in a complete overthrow of Washington by the people?

You don't believe there are people within the UFO community who get too caught up in this stuff that sometimes they lose their objectivity? Keep in mind, now, that no one on this thread has accused you specifically of being one of them. You guys have behaved as if I've named you specifically! Why so defensive if this scenario does not describe YOU?

Where did I point out that your notions on the matter are incorrect? I am not arguing with you over your ideas of what is going on. I am arguing with you the fact that you seem to think that you can tell us all how and what is the best way to go....

My post is not meant in anything but jest. But I would be lying if I said I didn’t think there are some members on ATS who are walking a fine line between reality and fantasy when it comes to aliens and ufos. None of us really knows what’s going on, and I think anyone who believes otherwise about themselves is living in a dream world.

You think.......hmmmmmm....that's great. Non of us really knows what's going on but you feel comfortable saying there is a fine line between reality and fantasy. Where is this line, that you can clearly see and some of us can't!!

Do you believe that the members who post threads claiming to be aliens with a message for all of ATS are, indeed, aliens? And if you do, I'm curious what clues you come across that verify the person's claim in your mind? Is that an unreasonable question for me to ask?

I always tend to reserve judgment despite of what I "know". That, in my opinion, is keeping an open mind. Members who claim to be alien always amuse me. I have my own thought on the matter but as long as they don't send me U2U's convincing me of their case or bother me in any other way, I always leave them to their own reality. Didn't you ever notice that most of the fuel for these kinds of threads are delivered by the so called skeptics?

Have you or have you not seen a video this week that provides more definitive proof that the sightings on 10-13 were the work of aliens? If so, I'm curious which one it is because as I've posted numerous times on this thread already, what I saw looked more like lanterns and balloons.

It is irrelevant what I think. To be honest, you will not find a single reply from me on any of the threads created last week. I was one of those that completely missed the hype. What is interesting though is the coincidence of all that has happened the last week.

Do you have a theory or an explanation as to why aliens would show up in mass and float around and then leave? Do you? And what do you think they did after they left? Did they go back to their planet some infinity number of light years away after making this appearance? Because I fail to see the logic behind an act like that by a species who presumably is much more technologically advanced than us.

And this is the logic behind your reasoning? Personally (not that it has anything to do with our little discussion here) I do not think we will be visited anytime soon. I didn't come to ATS for the alien aspect, I do not believe in them. If they did exist than they would sure as h*ll send representatives instead of going them selfs. Like we humans would send robots to explore strange new worlds......they probably will send scouts, drones, whatever to all corners of the universe and let them check it out. (In that light it would make sense to float around and leave.
)

Are you an expert in alien species?

I am an expert in absolutely nothing. Seriously, I hold no degree of any importance, I do not work in this field and I couldn't be bothered with it either.

Do you have knowledge of the various alien varieties and the characteristics inherent with each of them? If you do, I'm very interested how you accumulated your data for this knowledge? If you are not an expert on this issue, I'm sure you've read, as I have, the writings of some in the field who claim to know this kind of information. And, frankly, even the self-proclaimed experts leave me wondering how the hell they know these things, as we have yet to see one of these creatures ourselves...anywhere, let alone have a sit-down discussion of these facts with them for research purposes.

See my previous answer.....

When individuals who post on ATS claim to have this extensive knowledge, don't you think people should have cause to be a bit skeptical about the information?

Skeptical, yes!! but....

Many on ATS will have to practice this way of thinking more frequently than others, but we can all do it together. Let’s vow to give a helping hand to those requiring more attention in this area?

this "plan" of yours smells of assimilation. Let's get everybody to work from a baseline that is consistent with your idea of sanity and rationality.

In light of the fact the Nazis had been working on flying saucer technology back in the era of WWII, and given the fact a number of those scientists were secreted into the U.S. to continue their research and avoid trial for war crimes, don't you think it would be silly to assume that our government might not be the culprit of MOST of the UFO sightings that happen?

Could be...I don't know. But you are saying that we should at least accept this "theory" as rational and possible while at the same time you are condemning others for expressing their delusions??

If you are going to keep griping at me about my viewpoints and implying me to be more of a skeptic on this topic who seeks to berate believers, then I suggest you review some of the threads I've posted in that relate to this issue. There is nowhere that I claim that believers in UFO's are completely nuts for believing what they do. The only thing you'll find that I do is ask these and similar questions of members who claim, "THIS IS IT!," "DISCLOSURE IS COMING," and similar things, yet don't present anything noteworthy to verify their claims.

You couldn't be more of a skeptic than me but I do not feel the urge to tell other people what kind of logic they should adapt.

All I'm saying is, as believers of the alien and UFO phenomenon, we have to use quite a lot of discernment when we come across people who claim to have proof of this or proof of that. There are jerks who get their jollies off giving believers the run around, there are crazy people who tell delusional tales about themselves that are false, there are attention-seekers who wish to have their 15 minutes of fame, there are charlatans, and then . . . there's the government.

So wouldn't you say you are limiting your own ability to find the "truth" by denying certain people the opportunity to say what they want, delusional as it may be to you.

That's quite a few adversaries for the UFO community to have to sift through and yet maintain credibility. Am I wrong about that? I'm sorry, but I think many fall for the shenanigans of these adversaries too easily.

The UFO community?? You are creating the "UFO community" by creating lines and borders and frames to which people should comply in order to be part of your wonderful little group. Let me tell you this, the more structure you are trying to apply to this "community" the more you are setting yourself up to be taken out.

I personally am slow to accept much of what I've seen as proof. Now, I could be wrong about some of the evidence, but for me, there is nothing more infuriating than to be taken for a ride by some idiot after I've trusted his information when it comes to such an important issue as this.

You feel gullible when that happens, don't you?? You feel disappointed that you did not enter that thread with a "clear head and brains that are function from a reality-based center". So now you are trying to implement rules of etiquette regarding material posted on ATS and how we should address it.

Are you bent out of shape because you really do think I'm attacking you, or are just mad because I'm bringing up issues that you don't really know how to answer?

Neither, I am bend out of shape over the fact that you feel betrayed and now your are here advocating action to prevent it from ever happening again.

I am sorry but you really need to stop trying to make ATS a community that is defined by rules and laws of perceived sanity. In my humble opinion, everybody is welcome. (Even those that claim to be alien.
)

Peace
edit on 17-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: grammar

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hey OP, I believe your post to be one of the most eloquently written pieces I've come across at ATS thus far. Articulated with poetic melody, it echoes of a great and powerful mind. I do, however, have a question. When you mentioned something to the circumstance of why shouldn't we expect the government to attempt to manipulate our opinions and beliefs about ufos, I was curious as to what you think the reason for such manipulation might be? In closing, you state that basically after all the hoax hooplah, that no one will care about it when it really happens (contact). Are you saying that perhaps the governement or relavant entity is intending to desensitize us to control an expected level of panic if/when it happens?

Then again, the only reason there are UFOs is that we've failed to identify them. If they wanted to manipulate our opinions or beliefs about something. . .why pick aliens? Why not build machines that appear as dragons? I mean, really I think I'm about as likely to meet one as I would the other when I wake up tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I do believe in ET life. Please, Pleasd do not mistake what I've written as sarcasm. I really get that a lot, mostly from my wife.
The sight of a Dragon over a city thousands of years ago appears to have nearly the same effect as a UFO over cities of today.

Again, great post, very inspirational and well written. S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Obviously you raise valid issues. There are people on those threads who can be rude, insulting, making crude and tripe comments. But I haven't seen that so much in this thread. The OP is made with an element of playfulness, not insults, to my mind. If you think my use of the term gullible is condescending, then so be it. I can't actually think of a better word. What would you suggest? Undiscerning? Lacking any skepticism whatsoever? Or should we all just be quiet?

Bear in mind that your issues work both ways. While one has the right to believe, others have the right not to, and the right to express that opinion, and the reasons for it.

A question for you.
Does it not bother you when someone says something is coming, and some kid jumps up wanting to know if they should go into hiding yet, and the OP says "yeah, I think you should leave now?"
Then the kid comes back upset because his parents won't listen to him and let him move into the caves, or whatever.
ha. I'm exaggerating of course, but I've seen things not far off from that.

Yeah, it kinda bugs me when I see someone being taken for a ride on that merrygoround.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

ladyinwaiting,

To be honest with you, I should not even be in this thread. The only objection I had to make was the plan of the OP to somehow create a kind of "quality seal" on ATS and all it's content.

Now I may have been visiting the psychology-forum too much (the reason I am here!!) but I keep ending up with the conclusion that right and wrong is really relative. So to proclaim that the members of ATS should adopt a certain, pre-approved, mindset in order to participate, makes me wanna not come here. (If you know what I mean?)

Bear in mind that your issues work both ways. While one has the right to believe, others have the right not to, and the right to express that opinion, and the reasons for it.

My point exactly!! But the OP is suggesting that, after this 10-13-10 phenomenon, we should move on in a fashion that we prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future. Why?

By demanding this, is the OP not suggesting regulations? Maybe I misunderstood......

A question for you:
Does it not bother you when someone says something is coming, and some kid jumps up wanting to know if they should go into hiding yet, and the OP says "yeah, I think you should leave now?"
Then the kid comes back upset because his parents won't listen to him and let him move into the caves, or whatever.

Yeah that can upset me (not as much as people giving medical advise on ATS but it upsets me) and I will try to advise against what the OP is saying. I will try a lot of things but I will not put up a thread about the event and tell everybody about how "everybody who is saying something is coming" and "everybody jumping up because something is coming" are not working from a very sane perspective and should be helped in thinking more clearly next time 'round......

All in all, I get the point of this thread but what is the OP suggesting we should do? What action should be undertaken?.......

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

All in all, I get the point of this thread but what is the OP suggesting we should do? What action should be undertaken?.......

I don't remember seeing a recommendation of censorship, but I haven't re-read the OP.

I'm just taking it as a sort of "editorial comment".

I honestly believe it the OP had come on here as a proponent of those threads, and I saw the lofty and intelligent thinking and the humor, I would have read it and felt it was as much applicable and thought-worthy as this one.

edit on 10/17/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: additional comment

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We need something close up because all these balloon warnings are too boring.
Nothing credible in the shape of a craft for years and years now.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
We need something close up because all these balloon warnings are too boring.
Nothing credible in the shape of a craft for years and years now.

I agree.
I hunger for one of those balloon "animals" like a dog or , um , a hippo.
At the very least you'd think the aliens would make it a bit more interesting for us.
ET is very inconsiderate of late !

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What's next is sky divers in El Paso texas diving in an identical formation...

My question is what will the next one be explained away as???

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconciler

I agree. I hunger for one of those balloon "animals" like a dog or , um , a hippo. At the very least you'd think the aliens would make it a bit more interesting for us. ET is very inconsiderate of late !

Ha, ha, Reconciler, I just now read your post today. I hadn't seen it before. It cracked me up. Star.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join