It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Leads Afghan Reconciliation With The Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

NATO Leads Afghan Reconciliation With The Taliban

news.firedoglake.com...

NATO forces are facilitating preliminary talks between Afghanistan and the Taliban, suggesting that the tide has shifted in favor of a “declare victory and get out” approach rather than a multi-decade struggle.

The NATO official confirmed that “there has been outreach by very senior members of the Taliban to the highest levels of the Afghan government.” But the official cautioned that these have been only preliminary discussions about reintegrating insurgent fighters and reconciling with the militant movement’s leadership.

news.firedoglake.com...
www.pentagonchannel.mil...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I am grasping this fully. Does this mean the war is coming to an end?

-B

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I came across this piece 2 days ago .I am not sure what it means but salt added might be a good idea in either case ...

By Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan

Statement of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan Regarding the Baseless claims and futile Propaganda
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

A few days ago, Washington Post made a claim on the basis of unauthenticated and unfounded report that some high-ranking officials of the Islamic Emirate, consisting of 15 persons, held secret talks with the Kabul regime on the instruction of the leadership of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan. Following that, some Afghan and world media outlets reported that talks between the delegation of the Islamic Emirate and the officials of the Kabul regime were in progress in Serena Hotel in the capital Kabul.

Last Monday, the Head of the Kabul puppet regime, Hamid Karzai, in an interview with the American TV network, CNN, repeated the said futile rumors, saying he had held talks with the delegations of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan for the past few months and that the process was still continuing.

The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, as in the past, refutes these futile claims and baseless propaganda and believes that it is a part and parcel of a regular psychological warfare of the enemy. The Islamic Emirate wants to make it clear once again that such propaganda is usually projected and circulated by media outlets. Practically, the enemy has never contacted the leaders of the Islamic Emirate, let a lone holding any kind of talks with them. Nor any effort has been made by the enemy directly or indirectly to initiate contacts with the leadership of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.

The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan assures the Muslim and Mujahid people of Afghanistan and all the Ummah that the Islamic Emirate will not accept any kind of negotiation or ceasefire with the invading enemy until and unless the invaders have not pulled out of Afghanistan. The Islamic Emirate has always explained its unwavering stance regarding the negotiation and versus the futile and hackneyed propaganda of the Americans and their surrogates.

peace

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by baked

no its not comming to and end........................."multidecade" means theres along way to go..........

those people remember what it was like under the taliban and thats something that will never easily be forgotten.

i honestly dont see how they will ever come to peace...........

if anything this means the us wants out and will turn over the fight to the karzai government and stick around in an advisory position...........much like how iraq turned out.....still there just not as many us deaths as when you have a open warfare.

any rate thats my take..

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't see how either. The taliban raping and killing women. Any kind of "peace talk" is an insane motive. Your right, though. There will be no end. Its just another "Mission Accomplished".

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
www.boilingfrogspost.com...

The ‘Obvious’ Silence of the Times, China’s Pipelineistan War, Mujahedin’s Penetration of Tajikistan
In a continuous flow of money, American tax dollars end up paying members of the Taliban and funding a volatile environment in Afghanistan. Private contractors pay insurgents with the hope of attaining the very safety they are contracted to provide. Concurrently, US soldiers pay at checkpoints run by suspected insurgents in order to get safe passage. In some cases, Afghan companies run by former Taliban members, like President Hamid Karzai’s cousin, are protecting the passage of American soldiers. The funding of the insurgents, along with rumors of American helicopters ferrying Taliban members in Afghanistan, has led to widespread distrust of American forces. In the meantime, the US taxpayer’s dollar continues to fund insurgents to protect American troops so they can fight insurgents.
Ahmad Rate Popal is a grand example of how those who controlled Afghanistan under Taliban rule are still controlling Afghanistan today and being paid by US tax dollars. Popal, who served as interpreter at one of the ruling Taliban’s last press conferences, is greatly increasing his wealth through the US war in Afghanistan. In 1988, he was charged with conspiring to import heroin into the United States. He was released from prison in 1997. Popal’s cousin is Afghanistan’s President Karzai. Popal and his brother Rashid (who pleaded guilty in 1996 to a separate heroin charge) control the Watan Group in Afghanistan, which is a consortium engaged in many different fields of business. One of Watan’s enterprises is to protect convoys of Afghan trucks heading from Kabul to Kandahar, carrying American supplies. Popal is one example of the virtual carnival of improbable characters and shady connections, with former CIA officials and ex-military officers in Afghanistan joining hands with former Taliban members and mujahideen to collect US government funds in the name of the war effort.

Okay, that’s what the article is about but it isn’t what got my attention. Here is what I’m getting at: ............Sibel Edmonds..............
As the bodies in Afghanistan are piling up and the number of wounded keeps escalating, while Washington is buzzing with the long-known but selectively-buried corrupt and criminal past and present of our installed government officials there, some are cashing in on both sides, and some are paving the way to the next pot(s) of gold reserved for carpetbaggers and war-profiteers in every war or conflict. In this game there always are a few known names and faces who are publicized and who draw the spotlight, and there are those who enjoy operating and profiting quietly without drawing deserved attention and needed scrutiny. That’s how Washington’s war and conflict machine works, and that’s’ the way our foreign policy decisions are influenced and made. I am going to introduce one such character as an introduction to my upcoming longer story on this same topic. Ladies and gentlemen please meet our Neocon Ex Congressman, Don Ritter, and be informed of his new lucrative ‘Laundering Business’ in Afghanistan. peace ,and remember

top topics

join