It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question for you ATSers out there. (Reguarding the future)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Do you think our world is doomed?

Because at times I look at current events and see horrible stuff and I think "wow the world must be ending." but then at other times I look at those same events and think that this could lead to a great future. So what do you think about current events?

[Also move the thread if needed. I just posted here because this seems like it's the opinion forum.]
edit on 10/15/2010 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think our worlds been doomed since civilised man. We're monster who don't treat this planet the way it's meant too be...

...Just Sayin'

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanhippi
I think our worlds been doomed since civilised man. We're monster who don't treat this planet the way it's meant too be...

...Just Sayin'

So you don't think a positive future is on the way? I'm asking here because I'm curious. Sometimes I think that a perfect tolerant society is around the corner.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Really? I see things going the other way. I think things are gonna get a lot worse before we see a positive difference globally.

We're just as barbaric as ever, and we can't even get along with eachother, proven day after day. So yeah, the future is grim, hate to be the depressing one though, cos Im generally a happy guy.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I cant see too much to get positive about , especially when i see all the bad things in the world. I've always been a half full kind of person, so maybe that influences my view point.

What positive things can you see? help me cheer myself up

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I cant see too much to get positive about , especially when i see all the bad things in the world. I've always been a half full kind of person, so maybe that influences my view point.

What positive things can you see? help me cheer myself up

Well, I see that our society is learning to be more tolerant of religions and life style choices...well our society doesnt include the idiots on TV.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Of course our world is doomed. It would be doomed even if life hadn't evolved.

Nothing lasts forever. At some point in the distant future, the Earth will be incinerated by our sun as it ages.

Goodbye all!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
So what do you think about current events?

All are entering new phase of existance. ALL are eternal some shall become more spiritually charged others demonically charged due to lawlesness.

Overall we are maturing in our energy fields, good or bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This kinda refines my point. Then again...Ellen is amazing.

Cl ick?
edit on 10/26/2010 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/26/2010 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There is always the possibility of redemption.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post bydrew1749

Similarly to the film The day the earth stood still, i believe faced with extinction, the human race as a whole is capable of turning it around, because we're naturally survivors, its just it shame that it would take the possible end of the human race to achieve this. However, there s a part of me that thinks that there are still people out there who manipulate the aftermath situation to their own end unfortunatly.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I used to hate this place, this earth, this reality....

But I must have been born for this, because as the world goes down the snipper I'm happier than ever.

Its not like I don't care or am not concerned but ive found a way to not let it effect my emotional state of balance.

Ive learned to be empathetic without being tortured. I'm better at balanced. Ive switched teams to the optimist side.

Whatever comes, comes I'm not worrying about it to the point that precious life can't be lived.

An I no longer feel sorry for the brain rinsed manipulated masses, you've had more than enough time to get yourself prepared for the coming change.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If you can keep enough people convinced that the world can end at any time, and keep enough living in fear and doubt, then you can easily manipulate and control them.

There is good and bad in virtually everything, and that includes our future.

Having the most positive outlook on life ALWAYS, will make life better.

The world has been ending since it began, and it will likely be ending for another half a billion years more... So don't worry be happy!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
No. THe world is not doomed. It's lasted for millions of years, a few financial catastrophe's won't destroy the world, insanity will only destroy itself. The strong will survive.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
just live life one day at a time and you'll find yourself not worrying about the world as much.

we are not doomed, not yet. the future is never written in stone.

yes, tptb can use fears of doom to control, terrorism for example.

we are the great creators and destroyers of our world, it is an imperative duality.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
the sun always rise every morning, as bad as the weather may look like in the night

don't worry

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Hey Drew. Most of the time I can't stop thinking about that. With all the horrible things happening these days it seems that the world is going down the drain. I believe that its all going to climax to a point where something Great But Horrible will occur which will ultimately lead to something Great & Wonderful.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
if you stop to analyze everything happening around us, it would be logical to associate our world to a prison, since, a lot of corrupted people live around us and they are the ones leading, instead of the good ones

maybe we are a planetary or even universal prison and we dont know about it

top topics

join