It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huffington and Oprah both pay for attendees to 'Rally to Restore Sanity'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by FlyersFan

If a bunch of angry, white right-wingers can have a rally, then so can left-wingers.

I don't care enough to attend any rally. I have a life to live here.

Care to post some links to any part of that rally that came off as either angry or all white?

Or are we just trolling?

Ill hold my breath
edit on 18-10-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hello FlyersFan,

Glad to see you posting again after a long absence.

I must admit I found the date and exact location of Glenn's rally very tacky, but hey, that's his right. I haven't looked for any info if the right side paid for transportation to Beck's rally( which will make sense with the info below), but I did find something more disturbing......

wiki

On November 21, 2009, at The Villages, Florida, Beck announced a rally to be held on August 28, 2010, in Washington, D.C., at the Lincoln Memorial.[11] Beck originally intended the rally as political, and planned to promote his next book, The Plan, in which he would outline a century-long plan to "save the country". Over the 2009 Christmas holidays, however, Beck decided to publicize the event as being "non-political", and focus on raising awareness and funds for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation charity, because soliciting tax-exempt funds to pay for the rally through the charity restricts political activity. The charity receives funds collected above the amount needed to pay for the rally.[12][13][14] Beck named his planned rally "Restoring Honor," saying its theme was "about honoring character" as well as honoring the sacrifices of U.S. Armed Services personnel.

So in other words, once everyone's "speaking fees", logistics, production costs, mark up, etc are paid for...then the rest goes to the SOWF. Charging for bus ticket packages now makes sense. I've done a quick google and can't really find accurate and reliable figures as to what came in and what SOWF finally received.

Stewart is telling people to go directly to the The National Mall website to make any donations. Also, 100% of all proceeds from rally paraphernalia sold, goes directly to the charity..

Personally, I prefer Jon and his friends paying outta their own pockets to make the event a success, and asking for donations directly to the charity, then pay for a "Rally bus ticket package" and not not knowing if my donation actually ended up in the hands I intended.

ETA

as usual.....follow the money

edit on 18-10-2010 by Connector because: .

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
So in other words, once everyone's "speaking fees", logistics, production costs, mark up, etc are paid for...then the rest goes to the SOWF.

From what I've read the "costs" being referred to were the actual costs of running the rally, not speaking fees. And we both know if Palin and Beck didn't get paid, then it's highly unlikely that anyone else who spoke got paid.

A source close to the event has verified to Mediaite that Sarah Palin will not be receiving a fee for her appearance at the rally, and that the funds raised will be used for basic overhead such as audio/video equipment, bathroom facilities, and the like. Beck won’t see any of the cash, and has even made a large personal donation, according to the charity.

In fact, the Special Operations Warrior Foundation says that the “Restoring Honor” rally has already netted the charity “just over $2 million,” which means they’ve more than covered the estimated cost of the rally, with a month and a half to spare.

Source

Edit: And the bus tickets I referred to in previous posts were not being sold by Beck, they were being sold by random people and advertised under the event section of the tea party group's website. The actual Beck page about the rally had a donation page for SOWF and asked that people make checks out to the charity if they wanted to send money by check.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Jenna because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join