It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened in the 17 days the miners refuse to talk about?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Thank you for clearing that out, would you link me so i could see where you get this from?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicodin

No I can't link you to what I heard during the news broadcasts. sorry.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
here you go, i'll add to the stew..

there really does seem to be something more to all this, what do you lot think?- vigilantcitizen.com...

wow i didnt see the shirts the rescurers had to wear...thats crazy....and also....oct 13 (1307) is the day of the Templar massacre....

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
well of the Masonic innuendo is simply coincidental!
No matter how many times in row it happens

more food for thought (pun intended)

I am just kidding here I'm glad they're saved
edit on 10/15/2010 by MrsBlonde because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What happens 1km beneath Chile, stays 1km beneath Chile.

Trapped for 69 days, beginning on August 5th, only to be discovered as still alive on day 17, August 22nd-23rd. So, if they aren't telling what happened between August 5th and late on August 22nd, then I doubt it is anything conspiratorial, nor cannibalism, nor Miners Gone Wild. Considering a team of psychologists were on hand to communicate with the trapped miners on the very next day, it is most likely they were suffering from psychological trauma caused by long-term isolation and confinement in the dark.

Hopefully they do get a good book and movie deal out of this considering they and 150 other workers are now out of jobs since the mine they worked in has been permanently closed for being unsafe. I somehow doubt getting a free IPod Touch is fair compensation for being now unemployed.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
These men must have been going thru hell - most likely thought they were going to die one by one. I suspect their stories have to be heard by someone that can compose it so that we would understand it. And yes maybe they are holding out for money - can't say I blame because they certainly won't be working again. A lot of people make big money that have gone thru or done a lot less than these men have. Let's give them a break - time for them to be with family and regroup their lives.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As a male with healthy sexual vitality, I would say that sex with other dirty men would be the LAST thing on my mind being stuck down there. Seriously why are we thinking this is one of the secrets?
edit on 15-10-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
OK, didn't any of you listen to the news stories?
The last miner out, I forget his name, was the boss down under. He organized them and they were not in total darkness, they had mining trucks down there, and they turned the lights on for 12 hours a day, then turned them off to sleep (this way their circadian rhythms were not interrupted). He organized them into work groups. They blasted into a fresh water supply, so they HAD water to drink and bath in. They had some 120 cans of tuna fish and I believe canned milk which they rationed. Only a few bites of tuna fish and a cup of milk a day, I believe.

Of course some of them came up clean shaven and smelling good, they had sent down razors and stuff down to them.

There are other tunnels down there so they were not all stuck in one little room all that time.

I also heard that one of the miners was quite religious, and he acted as a spiritual advisor, and one of the men was used to running in his spare time, so he was able to run about 10 KM per day through the tunnels. Another one of the miners had first aid training, so he was able to monitor their health. In an industrial workplace, there must be at least one first aid person for a group of workers.

Originally, 1 or 2 of the miners were too overweight to make it up the planned route out, so it was good for them they had a sort of forced diet. They should have been running through the mine tunnels with the one who ran. I would have been, how horrible would that have been to be still too big to get out.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

The shirts simply have the color and star of the flag of Chile. That list is bunk.
edit on 15-10-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross because: spelling

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Frankly, it's no-one's business but theirs.

It would not be surprising if there were conflicts - starving, thirsdy, at least 30 degrees, humidity 85%, one teaspoon of tuna a day and a few sips of water, and facing the real possibility of a long, painful death. Hardly suprising if emotions ran high at times....but it's not our business.

Sometimes I so despise the crassness and prurience of the media, why do they always have to sully people so.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

occult numerology. occult symbolism. and they got a book deal- www.guardian.co.uk... . its all part of the pantomime. definitely smells fishy!! i wonder if we'll ever find out how fishy???

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
when some of them started coming out of the mine,the uk news was saying that some of them said they were fighting between eachother down there,and it get very voilent,but now there not speaking,so of course there all sitting on what went on down there,and to be fair,i'm looking forward to the documentary yet to be made,and the books from this story.

after the first week of being down there,you be thinking no one coming,so deep underground,you would of had the screamers,moaners,begging going on,it must of been hell,to think your all gonna die slowly,in darkness...so yes,it a great story to be told....THE MEASURE OF A MAN.....to be lock in a tomb,without hope,knowing you will die slowly,i dont care who you are,everyone must of cracked down there.
edit on 15-10-2010 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

What happened in the 17 days the miners refuse to talk about?

Horrible things. Darkness, hopelessness, immortality, fear, depravity, all the things that could possibly go through ones mind durring a 'end of life' facing situation with no sence of hope. I dont think I would want to talk, or even remember, such things either.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There are allusions to the fact that the shift boss became a unifying factor to these men...

Reading into that and understanding human behavior I would think that there probably was a LOT of fear during those seventeen days and it's entirely possible that not everybody behaved as heroically or even as rationally as one would hope.

Put yourself into that situation, mentally, for a few minutes and you can easily see how men, who think they are almost surely going to die might lose hope and start to behave in some very feral and aggressive ways.

To me the story isn't that there were 17 days that the men won't speak of.... The story is that apparently one man managed to bring the others back to sanity during that seventeen day period. To me it is something of a minor miracle (no pun intended) that none of these men went absolutely nuts and committed suicide or killed.

I would further imagine that reestablishing some semblance of order, in that mine, probably involved a bit of "tough love". Somebody had to have lost it at some point and the other miners would have had to restrain anyone who was behaving irrationally.

If you watched your friends go nuts, one by one, and had to forcibly hold them down, would you want the world to know afterward?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
post removed by staff

I have more than healthy sexual vitality and I can tell you now that sex would be far from my mind in that situation. That's ridiculous that someone even suggested that!

I have a feeling that conflicts did go on, but being such close quarters and with so much silence I bet they also divulged some very personal details to each other, and others may have heard. Especially if a spiritual advisor was taking confession.
edit on Fri Oct 15 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: post removed by staff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I can't believe no one sees the most obvious possibility: That there were more than 17 trapped down there, but that some number of the miners *did* commit suicide during those 17 days.

Think about it...Some men can keep fighting til the bitter end, some men give up hope quickly, some men are just very rational thinking and may have weighed the situation, choosing a more merciful end.

OR without proper implements to end it all, perhaps someone convinced a coworker to do the ending part...

I don't know, and absolutely do not judge anyone on what happened down there...I don't know what I would do in that situation either.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I would further imagine that reestablishing some semblance of order, in that mine, probably involved a bit of "tough love". Somebody had to have lost it at some point and the other miners would have had to restrain anyone who was behaving irrationally.

If you watched your friends go nuts, one by one, and had to forcibly hold them down, would you want the world to know afterward?

~Heff

i totally agree,to have to see your good friends completely crumble,or yourself completely fall to bits,in front of everyone,it something you would all want to get your heads round...a real moment of WTF just happen...

but end of the day,we will all get the gory detail in the end,to many men with no money,to not talk,and to many people wanting to know what went on down there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join