It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroids and other earth ending possibilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I put this in Skunkworks because I have no clue where to put it. Ok I was just thinking about planet ending collisions with celestial bodies and other possible planet ending natural disasters. Scientists are now finding out that Earth may not be a random mistake and is possibly a natural occurance in the universe....ie..finding planets circling other stars. So since asteroids and other natural disasters are going to happen this planet sooner or later and will most likely end the majority of life...and with that take our knowledge with us...meaning whoever is left will have to start over again..does that not also go for other planets with life? I am saying that life can only get to a certain point of advancement and then something comes along and wipes it out.

I mean can there possibly be life out there, that is millions of years ahead of us or even a thousand yrs ahead of us that could have survived that long without the natural disasters befalling them? I am pretty sure there is life out there..but not visiting us and please believers don't give us editorial about how you believe they are here and offer no evidence but the same old tired crap being used over and over as evidence fo life visiting us. I am not very good with words so I hope I made some kind of sense...

edit on 15-10-2010 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
In such a chaotic and destructive universe, if it is possible for life to begin, and eventually thrive... theoretically it could be possible for any species to reach such a period of longevity. Remember, the universe is 15 to 16 billion years old, while earth is only around 4.5 billion years old. It's possible that another species could have existed a billion years ago, and still exists today. By having so much uncertainty to the universe, you allow for unlimited possibilities.

new topics

join