It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny How Nothing Ever "HAPPENS".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I love this site and all it's many characters,but for all the smart and semi smart debate, NOTHING spoken of has manifested it's self. For example.

1,Alien invasion.
2,Freemasons or NWO finally come clean and attack the world!
3,Atlantis rises.
4,Nazi UFO's invade the USA.
5,civil war in USA,UK [place name of western country here].
6,Chinese bones found in Yonkers.
7.free energy/ cure all machines.

etc,etc,etc.

Is it ALL a big fat waste of time i ask? do we come on here to save going on talkcarz dot com etc?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think it's the search for that one story that really hits, that really is true. Most of us feel that something is going to happen (could be self-fulfilling prophecy or just us being crazy) but none of us are quite sure what that thing is. I don't think it's a waste of time, because people around here intelligently discuss politics, current events, etcs. Although sometimes it can get a little crazy (like it did on Oct 13th with the UFO) for the most part, this is a good place for people to search for that one thing that finally might really happen.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
valid points,but then we get into 'journey syndrome' and i WANT results. it seems,perhaps,that us humans are content to speculate about things that never become real. is this site the ultimate shrine to nothing?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

Oh, I see what you're getting it.

It could be. But there are a lot of shrines to nothing (think, all of MTV.) At least here, we are talking about actual news articles and (some) people are actually researching. I think ATS is a good thing despite the fact that yes, maybe nothing on this website is real. In a sense, like the Bible, which isn't necessarily real or true but has good points? Teaches us morals and etc? ATS teaches us critical thinking. If you are a blind follower, you will be attacked, because people want you to form your own opinions and do research before making claims here. thats what I like most about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
hmm if this site teaches you critical thinking...

my point is this. let's SEE something manifest and happen,otherwise,its ALL a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
hmm if this site teaches you critical thinking...

my point is this. let's SEE something manifest and happen,otherwise,its ALL a waste of time.

Why? Why does something have to be true to not be a waste of time? You are basically discounting all religion right now, because religion has not been 'seen' to manifest, only felt and believed. A lot like ATS. I don't find it a waste of time to devote to things that might not be real. What if we're all in the Matrix and none of this is real, what if when we die everything is just blackness? Then everything we ever did was a waste of time. Doesn't mean we should stop doing everything.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i do have a religious side,because i feel that SOMETHING comes from something,however,i mean in a more concrete way. where are the ufos? the NWO attacks,asteroids,etc etc. where? books,dvds.and ££££££ tours are made from what? where?

i say this: if 2012 comes and goes with so much as a puff of smoke,close this site.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Sad thing is much of what you have written may have and is still.
2nd

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
you say it will? you FULLY believe that? when? or,is it 2020 and people are STILL writing threads "we all vanish in 2021"?? "ufos invade in 2025".

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I will not expect nothing to happen on this one
Some day we will have on ATS a prediction that will become true. I hope so then is one of the reason for being on ATS.
edit on 20/02/2009 by Karmayogi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That seems all good that none of those did happen.
World governance must have been set for many a year and is well controlled.
We know of some events and some are hidden.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

i don't want to put words in your mouth, i think your opinion is fair .. however i was wondering if your original post was a summary of your view of ats as a whole, or specifically the dreams and predictions section of ats?

hmm, well personally if i were to comment on that, i'd say that with all the threads that exist on ats currently, there probably could be thousands, tens of thousands or maybe more than that. what i'm trying to say is there are alot of threads, each with it's own unique conspiracy or a different view on another conspiracy... and although most of us agree there are probably disinformation agents posting here as well ( if disinformation agents did exist, this IS exactly where they'd be - pursuing efforts to dismantal conspiracy theorists ) i think we all can agree that the spectrum of what ats actually has become is pretty huge

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I guess global financial collapse is not exciting enough for you?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
global ruin is to be expected;its nothing curious only ruinous.

and,yes,ATS is a monument to nothingness and paranoia.

top topics

join